We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabis Appreciation Thread Options

Cognitive Heart
#1 Posted : 5/23/2015 4:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What exactly does cannabis help you with? Share some thoughts, experiences, opinions and love surrounding this wonderful plant ally. Smile
Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
thank%20you,%20cannabis.jpg (202kb) downloaded 182 time(s).
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nemesauce
#2 Posted : 5/23/2015 4:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis has helped me with MS in so many ways that I cannot even begin to count them.

I have extreme neuropathic pain in my left shoulder/arm/neck, so bad that at times I wished that my body had a zipper that could could be unzipped and I could step out until it passed, this is not possible, but cannabis is the ONLY thing that helps.

But let's not overshadow the fact that its just down right enjoyableBig grin

InLaKesh
#3 Posted : 5/23/2015 6:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the dance.
Thank you for making me an artist.
Thank you for teaching me meditation.
Thank you for the laughs.
Tank you for the fun and the jokes.
Thank you for keeping an earthbound spirituality in an urban surrounding.
Love
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

InLaKesh
#4 Posted : 5/23/2015 7:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for teaching me moderation through excess Razz (hehe, on a break right now)

edit: i came to the conclusion that a 1-4 week break per season is a really good thing that makes me appreciate the plant even more.
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

TGO
#5 Posted : 5/23/2015 7:43:32 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Cannabis has helped me in many ways but mostly with insomnia. A few good puffs before bed helps me slip into dreamworld with great ease.

Cannabis has also allows me to wind down and release stress, hence the above statement ^^. Big grin

Cannabis has helped me have a more positive outlook on life in general.

Thank you cannabis, for being one of the most versatile and beneficial plants known to man!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Strigiform
#6 Posted : 5/24/2015 4:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis has helped me with my sleep (chronic insomniac). This is the most important thing. It also makes taking breaks especially difficult.

It also makes anything that I'm working on a little more interesting and fun. I know that it does not sap from me my motivation to work, since my grades and hours spent working for the past 9 months has not faltered. My grades have improved, actually (senior-level electronics courses)

I also have suffered from an eating disorder. I don't seem to ever find myself going into that particular downward spiral of thinking, even when taking breaks from cannabis.

For some reason, it seems that cannabis helps me with my ADD. I'm not as impulsive and can be notably more productive, but this therapeutic window is generally confined to smaller doses. The anxiety and depression that typically arise simply don't. For 8 months, I was not able to afford my medication, and took a small dose of cannabis instead. I think the traditional treatment is likely better, but cannabis seems far gentler on my body than amphetamines (this is a subjective observation).

I'm one of the lucky ones. Despite being a nearly-daily consumer of cannabis, I can still have dreams (I just have a harder time remembering them). Sometimes if I have a lot (sativa-dominant), I have especially vivid dreams.

The biggest downside is that it dings my working memory a little (doesn't really matter since I take a lot of notes whenever I'm doing anything). Also, when taking larger amounts, I'm more likely to commit errors in speech (spoonerisms).

Overall, cannabis allows me to relax, think through things a different way, put things in perspective and take on the world at a slightly slower pace (which is a Godsend to someone who has a restless, impulsive, distractable mind).

oversoul1919
#7 Posted : 5/24/2015 4:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For treating my depression and anxiety.

Depression: hmmm, well, OK...kinda.

Anxiety: No way! Cannabis makes my anxiety skyrocket!

doodlekid
#8 Posted : 5/25/2015 5:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

* Cannabis helps me to actually feel my feelings. Without I can get stuck by stuffing that away without noticing. I am sorta conditioned to supress emotions and NOT express them. With cannabis I at least get in touch with what's there.

* When I'm tired, I get restless and from that I can't stop doing stuff, which only leads to more tiredness and restlessness. So cannabis breaks this cycle, albeit it introduces some paranoia, but that was probably there in the first place.

* It helps with insomnia. Which probably results from the former issue.

* In combination with tabacco it helps to relieve compulsive mental loops of thoughts.

* It gives creative sparks and helps with the beginning phases of learning complex skills, like playing a piano, juggling or any other skill in this light.

* I can work on things without trying to push it.

There's a whole list I guess why it's good to use a little of it each day.

Vizva
#9 Posted : 5/25/2015 8:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis - A love story

I consider the time i was introduced to cannabis as one of the greatest blessings in my life. Without it , where would i be?.
If i would have to describe cannabis in three words , i would choose these : Unifying ,Healing and freedom.

Cannabis is a medicine that i will continue to use for myself and introduce to others when the timing is right. I am so thankful for the times it has helped me with relieving anxiety,sadness and worries. Cannabis will be here for us , does not matter if it is legal or not. Truth will find a way , love will find a way , cannabis will find a way.

Cannabis is beautiful
Cannabis is freedom
Cannabis is healing
Cannabis is oneness
Cannabis is relaxation
Cannabis is love
Cannabis is peace
Cannabis is medicine
Cannabis is earth
Cannabis is caring
Cannabis is teaching
Cannabis is kind
Cannabis is.
“Expand your mind”

Flower Witch
#10 Posted : 7/20/2015 8:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis surely helps me in more ways than I'll even be able to remember right now. This isn't really that much of an issue anymore, but when I was younger it was an absolute lifesaver for insomnia. It also helped a lot with racing thoughts, which have calmed down a lot since then, but it still helps me to see clearly with issues that I get myself pointlessly tangled up in while sober. Lately, the thing I've been most focused on is how it helps with my gastrointestinal pain that I've had on a near daily basis, but when I'm stoned I barely even notice most of the time unless I just eat something terrible for it, and that has actually seemed to slowly improve the condition by decreasing my stress about it as well. In the same vein, it has also greatly helped to restore my appetite which was reduced by nausea, and my sex drive which was reduced by pain. I'm sure I could go on with more, but I think you get the picture....

On a separate front, I also find cannabis to be an invaluable psychedelic ally for becoming more in touch with myself. I have had out-of-body experiences on it which ridded me of anxieties and insecurities I've held on to for my whole life on levels that other hallucinogens simply couldn't touch. I also find the recreational side of its psychedelic effects to be a great stress relief just like any other positive trip, it feels good just because of how incredible and perplexing it can be.

Cannabis is a remarkable substance.... It gets five thumbs up from me. Thumbs up

Gone-and-Back
#11 Posted : 7/20/2015 9:26:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis has helped me with pain management. I have Tourette's syndrome, not the verbal portion thank god. However, the medications they have for it do not work for me, and the only other legal meds to try are anti-psychotics. I refuse to take these for such a condition. Over the past couple years the muscle twitches have grown into an all around muscle tension at all times. Creates a lot of problems including pain and jaw clenching, which leads to migraines. When I smoke, and more so when I eat cannabis, these symptoms are alleviated and I can live in less pain.

Because of the Tourettes, it is also very hard to control my emotions and it's very hard to stop myself from lashing out at people. This is due to the fact that it is a mild form of autism. I have been able to work on this in the past few years, but cannabis will even out my mood and make the swings not as severe. It also enables me to be relaxed enough mentally to think about my reactions to things before actually reacting, which is a common problem for people with Tourettes.

It also helps ease my stomach discomfort and nausea related to my IBS whenever I may eat something that upsets it.

Not to mention it's great for relaxing after a long day at work.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.