We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Baby salvia clone.. Options

Cognitive Heart
#1 Posted : 5/21/2015 4:20:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

She is in rough shape as you can see but still quite alive with spirit. I've now placed her outside in a spacious and protected garden - full / part sun, within a humidity tent. I shall water and mist her occasionally. All of her leaves have fallen off due to damage.
Quote:
Growth of the pigment-free cells is stunted, causing leaf and stem deformations. - Daniel Siebert
So would this specimen be then classified as Appaloosa?

Please only give any sage, knowledgeable or helpful advice as a simple and hopeful message for her growth. Thank you. Smile
Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
IMG_0915.JPG (461kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
IMG_0914.JPG (583kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

doodlekid
#2 Posted : 5/21/2015 6:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I never place my salvia's in full sun either if it's only part of the day.

When in a humidity tent they aren't killed by that as easily without.

But now I live in a house with one side to the north the ones for those windows have been growing eversince and none died. Before that I had always mixed full sun/ indirect light and whereever in the room I would place the plants, when there was a space of time with full sun they would die off soon after they started to grow.

So mine would look like yours in the picture all the time, very pale with halfcrumbled leaves and short lifespan for a new branch had to planted.

Now they are darkgreen again and keep growing.

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 5/21/2015 7:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can see salvia drying up quite easily in full sun, no shade or no tent. With all plants, I try to keep them as natural to their own habitat as much as possible. So in salvias case, full sun, deep underneath big, shady trees in Oaxaca to keep her cool and moist. With misting often that should help keep her cool / moist to help prevent drying. It's a good start but we'll have to see if she can handle the dry sun these next few weeks. If no success prevails than I may have to move her inside close to a window and hopefully she can rest up enough in part sun to grow back outside in a pot under some shade. The window I am thinking of only receives about full sun for about 4-5 hours.

I'm curious though how often she needs fed? And of which particular mixture works well? Not to overfeed her but to give her a gentle push towards branching upwards and out.

Thanks for the response! Smile

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cosmic Spore
#4 Posted : 5/21/2015 8:50:58 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

I usually feed like this:

1. water it (when needed).
2. let dry until you can tell it needs a little water.
3. water again.
4. let dry until you can tell it needs a little water.
5. feed it.
6. repeat steps 1-5, when appropriate.

Someone else is doing this. I once did this.
Another propagation thread on STS.

Cognitive Heart
#5 Posted : 5/22/2015 3:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the detailed info! I'll look further into propagation methods. Much appreciated. Smile