We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Caapi tea help Options

makrosky
#1 Posted : 5/18/2015 7:56:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear users,

Hello to everybody! I am new to the forum. I’ve taken ayahuasca many times in the last 3-4 years. Not by myself but in a group setting with a Shaman (a Western one). Good experiences so far. I love the plant and it’s teachings. Life changing, that’s for sure. However I don’t have the energy/mood to do it again anytime soon. I would prefer to do it more gently since I have a very low mood right now. I thought about Caapi tea. I know this topic has been debated before but please help me because I don’t really get it. Some people talk about 5 grams. Other people talk about 50-100 grams. Others talk about the leafs. Others the vine. Others the extract. I’m a quite lost right now. I would like the antidepressant effects. Not anything very strong but enough strong to really notice it. I have experience tripping with ayahuasca so it doesn’t scare me although I’m always reverential and respectful to it’s power.

What I do have right now:
25 grs of fine shredded (not powdered) vine. I guess it’s the vine ? It’s light brown color and does look like a bark. It certainly doesn’t look like powdered leaf or something else.

How do I prepare a healing tea with this ? Please give me some advice. How many grams, how long to boil (lemon or not) and how often should I take it. I would love a simple method.

Many thanks in advance.

All the best,
Marcus

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#2 Posted : 5/18/2015 8:07:32 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

If I may, let me make a suggestion: Save the caapi for a special journey. It's becoming harder and harder to find. If you are looking for the anti-depressant qualities of caapi order a few kg of Syrian rue and extract the alkaloids. You can find teks in the wiki. Rue shop is a fantastic source but there are other places to get it as well. Persian markets have it on the shelves.

The reason for this is because it is dirt cheap and for longer term anti-depressant effects it is best to have harmala alkaloids in a measurable consistent dose. That is, you could measure out 50-100 mg and encapsulate them for daily dosing.

Just my opinion. I prefer to save true vine for special occasions.

Good luck! Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

makrosky
#3 Posted : 5/18/2015 8:35:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep it in mind. However, I would like a SIMPLE thing i.e a Tea with what I have at hand right now.

a1pha
#4 Posted : 5/18/2015 8:41:53 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

makrosky wrote:
However, I would like a SIMPLE thing i.e a Tea with what I have at hand right now.

Search the forum. This question has been answered countless times. Pleased

Code:
Google: "site:dmt-nexus.me caapi tea"
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

travsha
#5 Posted : 5/18/2015 8:50:22 PM

Share Love ~

It is really easy to find caapi. Many places sell it affordably, and it is legal to buy and sell. It is actually one of the most abundant plants in the Amazon because of how widely it has been planted.

Sounds like you want to try microdosing. Microdosing is awesome - very gentle but still profound lessons. There are a few different ways to microdose, but I think making tea is always better with the vine bark - which it sounds like is what you have. Leaves are good for changa.

The amount you have is really small. A regular size dose of Ayahuasca I think would have about 100-150 grams of dried vine. 50 grams is considered the minimum needed for DMT potentiation, so that would be the smaller end of a ceremonial dose. Microdose range is usually about 10-50 grams of dried caapi vine. I think the amount you have would maybe be 2 microdoses.... You might honestly want more, as microdosing is especially beneficial when you can spend some time with it.

You can brew the caapi into tea just like you would regular Ayahuasca and drink small amounts that way. This would be a lot of work for the tiny amount you have but would be more worth the effort if you had a larger amount. I also know a method that works well if you get the "finely shredded" or even "powdered" caapi vine - you basically make a milk type tea.

Here is a recipe which a friend shared with me:
This micro-dose recipe uses already shredded or powdered vine. For micro-dosing, anywhere from 15-30 grams of Ayahuasca is appropriate. In this method, you mix 15-30 grams of shredded Ayahuasca vine into your choice of milk (raw or at least organic milk, almond milk, hemp milk – any of these are good choices). You can use any variety of Ayahuasca, but the “yellow” vine seems to especially taste better and give a more positive experience in this particular recipe. You can also add honey and if you want a slight dusting of raw cocoa powder for taste. Mix this all together, either raw, or slightly heated, and drink! (say a prayer first) You can use water instead of milk if you like, but the milk and honey seem to make this taste decent, and some people report better digestion of the medicine when mixed with a little fat from the milk. Remember – this is a micro-dose, so the effects are much milder and more meditative when compared to regular Ayahuasca. (note: in this recipe, you don’t strain out the vine – you can if you want, or just drink it since it is already shredded/powdered).

This micro-dose method can be used to help introduce you to mother Aya, or as a way to invite her more deeply into your life similar to doing a dieta in some ways.

Far from a traditional way to drink, but my friend first started doing this about 10 years ago and really likes it.

makrosky
#6 Posted : 5/18/2015 9:25:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
makrosky wrote:
However, I would like a SIMPLE thing i.e a Tea with what I have at hand right now.

Code:

Alpha I've read it many times but I just don't understand it. See my answer below to travsha.

makrosky
#7 Posted : 5/18/2015 9:37:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:

Sounds like you want to try microdosing. Microdosing is awesome - very gentle but still profound lessons. There are a few different ways to microdose, but I think making tea is always better with the vine bark - which it sounds like is what you have. Leaves are good for changa.

Hey travsha! Thanks for your answer! Yes, let's make a tea.

travsha wrote:

The amount you have is really small. A regular size dose of Ayahuasca I think would have about 100-150 grams of dried vine. 50 grams is considered the minimum needed for DMT potentiation, so that would be the smaller end of a ceremonial dose. Microdose range is usually about 10-50 grams of dried caapi vine. I think the amount you have would maybe be 2 microdoses.... You might honestly want more, as microdosing is especially beneficial when you can spend some time with it.

Hmmm are you sure ? (Moderator Edit: No discussion of buying/selling dried plant materials. Please see The Attitude). 100 grams is 4 times the recommended dose from that reputated shop. Also I've found people in this forum advocating for 10 grams (microdosing). This is precisely why I'm asking because I see very big differences in numbers and I don't really understand it.

travsha wrote:

You can brew the caapi into tea just like you would regular Ayahuasca and drink small amounts that way.

And how is that ? Boiling it for 20 minutes won't do it ?

travsha
#8 Posted : 5/18/2015 10:17:19 PM

Share Love ~

25 grams of dried Ayahuasca wont make you a strong tea at all - that is perfect amount for microdosing though. Maybe they are talking about Syrian Rue instead of Ayahuasca/caapi? Or maybe that site doesnt know what they are talking about....

Boiling for 20 minutes will not make a good tea. Boiling for 20 hours would be better. Many people seem to do multiple washes though - so maybe 3 six hour washes to get out the necessary alkaloids.... Sounds like you could read up on brewing this a bit because it is helpful to understand if you want to make your own tea at home (even if you are just microdosing). Forums.Ayahuasca.com has some good brewing info for beginners.... I know a good book as well, but I think sharing it counts as advertising Razz

Not sure why a website would claim 25 grams of caapi is enough for Ayahuasca though - I think they must be talking about some other type of plant like Syrian Rue.... A regular dose of Ayahuasca usually contains 100-200 grams of dried vine....

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#9 Posted : 5/19/2015 2:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

makrosky wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Code:

Alpha I've read it many times but I just don't understand it. See my answer below to travsha.

A1pha is trying to show how to search within a particular website. The advantage of this is to filter out random search results. Not always necessary but very helpful.

In googles search bar type site: and enter a particular website you would like to search within, hit the space bar and type your search word. In this case we are looking for caapi tea and we want to search within the nexus, so it looks like
Code:
site:dmt-nexus.me caapi tea

universecannon
#10 Posted : 5/19/2015 3:40:19 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Questions are fine and dandy but to be honest this one really has been talked about dozens if not hundreds of times.

I can understand being new to this brings with it a level of uncertainty and desire to get a play by play walk through, but please spend just a few simple minutes of logical searching through the forum...If you go to the ayahuasca section, you'll see threads like this sticky'd at the top with literally everything you need. And a search finds countless more on microdosing/depression.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8972

Also, please remember folks that in regards to sourcing, only living plants/seeds are allowed now.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...or_live_plants_and_seeds

Haapi trails

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jees
#11 Posted : 5/19/2015 10:07:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
...For micro-dosing, anywhere from 15-30 grams of Ayahuasca is appropriate...
Agreed this works for the purpose, but in a pettifog mood I would call that rather mini-dosing, and reserve the micro-dosing for 1 to 10 gr vine tea-shot. Just a few grams of vine, every day, for a period of time, has worked for me. Must admit there was no problem to dodge, just tuning the day vibration and keeping online with the vine.
If you boil vine for mini or micro dosing, you don't have to reduce volume by much, or at all, makes the tea yummy before the tea gets down in volume passing the trigger point where it gets it's nasty taste. A full glass of tea, representing only few grams vine, add some oat milk and a stevia or agave sirup, perchance a pinch cocoa or guayusa, delicious Thumbs up

makrosky
#12 Posted : 5/19/2015 12:52:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys!

The thing is that I already know how to do the searches and I already read the posts regarding Caapi. I just found so many divergences in how to prepare it/which parts to use and specially in the ammounts used that, at the end, I was so puzzled I didn't know where to start from. I felt resurrecting old threads wasn't good for the forum either. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This wasn't lazinness it was just a desire to have a simple straight recipe that could work with what I have without having to make trial and error concoctions.

Jees, when do you take the tea ? Morning, night time ?

travsha
#13 Posted : 5/19/2015 4:29:55 PM

Share Love ~

Jees - I was also surprised how good Ayahuasca can taste sometimes.... Sometimes it is pretty gnarly, but when made right it is actually very unique and kinda tasty like a weird exotic candy drink....

Jees
#14 Posted : 5/20/2015 10:28:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wink travsha

makrosky wrote:
...Jees, when do you take the tea ? Morning, night time ?
A free choice. I suggest not to drink right after stuffing the stomach, preferably 15 mins before, I think it absorbs better like that.

Tip Thumbs up --> If you do not reduce volume or reduce just a bit (makes exotic candy drink for sure) then you can spread your daily dose over the whole day in a larger flask . For example a 1.5 liter bottle (50 oz) representing 5 to 25 gr vine at wish, your very own alternative "lemonade", flavored at wish. You can throttle up or down the intake at wish over the day scheme, and not feeling forced to empty it necessarily. How much daily dose: you can start higher and taper of as you get more sensitive. Judge your own.

Factor depending: mind that 20 - 30 gr at once can give some depth!
Keep eye on your personal sensitivity for potential maoi affection at these daily doses. Likely no real issue, but a minority is (very) sensitive. I'm not that type, yet during a micro dose period, 2 large strong coffees gave a nasty period resulting. Just telling.

Not my own experience so far, but some micro-dosers reported the use of light bearing leaf in their praxis, although maoi was not fold back strongly it seems to add extra positive value somehow.

PS: there are people working with homeopathic (low doses of) vine. The diversity exist.

makrosky
#15 Posted : 5/21/2015 4:03:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Jess.

One last question : For how long do you boil the vine ?

joedirt
#16 Posted : 5/21/2015 7:27:28 PM

Not I

I find caapi leaf tea...about the same quantity as you would use for green tea works wonderfully for a mid winter mood lift. One note is that if I have a green tea afterwards the stimulant effect is enhanced by probably 2X...This can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on if you expect it or not.

But seriously, caapi leaf tea for the win with regards to mood lifting teas that work for everyday life.

Peace.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Jees
#17 Posted : 5/21/2015 7:44:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

makrosky wrote:
...One last question : For how long do you boil the vine ?
My motivation ran out of answers for the moment, you'll have to search for it I'm afraid Wut?

skoobysnax
#18 Posted : 5/21/2015 9:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

makrosky wrote:
Thanks guys!

The thing is that I already know how to do the searches and I already read the posts regarding Caapi. I just found so many divergences in how to prepare it/which parts to use and specially in the ammounts used that, at the end, I was so puzzled I didn't know where to start from. I felt resurrecting old threads wasn't good for the forum either. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This wasn't lazinness it was just a desire to have a simple straight recipe that could work with what I have without having to make trial and error concoctions.

Jees, when do you take the tea ? Morning, night time ?

Since this is in the FAQ section I don't see why folks see the need to express annoyance. Thanks for the answers, I gleaned some info too.

Personally I would say do the tao of rue extraction found in the WIKI and go with 30mg sublingual harmala extract. For what you are seeking it sound like what I found to work for me. Follow that up with a nice cup of Blue Lotus or Calea Z tea. I have found this to be excellent to end the day and the antidepressent effects are quite notable for a couple days. Once or twice a week is my level if I need it but in my experience if I keep repeating it for days and days the effect is the opposite and my moods may swing too much. This may just be my personal make-up but that is all I have to go on. It seems to make my mouth feel nice and clean Thumbs up
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

starway6
#19 Posted : 5/22/2015 12:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
25 grams of dried Ayahuasca wont make you a strong tea at all - that is perfect amount for microdosing though. Maybe they are talking about Syrian Rue instead of Ayahuasca/caapi? Or maybe that site doesnt know what they are talking about....

Boiling for 20 minutes will not make a good tea. Boiling for 20 hours would be better. Many people seem to do multiple washes though - so maybe 3 six hour washes to get out the necessary alkaloids.... Sounds like you could read up on brewing this a bit because it is helpful to understand if you want to make your own tea at home (even if you are just microdosing). Forums.Ayahuasca.com has some good brewing info for beginners.... I know a good book as well, but I think sharing it counts as advertising Razz

Not sure why a website would claim 25 grams of caapi is enough for Ayahuasca though - I think they must be talking about some other type of plant like Syrian Rue.... A regular dose of Ayahuasca usually contains 100-200 grams of dried vine....

Just a question...
Can caapi..[leafe or vine].. be boiled filtered then boiled down to a paste then dryed into a storable powder for later use?

Would it maintain its potency in a dryed powder form apearing much like instant coffie?

makrosky
#20 Posted : 5/22/2015 11:36:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
makrosky wrote:
...One last question : For how long do you boil the vine ?
My motivation ran out of answers for the moment, you'll have to search for it I'm afraid Wut?

I understand. Thank you so much Jees. Rolling eyes

12NEXT