We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A weighty issue!!!! ;) Options

5 Dimensional Nick
#1 Posted : 5/17/2015 5:59:39 PM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

I have been thinking about gravity for a while now and just wondered what everyone's thoughts on it might be. If all mass exerts this force on all other mass the I somehow imagine many 1 dimensional strings attaching every atom in the universe to every other one. This is of course a vast number of strings but to my calculations not more than a googolplex.

Anyone else care to comment?
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cyb
#2 Posted : 5/17/2015 8:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

5 Dimensional Nick wrote:
Anyone else care to comment?

It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma...
Solve it and we may be entirely free.

The Moon has a lot to answer for!
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

null24
#3 Posted : 5/17/2015 9:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

cyb wrote:

Solve it and we may be entirely free.

All I know is that it gets me down.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 5/18/2015 4:03:35 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Can you eat gravitons? Or make a drug out of it? And without mass, is there any form? And do gravitons, gravity or strings exist, if you don't observe them? I postulate a neuronal correlate of gravity in the space monkey brain which is reflected by their culture and their machines.

Yours sincerely

Gravitino the Grave
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

5 Dimensional Nick
#5 Posted : 5/18/2015 6:22:23 AM

lolz and woooooaaahhhhh man Pleased Razz
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

hixidom
#6 Posted : 5/18/2015 6:59:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The more accepted view is not that massive objects exert gravitational forces on each other, but rather that massive objects warp spacetime which thus affects the trajectories of other objects (even massless ones!).
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

5 Dimensional Nick
#7 Posted : 5/31/2015 5:46:24 AM

But aren't most fundamental particles "massive", and therefore have to have connections to every point in spacetime?

Psybin
#8 Posted : 5/31/2015 6:28:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

But aren't most fundamental particles "massive", and therefore have to have connections to every point in spacetime?

Does a marble sitting on a taught bed sheet need to have connections to every point on the bed sheet to change its shape?

fluidfocus
#9 Posted : 5/31/2015 8:47:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if gravity can truly be thought of as a concept which is separate from space and time. Seems that energy manifesting as matter in space-time is inexplicably tied to gravity. The more matter the gravity. Perhaps 'defying gravity' means moving outside of space-time.

5 Dimensional Nick
#10 Posted : 5/31/2015 1:01:17 PM

Psybin wrote:

Does a marble sitting on a taught bed sheet need to have connections to every point on the bed sheet to change its shape?

good point. i stand corrected.

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 5/31/2015 2:35:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Some interesting articles:

* Tomography from Entanglement
Quote:
Gauge/gravity duality posits an exact equivalence between certain conformal field theories (CFT’s) with many degrees of freedom and higher dimensional theories with gravity. It is of obvious interest to understand how bulk spacetime geometry and gravitational dynamics emerge from a non-gravitating theory

* Locality of gravitational systems from entanglement of conformal field theories (can someone pull the complete article?)
Quote:
The Ryu-Takayanagi formula relates the entanglement entropy in a conformal field theory to the area of a minimal surface in its holographic dual. We show that this relation can be inverted for any state in the conformal field theory to compute the bulk stress-energy tensor near the boundary of the bulk spacetime, reconstructing the local data in the bulk from the entanglement on the boundary.

(The energy tensor calculations show how space-time should be curved, which in turn specifies the amount of gravity)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Pandora
#12 Posted : 6/1/2015 7:12:41 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Regardless of connectivity at Nemo and our ages it just sucks. Literally. Sucking our interesting parts downwards, Razz.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 6/1/2015 7:30:46 PM

"No, seriously"

Pandora wrote:
Regardless of connectivity at Nemo and our ages it just sucks. Literally. Sucking our interesting parts downwards, Razz.

Well, down is quite contextual.

I would rather call it that the earth and you are attracted to each other. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

MaNoMaNoM
#14 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like in space-ships with artificial gravity, they spin the ship causing a force so we can fall down.
On earth we constantly fall on a downward slope of space/time/gravity caused by earths mass.
(that is the reason water spins down the drain in opposite directions, in opposite hemispheres)
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

soulfood
#15 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:18:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think the closest we are to this is with our theoretical work on black holes where a mass implosion of sorts breaks down space and time completely thus breaking the rules of physics.

Now I'm pretty humble in this regard and have not the slightest patch on black hole theory as the heavy weights which champion the subject, but I'm pretty sure if there exists a component of space time you don't understand and thus declare it's breaking the rules, then the rules are wrong. I just think of how recent the electron is in terms of the history of science and we're still breaking down the components.

I always like to term the expression that you can't make a dog understand general relativity, so it's fully feasable that the most evolved of human minds could still be far too limited.

I can't ever get my head round a singularity or even the event horizon because I don't know what goes on through the other side. I used to be informed it was obliteration, but more recently it has been said that it only appears obliteration from one side of the hole and on the other, from the observation point of one travelling through the hole, time and space remain the same as it's the fabric of time and space that is being warped around the observer and thus includes the observer rather than acting against it. Obviously this model completely sidepasses the inhabitability of getting such an observer to such a point of witness. Anyway I think it's called the copy machine theory of something? Whereby just before a body enters a black hole a copy is made of that body, one is burnt up by the radiation and the other passes through... Now that I definately can't get my head round.

Damn we're some tiny-ass people Smile

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 6/1/2015 10:51:20 PM

"No, seriously"

MaNoMaNoM wrote:
(that is the reason water spins down the drain in opposite directions, in opposite hemispheres)

Unfortunately that is a myth, other effects like the slope of the bottom of the drain and the current of the water (by you plugging the drain and temperature differences) strongly overpower the Coriolis effect.

You need to nullify quite a few other effects before the Coriolis effect makes this happen.

Kind regards,

The Traveler