We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
The Art of Being Humbled Options

Metanoia
#41 Posted : 9/13/2015 2:23:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently had a very humbling experience but I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about the particular substance...as it's a relatively unknown one. It is of the dissociative class. I know some people on the Nexus kind of frown on them as well, which gives more reason for hesitation.

Still, it was very humbling. Incredibly rewarding. Seems to have produced a lasting shift in my perception/thinking about a particular area of my life. Which I guess is why I sort of feel compelled to share Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nexalizer
#42 Posted : 9/13/2015 6:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sky Motion wrote:

All I could say was what the fuck..over and over and over again.

know exactly what you mean....Shocked
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

nexalizer
#43 Posted : 9/13/2015 6:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I recently had a very humbling experience but I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about the particular substance...as it's a relatively unknown one. It is of the dissociative class. I know some people on the Nexus kind of frown on them as well, which gives more reason for hesitation.

Still, it was very humbling. Incredibly rewarding. Seems to have produced a lasting shift in my perception/thinking about a particular area of my life. Which I guess is why I sort of feel compelled to share Very happy

share!!Smile
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Metanoia
#44 Posted : 9/13/2015 7:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
share!!Smile

I just don't want to break the rules by discussing a substance that doesn't have an established safety profile...

Needless to say it is ranked pretty high up on the scale in terms of profundity for me. I spent eternity in an endless void of bliss and love. Only occasionally interrupted by fleeting images of cherished memories. It completely wiped any lingering negativity away and left me feeling like I just popped off an assembly line somewhere, all shiny and new. I have only experienced this magnitude of humbling on a handful of occasions, after many years spent working with powerful psychedelics.

I could do nothing but prostrate myself before the magnificence of the experience. This was a couple weeks ago and the changes seem lasting. I have become far more patient and understanding, empathy is off the friggin' scale, it's like I'm immersed in a current of pure love and I can't help but have it spill out constantly Laughing Love If you believe in the chakra stuff, this was a massive opening of the heart chakra.

I love all you Nexians, you beautiful people! Laughing

TGO
#45 Posted : 9/14/2015 8:37:06 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Metanoia wrote:
nexalizer wrote:
share!!Smile

I just don't want to break the rules by discussing a substance that doesn't have an established safety profile...

Needless to say it is ranked pretty high up on the scale in terms of profundity for me. I spent eternity in an endless void of bliss and love. Only occasionally interrupted by fleeting images of cherished memories. It completely wiped any lingering negativity away and left me feeling like I just popped off an assembly line somewhere, all shiny and new. I have only experienced this magnitude of humbling on a handful of occasions, after many years spent working with powerful psychedelics.

I could do nothing but prostrate myself before the magnificence of the experience. This was a couple weeks ago and the changes seem lasting. I have become far more patient and understanding, empathy is off the friggin' scale, it's like I'm immersed in a current of pure love and I can't help but have it spill out constantly Laughing Love If you believe in the chakra stuff, this was a massive opening of the heart chakra.

I love all you Nexians, you beautiful people! Laughing

Love

Well, whatever the substance was, I am glad it turned out so well for you! Sometimes that "reset button" gets pushed harder than other times, and it is good!

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Anamnesia
#46 Posted : 9/15/2015 7:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

In my latest experience (pharma style), I was shown that "I am always halfway between everything." What does that mean? I'm not entirely sure yet but I am spending some time integrating and figuring it out.

The shaman's model of the universe is of a system of levels.
Through this system of levels McKenna describes what are like vertical routes of passage,
through which the shaman in his intoxication can travel, like an elevator through hyperspace.
Physics tells us that the universe may be in the nature of a brane,
something like a piece of paper within a stack of infinite pages.

And on my own authority I decree our lives are like an

Immortal dream aware undead,

boredom beget diseased decree;

decayed beauty lies dead destroyed -

consumed en-joyed attached to-hold.

Transient soul appears confused,

Nothing produced mushin iris,

conscious virus besets the dream -

escape unseen persona mask.

Serene relapse empty diktat,

nameless inkblot survives unborn;

disguised be-torn in deep divide -
dream suicide tranquil comply.

Everything exists Between Us, I think,
simply because we are, in each of our points of view, always in the center of everything.
Each of us are in the middle.
in the middle of space, in the middle of eternity.
in the middle a raindrop meets the surface of a muddy puddle.

Because we are always in the middle, what sense is there then to delay or make haste,
if we know we are the current iteration of a game of hide and seek we've been playing forever and ever.

"The Aeon is a child at play with colored balls"

Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

tseuq
#47 Posted : 9/15/2015 8:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Offtopic:
Anamnesia wrote:

Because we are always in the middle, what sense is there then to delay or make haste,
if we know we are the current iteration of a game of hide and seek we've been playing forever and ever.

OM Big grin

The title of TGO thread reminds me on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n096yu0Y8mI

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

NotTwo
#48 Posted : 9/15/2015 8:23:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a double experience last night that took me beyond any that I'd had before, yes, I can say I am truly humbled by this substance, this treasure, this gratuitous gift that is provided for us.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I am overwhelmed by the beauty of what it offers.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

#49 Posted : 9/15/2015 9:26:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

NotTwo wrote:
After a double experience last night that took me beyond any that I'd had before, yes, I can say I am truly humbled by this substance, this treasure, this gratuitous gift that is provided for us.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I am overwhelmed by the beauty of what it offers.

Thumbs up

Anamnesia
#50 Posted : 9/15/2015 10:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
Offtopic:
[quote=Anamnesia]Each of us are in the middle.

Sad
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Metanoia
#51 Posted : 9/16/2015 12:26:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

Love

Well, whatever the substance was, I am glad it turned out so well for you! Sometimes that "reset button" gets pushed harder than other times, and it is good!

Smile

It got mashed in with such force it is beyond description Laughing Laughing I think I really needed that sort of experience at that moment, it all just fell nicely into place Smile

TGO
#52 Posted : 9/16/2015 4:11:04 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Anamnesia wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

In my latest experience (pharma style), I was shown that "I am always halfway between everything." What does that mean? I'm not entirely sure yet but I am spending some time integrating and figuring it out.

The shaman's model of the universe is of a system of levels.
Through this system of levels McKenna describes what are like vertical routes of passage,
through which the shaman in his intoxication can travel, like an elevator through hyperspace.
Physics tells us that the universe may be in the nature of a brane,
something like a piece of paper within a stack of infinite pages.

And on my own authority I decree our lives are like an

Immortal dream aware undead,

boredom beget diseased decree;

decayed beauty lies dead destroyed -

consumed en-joyed attached to-hold.

Transient soul appears confused,

Nothing produced mushin iris,

conscious virus besets the dream -

escape unseen persona mask.

Serene relapse empty diktat,

nameless inkblot survives unborn;

disguised be-torn in deep divide -
dream suicide tranquil comply.

Everything exists Between Us, I think,
simply because we are, in each of our points of view, always in the center of everything.

"The Aeon is a child at play with colored balls"

Definitely an interesting perspective, as always Anamnesia, thank you! I like the "Shaman Model of the Universe" ... It seems like I can definitely feel those different levels when administering DMT via Pharmahuasca vs smoking it. It is easier to navigate the/that space on pharma. I think I was halfway between levels/dimensions, like my elevator was broken and kept going up and down and all around instead of just upwards...then again a multidimensional travelling elevator would be able to theoretically move in any/all direction. Very happy

tseuq wrote:
OM Big grin

The title of TGO thread reminds me on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n096yu0Y8mI

tseuq

Smile I am indeed only Halfway to Everywhere...or so it seemed. Very happy Enjoyed the song, never heard it before! Thank you!

NotTwo wrote:

Yes. It is a blessing to be able to work with such a wonderful molecule. It is astoundingly remarkable. Thank you for your thoughts!

Smile

Metanoia wrote:
It got mashed in with such force it is beyond description Laughing Laughing I think I really needed that sort of experience at that moment, it all just fell nicely into place Smile

That is truly what it is all about. When everything aligns perfectly and you know everything is alright. Good stuff!

TGO
#53 Posted : 9/18/2015 1:43:29 AM

Welcoming committee

So my everyday life exposes me to a lot of people throughout the day and what I've realized is that a lot of them go throughout their day being the exact opposite of humble: Arrogant.

The way some people act astounds me. They have that air of superiority about them and are quick to try and rub it in your face. It is with these people that I wish would find a way to be humbled...to look at themselves and realize that they really are no greater than you or me. I am human and you are human. You have no greater right to live than I do but many people are quite blind to this, and some of them willfully so.

We all have our special skills and things we are good at, obviously. And some of these things take us further in life than others but life is way too short to be disrespecting your fellow man for absolutely no reason. You can/could be the greatest human in all existence, but if you don't have a shred of decency or a grasp of what being humble truly means than why are you here?

Yes, it is an idealistic world where everyone gets along but that really isn't the point I'm making. I just had the thought today, "Man, they must have never gone through a humbling experience, otherwise they would never act in such a manner..." Either that or they just don't know any better...but I don't believe that for a second.

These types of "un-humbled" folks truly amaze me. They don't see all life as being precious. They don't realize that they could die in an accident on their way home today....Anyway this is turning into a rant...

This thought basically stemmed from an altercation I saw at Wal-MArt. These 3 African American girls were apparently unhappy with a purchase they made and were screaming over each other at the customer service representative, who was acting very calm. They were belittling her and saying things about how it was surprising that she could even get a job here and yada yada yada....lots of incoherent screaming and stomping and throwing of small objects on the counter...

I said, "Wow, are you serious right now?" But they apparently didn't hear me or just ignored it. Eventually, the police showed up so I left at that point. I didn't really care what happened to them at that point but kudos to the clerk who didn't lose her head.

Maybe a humbling experience wouldn't be enough for people like that.

Razz

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I felt this was necessary to share here! Smile

PREV123