We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Problems with Nexus script? Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 9/5/2009 12:33:09 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

it seems for me and few other that the nexus cannot read quotations and other stuff like smiles so its all text.

anyone else have it?
I have the problem in firefox ubuntu and firefox XP.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/5/2009 1:04:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I have same problem with ubuntu and firefox

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 9/5/2009 1:11:27 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Infundibulum wrote:
it seems for me and few other that the nexus cannot read quotations and other stuff like smiles so its all text.

anyone else have it?
I have the problem in firefox ubuntu and firefox XP.

There was a problem with the nexus indeed, it seems one of the worker threads killed itself so no markup was parsed. It should work again now.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 9/5/2009 8:38:48 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

on my firefox - it takes me forever to log in, the functionalty of the button dissapears after i get an error - aegle has this on her pc too.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

corridors of my cells
#5 Posted : 9/7/2009 7:55:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes i was going to report the same... cant read the quotes sometimes and when that happens the smileys are also gone... i also get 404 or 503 errors while trying to open the website. I dont know if its because of the server forum located on but it can become frustrating sumtimes Razz also theres a bug i noticed when you are searching some part of forum and pass to the 3rd page for example to see the threads there and then select "show topics" for example two days ago it shows nothin.. so you have to select a time period when you are on the first page of topics. It would be nice if it was redirecting to first page of the list before doing the time check Smile

WSaged
#6 Posted : 9/7/2009 4:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the past week I've had the Quotes not work correctly as well.

Also, I noticed that when I click the post number, so it will be reflected when I make a link to that post from the "http://" line, the link no longer takes you to the exact post I linked to, only the top of the page it's on.

Here is an example, this link should take you to post #15 in a thread about Virola resin. But it only takes you to the top of the page now.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 9/9/2009 10:45:39 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

loads of members have problems logging in.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 9/9/2009 10:48:29 AM

"No, seriously"

warrensaged wrote:
Also, I noticed that when I click the post number, so it will be reflected when I make a link to that post from the "http://" line, the link no longer takes you to the exact post I linked to, only the top of the page it's on.

Here is an example, this link should take you to post #15 in a thread about Virola resin. But it only takes you to the top of the page now.

Thats one I have to fix. It's a result of splitting some links to Anoniem.org, this will prolly be fixed tonight.

Phlux- wrote:
loads of members have problems logging in.

Thats strange. Again I tested with FF 3.5 and logging in/out is no problem at all.

Can you please provide which users and what OS/Browser they use?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Aegle
#9 Posted : 9/9/2009 2:29:23 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

The Traveler

I have noticed that if i delete a post and than i post a post just after that deleted post that my details do not appear on the far left hand side other than my name Aegle. Its not a big thing just was wondering if it could be fixed. One other enquiry is if i delete a post cant there be an option to permanently delete that post so it no longer is present as post was deleted by user in the thread. Thank you.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 9/9/2009 3:20:38 PM

"No, seriously"

Aegle wrote:
The Traveler

I have noticed that if i delete a post and than i post a post just after that deleted post that my details do not appear on the far left hand side other than my name Aegle. Its not a big thing just was wondering if it could be fixed. One other enquiry is if i delete a post cant there be an option to permanently delete that post so it no longer is present as post was deleted by user in the thread. Thank you.

Much Peace

The deleted message stub will only show to administrators, moderators, and the owner of the deleted message.

I have to look into your other issue.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 9/9/2009 3:21:06 PM

"No, seriously"

warrensaged wrote:

This has been fixed now.

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 9/9/2009 3:32:51 PM

"No, seriously"

After researching all the settings on the webserver I found out that the maximum queue length was set to 1000. When the queue is full new requests will receive a 503 "Service Unavailable" response.

Due to the rapid growth of the DMT-Nexus it seems we are hitting that spot more and more. I've set the queue length to the maximum of 65536 now. Until the new server arrives that will give us some spare room. Pleased

corridors of my cells
#13 Posted : 9/9/2009 3:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
After researching all the settings on the webserver I found out that the maximum queue length was set to 1000. When the queue is full new requests will receive a 503 "Service Unavailable" response.

Due to the rapid growth of the DMT-Nexus it seems we are hitting that spot more and more. I've set the queue length to the maximum of 65536 now. Until the new server arrives that will give us some spare room. Pleased

Nice work thanks Smile ehehe

Aegle
#14 Posted : 9/9/2009 4:21:18 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

The Traveler wrote:

The deleted message stub will only show to administrators, moderators, and the owner of the deleted message.

I have to look into your other issue.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Why thank you Traveler. Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

gammagore
#15 Posted : 9/28/2009 6:02:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been recently noticing that when looking into the active threads, that the last poster is actualy not the last poster.

So is this what happens when you delete your post? Or is it just a glitch in the system?

jamie
#16 Posted : 9/28/2009 7:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^^yes I have realized this as well..I was wondering what was going on..and checked the times of the last poster listed in active threads and the actual time of the last post in the thread, and the times match up..so I dont think posts are missing, just the name of the posters are being mixed up.
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#17 Posted : 9/28/2009 8:15:17 PM

for some reason the nexus background is white on my computer....?

cellux
#18 Posted : 9/29/2009 11:00:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I'm searching for someone's older posts, I don't get everything, just some of them (the last N where the number N is a function of ?).

Is this the intended behaviour so that nobody can be "spied" upon or something?

I would be really interested in what Antrocles had posted since his beginning day for example.

Aegle
#19 Posted : 9/29/2009 11:47:00 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Something really strange happened I edited my location just the other day and today it reverted back to my previous location. Very strange indeed???

Much Peace

BoKuDen
#20 Posted : 10/1/2009 5:22:03 AM

-

gammagore wrote:
Ive been recently noticing that when looking into the active threads, that the last poster is actualy not the last poster.

I posted here in this thread last, Fave Online Docu's

And under Active Discussions this is what shows:
[Fave Online Docu's by 'Coatl (Hyperspace Tavern) Today at 5:23:25 PM]
"The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand."
I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
Our Great War's a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.

12NEXT