We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue extract shelf life? Options

Binary Drool
#1 Posted : 4/22/2015 6:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a couple grams of rue I extracted just over a year ago stored away in a plastic baggie and sealed in a jar. It's been in the dark mostly.

Should I be better safe than sorry and chuck these and preform another extraction?

I had a few unsuccessful pharma experiences last year and am ready to dive back in and want to perfect my dose. Will the age of this extract effect dosing?
We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 4/22/2015 10:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only a year or so? It should be fine. I didn't notice much (if any) difference in potency with a batch of harmalas I extracted almost two years ago.

anonenium
#3 Posted : 4/23/2015 4:15:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

most bacteria and fungi will not and cannot grow on this stuff.

maybe it could rot or degrade but i dont know how, so long as its kept in a dark airtight cold (freezer better) place i would expect it to survive for many many years.

yes rextracting would clean it again, but thats mostly because the acid and base would sterilize it, beyond that its still going to be the same stuff you had before.

1 year you dont have to worry about at all.

Binary Drool
#4 Posted : 4/24/2015 5:53:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suppose what Im interested in is if there has been a large change in potency do to the lapse in time effecting dosage.
We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/24/2015 8:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had rue extracts standing at room temperature in drawer for 5 years with no noticeable change.

tregar
#6 Posted : 4/24/2015 2:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Same as endlessness, for several year period in sealed container room temp.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.