We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Stop using 'spice' as a term Options

1ce
#21 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:51:23 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

Don't spicin' tell me what to do!

Also, did you say.. law enforcement doesn't equate 'spice' to dmt? That's already +1

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ufostrahlen
#22 Posted : 4/18/2015 2:55:02 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

DmnStr8 wrote:
I often hear it called 'dimitri' or 'deemster' which is just dumb. Do you have any alternative street names for our beloved spice?

How about D-meth? Cool The D stands for double hallucinations. Pleased
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Akasha224
#23 Posted : 4/18/2015 3:07:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:
I often hear it called 'dimitri' or 'deemster' which is just dumb. Do you have any alternative street names for our beloved spice?

How about D-meth? Cool The D stands for double hallucinations. Pleased

Never heard D-Meth or Dimitri (in real life). The one person I knew IRL who was into DMT referred to it as "deemsters," and looked vaguely like this:

Sometimes looks aren't deceiving Thumbs down
Akasha224 attached the following image(s):
has-access-to-world-s-most-powerful-psychedelic-refers-to-it-as-deamsters-a74abd.jpg (66kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

third-eye-open
#24 Posted : 4/18/2015 3:59:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Synthetic cannabis will come and go, but the true spice will flow forever.

I am yet to meet an individual who refers to it as deamsters, and shows the spice the respect it deserves.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

hyperweb
#25 Posted : 4/18/2015 4:57:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Don't spicin' tell me what to do!

Also, did you say.. law enforcement doesn't equate 'spice' to dmt? That's already +1

Sorry. I'm not trying to dictate the flow of thought.

What I'm suggesting is that with the confusion on the streets concerning the street slang of 'spice' could create unwanted associations and draw unjust attention to what we here are all about.

The way the world works, someone will be saying that street spice is dmt. Then what?

I feel like this is a legitimate concern Smile

The term spice to most people I've encountered means over the counter Damiana laced with synthetic cannabinoids.

In the end I don't want nexians to get a bad rap as this culture continues to grow.
I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the chemistry and effects of various substances is just a fun thing I like to do.

Ufostrahlen
#26 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:14:14 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

hyperweb wrote:
The term spice to most people I've encountered means over the counter Damiana laced with synthetic cannabinoids.

What's the big difference between lacing your Damiana with AM-2201 or DMT? I mean, if you don't know what you're doing, both outcomes are pretty disastrous. And yes, the Nexus is against selling Changa and pro keeping a low profile.

Quote:

Another idea would be 'hippie meth' since you can vape both 'meths' in a meth pipe. Razz
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Spaced Out 2
#27 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing that pic is hilariousLaughing

LysergicBliss
#28 Posted : 4/29/2015 12:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest I've never much cared for the term "spice" even in reference to DMT. Maybe there is a history or meaning behind the term that I'm just not aware of, but to me it always just sounded like another street name for DMT. What makes it different from other slang names like "dimetri" or "deemster"? I'm interested to know what you guys think.

I think this thread illustrates the general problem with using slang terms, even ones that are de facto accepted in certain communities, and how they can cause unnecessary confusion and ambiguity when used outside the context of those specific social groups. Are we building a language barrier instead of tearing it down? I don't know.

It seems like a lot of the issues posted in this thread could be solved by using the proper terms for things. I call my DMT "DMT". Razz

I hope I haven't offended all you "spice" lovers out there Razz , I just thought I would share my thoughts on the matter. Call it whatever you'd like and be happy.

universecannon
#29 Posted : 4/29/2015 12:47:34 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

LysergicBliss wrote:
To be honest I've never much cared for the term "spice" even in reference to DMT. Maybe there is a history or meaning behind the term that I'm just not aware of, but to me it always just sounded like another street name for DMT. What makes it different from other slang names like "dimetri" or "deemster"?

One word...

DUNE

If you folks read the 6 book series you'll understand why we called it spice. Smile

But as jamie said the author Frank Herbert really meant it to be about mushrooms, which makes complete sense in light of my last experience. It was a heavy glimpse at the states of mind that really gets fleshed out in the novels. But they are after all very very similar to DMT.

I've only used the term here to be honest, since hardly anyone knows what DMT is to begin with, and it just confuses people. The term really isn't used much even on the nexus anymore...probably because of the synthetic cannabinoids about. But I don't think we need to have an intervention and collectively decide not to use it.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Doc Buxin
#30 Posted : 4/29/2015 1:10:28 AM

Pay No Mind

universecannon wrote:

One word...

DUNE

Do you wrestle with dreams?
Do you contend with shadows?
Do you move in a kind of sleep?
Time has slipped away.
Your life is stolen.
You tarried with trifles.
Victim of your folly.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

LysergicBliss
#31 Posted : 4/29/2015 1:18:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

One word...

DUNE

Ah, thanks universecannon! I figured there was some history to how the term spice became adopted, but never knew what it was.

I agree that it isn't necessary to stop using the term altogether, especially here where it is clear what is meant.

Cognitive Heart
#32 Posted : 4/29/2015 2:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
One word...DUNE If you folks read the 6 book series you'll understand why we called it spice. Smile

This I was unaware of and sounds rather interesting.. perhaps missed it. Anyhow, we shall proceed with the literature. Cool
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

anrchy
#33 Posted : 4/29/2015 3:56:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The spice must flow!!!
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

universecannon
#34 Posted : 4/29/2015 4:34:09 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Big grin
universecannon attached the following image(s):
spice.png (352kb) downloaded 99 time(s).

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

a1pha
#35 Posted : 4/29/2015 4:57:13 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Cognitive Heart wrote:
universecannon wrote:
One word...DUNE If you folks read the 6 book series you'll understand why we called it spice. Smile

This I was unaware of and sounds rather interesting.. perhaps missed it. Anyhow, we shall proceed with the literature. Cool

Kids these days. No knowledge of the classics!

(The 1984 movie isn't too bad either.)
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

anrchy
#36 Posted : 4/29/2015 5:22:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually liked all the movies and miniseries.

And that meme is hilarious.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Jees
#37 Posted : 4/29/2015 8:34:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not simply [2-(1H-Indol-3-yl)-ethyl]-dimethyl-;amine ?

obliguhl
#38 Posted : 4/29/2015 9:42:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I am just thinking maybe nexians should stop using the word 'spice' as law enforcers and street kids do not equate that term to DMT/Ayahuasca.

I think it's a good point.
There are probably way more people associating spice with the synthetic cannaboid. Those who are starting with DMT now are using other slang words such as "deems" or "deamster". Who uses "Spice" for dmt on this forum still anyways?

While this is unfortunate, times are changing and maybe its best to not cling too much to the past for mere ego reasons if it aids harm prevention.

krimols
#39 Posted : 4/29/2015 9:54:47 AM

What, me worry?

Personally, I like the term 'spice'.

I've used the formal 'DMT' to describe it before and, for some reason, people immediately associate it with something negative. Perhaps people are not too comfortable with formal acronyms? Shocked I mean, the same could be said for weed, right? It sounds weird to say "Man, I smoked some amazing THC this weekend!" It just sounds odd.

Spice just happens to be the accepted casual term for it and I think it's cool Smile

EDIT: To add, I think the Spice Girls were on to something when they said "Spice up your life" Big grin

steppa
#40 Posted : 4/29/2015 2:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!
Till today I always called it DMT. I think from now I'll go with hippe-meth. Thanks Ufostrahlen. Very happy
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

PREV123NEXT