We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Bad trip of a lifetime Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 4/17/2015 11:22:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I had the worse experience of my life. I'm just glad I'm alive !

A good friend of mine, let's call him E., had just been gifted by A. some capsules with a cannabis extract to take orally. Each capsule was supposed to be a dose. A. asked if I wanted some, I thought yeah why not, he gave me some too.

I completely forgot about this, and fastforward to yesterday, I was cleaning out my TLC testing equipment and testing vials, and I came across that pill. It had been some days since I had any cannabis, so I thought yeah why not.

One or two hours later I start feeling some effects, at first ok, but they started increasing and increasing and increasing. I wouldnt stop coming up, so I started to worry... Was that really cannabis? How could I be so stupid to take it before testing, even though I have the TLC equipment myself? Sure A. is supposedly trustable, but who knows, it's not me, he might have made a mislabelling mistake and gave me something else...

At this point I'm already completely losing focus with my eyes, double or tripple vision, I feel like im spinning and spinning and falling into a void. I feel affraid that I took something poisonous and am going to die. I debate with myself whether im just having a panic attack and I have nothing to worry about, but I dont stop getting higher and higher. And then I started vomiting, which I had never had from cannabis neither really seen anybody vomit, which made me even more worried. It is really a horrible feeling to be vomiting specially if you don't know exactly why...

Mind you, I have a year or two ago taken a whole cheeba chew which is supposedly 70mg THC, and had a very strong experience but I knew what it was and was ok, was able to just enjoy the effects. This time though, it was waaay stronger than that. I was thinking, oh my god what are the chances this is so much more than 70mg thc? Is that likely, or is it more likely I'm poisoned by something else? I kept trying to 'understand' the experience, to try to compare with previous cannabis experiences to see if indeed it was THC or if it was something else, and I would alternate between thinking it's THC, and thinking 'it's not possible, it's just too much'.

I seriously considered I might die, started thinking of all the people I love, of what a stupid way of dying it would be to be in a puddle of vomit with all this TLC equipment and samples just next to me, people wondering what the hell happened. I was constantly going back to thinking it might just be a panic from very high dose but the fact that I was doubtful of the quality of the product made it much more complicated.. If I knew for sure it was just THC I would just accept the experience, even though overwhelming, because I knew I would be physically safe, but since that wasn't assured, it made everything much worse.

So I was able to enter the nexus and talk to Snozz to have a contact with the external world and explain what was happening, gave him my contact in case something happened, and was really asking whether I should clear cookies, disconnect the nexus, in case something happened that the nexus wouldnt be implicated in any way. Snozz was a great help <3<3<3 . He was very reassuring and tried to think together with me what I could do, that I should talk to my friend, etc.

Eventually I am able to call E. and ask him if he was sure that was really cannabis. He tells me yes, that one other woman took and had an overwhelming experience but she is fine, that apparently they found it was a 220mg extract, that's way too much specially for someone having just had a break so having a low tolerance.

After he told me I felt calmer, but still wondered how that was possible that I was vomiting repeatedly, this really caught me off my guard in terms of expected effects of even higher dosages.

E. got a taxi, came to my house, brought fruits, water, made some tea. He even helped me clean my vomit when I could barely move. I'm so damn thankful for this friend, I have no idea how I could repay that <3<3.

I felt embarassed (still do! ), but I feel like I have to tell this anyways, since it was such a strong experience and with a clear 'moral of the story'.

I thought that if I died this way it would be biggest failure ever, specially talking so much about testing one's stuff and then not following my words and trusting someone else with their extracts. I know we all trust people to one extent or another but still, this just reinforces even more for me the idea of only taking my own stuff, I don't care how trustable this someone else is. It's funny because for the last 5 years I have not taken a single substance that I didn't extract myself and/or analyse it before taking, but that one single slip up could have costed my life. I'm glad it didn't and it was just a big lesson, to not even once do different than my words or ideals. Something to take with me for my whole life now.

Thank you Snozz, E., and thank you all for being here, hopefully someone else can learn from this experience. Sorry for the mess of a trip report and sorry if I dissapoint anyone with this story, but I really think it should be put out there. Be safe y'all <3

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 4/17/2015 11:45:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

That is a very very hefty dose and I'm pleased you survived!

I can almost imagine some of your thought processes which were self-disparaging whilst in the maelstrom of it all but don't be too hard on yourself.

Most here know the wisdom of knowing ones substances (including dosages) but I doubt there are many here who have never inadvertently overshot the mark for whatever reason. A venture like you describe will reinforce 'correct conduct' for quite some time.

I found very high doses of THC do not produce a linear ramping up in effect; theres definitely an exponential aspect to it. And nausea at these doses is not unusual IME.

Next step, undoubtedly, will be some pretty deep integration.......

Be well Sir, and I don't think many here will be disappointed in you. Your merits greatly exceed any slip-ups you might make from time to time. Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 4/17/2015 1:08:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Woah! Never tried an extract like that before but i have had some homemade cannabutter flapjacks kick my butt before where i just wanted it to end, i find it strange as if you smoke too much sleep is very easy, yet if you eat too much then it can feel impossible to sleep.

Glad you made it through the other end, end Smile

Felnik
#4 Posted : 4/17/2015 1:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's terrible im sorry you went through that . Edibles are just way to strong in general . It was the only time I actually thought I might die myself many years back . Glad you survived its a horrible feeling .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

steppa
#5 Posted : 4/17/2015 1:19:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. People should be careful when it comes to oral cannabis.

A friend of mine had an experience that sounded very close to this, with capsules I made. She took two instead of one. She also puked and was floored for 36 hours.

Quote:
that apparently they found it was a 220mg extract

What does this mean? That there were 220mg extract in there, or that the extract in there had 220mg THC?

Quote:
I'm so damn thankful for this friend, I have no idea how I could repay that <3<3.

Give him some cannabis capsules. Twisted Evil
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Psybin
#6 Posted : 4/17/2015 2:13:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Wow. People should be careful when it comes to oral cannabis.

A friend of mine had an experience that sounded very close to this, with capsules I made. She took two instead of one. She also puked and was floored for 36 hours.

Quote:
that apparently they found it was a 220mg extract

What does this mean? That there were 220mg extract in there, or that the extract in there had 220mg THC?

Quote:
I'm so damn thankful for this friend, I have no idea how I could repay that <3<3.

Give him some cannabis capsules. Twisted Evil

I'd imagine he means partial spectrum (THC ~ >70% relative to other cannabinoids) since he said he didn't perform TLC on it. In my experience, concentrates outside of CO are pure THC absolutely 0% of the time, and since end is in South America (correct me if I'm wrong), the extract is almost certainly just that - an extract.

Even in legal states in the US it's always some combination of terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids. Except maybe Gorilla Glue Thumbs up

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 4/17/2015 3:48:54 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Love end, I love you man Love

When I looked over at the chat, saw I had missed 9 messages from you and read them, I immediately dropped everything that was going on (namely wrapping up work) in the hopes that you were still around. I'm so glad I was able to be there, I have had some fairly jarring experiences with cannabis (my favorite in hindsight, was when I decided a new acquaintance was a cop and refused to leave his car for fear of interacting with the person in question...emphasis on favorite in hindsight).

Apparently the whole nausea/dizziness phenomenon has been striking with more regularity among members of the dabbing community. Thankfully that's all this was and E was able to provide such fantastic real world support. Take a day off, enjoy your garden, tell your lady how much you love her.

You made it through to the other side. Thumbs up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

#8 Posted : 4/17/2015 4:00:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Im glad your ok man. As was said above, I've never had an experience of that magnitude and I definitely couldn't imagine what you went through but Im glad you made it through without a scratch. Smile

The 'not knowing' aspect, all the while having that experience just roll over you like a tsunami, heh.. that would test me to the fullest, especially being that the experience of THC, mentally speaking, is so overwhelming in it's own right.

<3

#9 Posted : 4/17/2015 5:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some things can just be understood by experience. after integration, bad trips are one of the most powerful gifts one can receive because it deepens the understanding for people in shitty situations. i have been in the same place, this nagging paranoia that one overdid it for the last time really sucks.

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#10 Posted : 4/17/2015 5:30:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

I felt embarassed (still do! ), but I feel like I have to tell this anyways, since it was such a strong experience and with a clear 'moral of the story'.

....for the last 5 years I have not taken a single substance that I didn't extract myself and/or analyse it before taking, but that one single slip up could have costed my life. I'm glad it didn't and it was just a big lesson, to not even once do different than my words or ideals. Something to take with me for my whole life now.

Endless I'm glad your friend came over to help you and it's nice to hear that everything turned out ok.

There is a thread that mentions the dangers of edibles.

Edibles, the good and bad

I personally enjoy cannabis smoked or oral, but I have been witness to the dangers of mis-use or in this case an unknown amount ingested.

I feel motivated to educate folks about this. I suppose I want to protect the plant from bad publicity and inform the people that benefit from using this substance.

Perhaps the thread above should go into the cannabis sub-thread so folks can locate.

Also, it would it be possible to provide the nexus members with a plan of action on how to handle or calm the situation? I've heard drinking orange juice will curb the high.

nemesauce
#11 Posted : 4/17/2015 5:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Yesterday I had the worse experience of my life. I'm just glad I'm alive !
Thank you Snozz, E., and thank you all for being here, hopefully someone else can learn from this experience. Sorry for the mess of a trip report and sorry if I dissapoint anyone with this story, but I really think it should be put out there. Be safe y'all <3

I think that bringing this up is very responsible endlessness, IMO you are not just a mod here, but also a guide.
This serves as very very good advice on many levels, not only that oral THC is actually very unpredictable (variables such as strain potency, dose, tolerance...) But it also shows that the best of us slip up from time to time, I'm glad you are OK my fellow human!

My sis made me some cookies for Christmas, she said two was enough to floor her, so I ate 10 without even batting an eyelash, everything was fine, I enjoyed myself immensely... But the point is that even though she's my sis, I still don't how she made them, and how strong the herb she used... Everyone should take this thread as sound advice.

didnof
#12 Posted : 4/17/2015 8:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a trip from hell you had there, a bad trip is grim at the best of times, but when the element of unknown is thrown in there things tend to take a sinister turn - so great news you came out of it alive and kicking.

And the old saying of what doesn't kill us makes us stronger holds true I guess Smile

Nathanial.Dread
#13 Posted : 4/17/2015 8:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear you made it through okay. 220mgs is a truly epic dose of THC Shocked

Do you feel like you learned anything? I normally don't think of cannabis as entheogenic, but at that high a dose, maybe you might find something.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

No Knowing
#14 Posted : 4/17/2015 8:54:46 PM

fool adept

Yea cannabis edibles can torture even the hardiest of high flying psychonauts. Awesome that you were able to make it through this endlessness!

I remember asking Antrocles about how he works with cannabis ritually and everything and when I mentioned edibles, he related a story where a friend gave him a rather large cookie without telling him the dosage and did not go to stop him when he ate the whole thing. He then proceeded to have a hellish 10+ hour trip because the one cookie contained 7+ grams of high quality cannabis. When he asked his friends why they let him eat the whole cookie, he said his friends said something like, "We thought you were a shaman and could handle anything."

Moral of the story, even someone who has gone as deep as Antrocles or endlessness can get tortured by an edible cannabis OD.

Know your dosages, its essential.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 4/17/2015 9:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback everybody, it's really appreciated Smile

While I try my best, I certainly make mistakes too and this was one I will most definitely learn from!

The first obvious lesson for me is to always test stuff, no matter if it comes from a trustable friend. Even if one really thinks it's the right stuff, it is definitely not worth the fear and minset created by fearing a possible mislabelling.

Second lesson is that oral cannabis can be as strong and overwhelming as psychedelics (but much more unpleasant, possibly due to my fear for physical safety ?). It was incredibly hard to focus, I had visuals, I was going into a void, and a lot of nausea. Had I known for sure it was THC, I probably would have gone into it and just accept what was happening, but the feeling of possibly being on the verge of death due to a silly mistake just took any possibility of fun out of the experience.

As for the dosage, as it turns out it was 220mg of the extract weight, it won't be 100% but I suspect at least 60% THC. Either way, whatever the number is, it was way more than necessary. I gotta definitely talk to this person to be very careful giving these things around, someone else might have ended up in a much worse situation.

And for those mentioning this is an example of how oral cannabis needs special care, you are most definitely right. It's definitely important people realize this can be a completely different beast. I've used cannabis for 15 years now and for most of that time daily, so I'm no stranger to it. But high oral doses and specially low tolerance can be very overwhelming. Even when vaporizing constantly high quality hash for hours on end, I never got anywhere near this state... and mix this with fear of the product itself being good, its a bad mix.

Thank you all again for the good words and support <3

hardboiled
#16 Posted : 4/17/2015 9:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man.Shocked
Goes to show it can happen to anyone.
I had a terror episode with cannabis several years back that lasted almost 5 hours going by word of my cousin and friends that where taking care of me while i had no clue what was going on or where i was.Thumbs down Sad

Buddy i am so glad you are well and still with us!Love

Peace and Love
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

Doc Buxin
#17 Posted : 4/17/2015 11:27:34 PM

Pay No Mind

What you reported, endlessness, is exactly why I no longer partake in any kind of Cannabis edibles & haven't for over 25 years.

Glad you made it through that harrowing experience!!

Peace.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

MaNoMaNoM
#18 Posted : 4/18/2015 1:12:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing. Glad you are good. That sounds harsh man! Reminds me of this on youtube.
a woman injected with THC has bad anxiety, other cannabinoids caused euphoria.
Also, that seems very irresponsible of whoever made that pill!
IMO a single pill shouldn't contain a heavy dose.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Adjhart
#19 Posted : 4/18/2015 5:24:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, great report End! Thanks for sharing! Thumbs up

If it's any consolation I have thrown up from smoking too much mj twice in my life, both many years ago when I was a teenager. I recall them vividly: my first bongapalooza experience, and my first bluntapalooza experience. both times I was vomiting and tripping very much like you described.

Hasn't happened since then. But with all the edibles around lately it's good to know how much is too much. I feel almost awkward now that I just ate a thc lollipop from a friend without knowing how much was in it. I actually prepared for it to floor me for 12 hours but I was really disappointed, I could barely feel anything...5-10mg perhaps.

But yea it happens Surprised

Purges
#20 Posted : 4/18/2015 9:03:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Edible cannabis ain't no joke! I have done similar to myself bbefore. Chucked somewhere around 7-10g of pre vaped bud (I tend to stop before it turns brown) the in some milk with butter one time. Drank the lot and proceeded to have a very tactile hallucinatory experience.

Another time I made some cakes with a fairly standard amount of ganja, but then chucked some hash infused olive oil into the icing mix. I was already a little stoned, and the cakes were tasty. Ate two. Incredibly strong experience. Nausea, visuals, anxiety through the roof.

The body load at these sorts of doses is heavy, to say the least.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

12NEXT