We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mapacho snuff Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 4/11/2015 9:26:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm growing Mapacho for the first time this year and today we had a really heavy rain, similar to a monsoon except it only lasted 30 min. It messed one of them up, and since they're about a foot tall, I decided to harvest it.

I had picked a pair of leaves a few days ago and smoked it just now mixed with cannibis and passiflora and it impressed me.

I've also been wanting to use it in a brew, so I was looking online for info on how much to use as an admixture and found this article:
http://biopark.org/peru/mapacho.html

I've never used tobacco snuff but it intrigues me. Does anyone ever used Mapacho snuff? Seems like it would be powerful.

Also if I were to add it to the brew, are whole leaves way too much, should I use little pieces of leaves?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Day Tripper
#2 Posted : 4/11/2015 11:47:01 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I've used it several times, and a few of my acquaintances have tried it as well.

I just had powder left over from grinding mapacho leaves for cigarettes, after sieving the material so theres no powder in my cigarettes.

Yes, it works and can be a effective way of administration, so be careful of your dosages, start small.

The other thing i wanted to mention is that depending on the batch of mapacho i was working with, (who i got my log from) it burned more/less.

By burning i assume it has to do with the acidity of the material, and in retrospect a small amount of ash (like how most traditional snuffs are prepared) probably would have fixed that right up.

Personally i like making dips with my left over mapacho powder, just cut a rolling paper in half, add a small amount of finely ground mapacho, and roll it up like a cigarette, but tuck in the ends before you lick the gum and seal it up and stick it between your gums/cheek. i really like this roa btw.

Good luck

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

cosmictaylor
#3 Posted : 4/12/2015 2:48:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive had Rapé blown up my nose a few times before ayahuasca. basically mapacho and ashes. Super cleansing feel. Like a 'forced' meditation. Always blow a ton of gunk out my nose after that and feel totally open to take the medicine and whatever experience comes with it.

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 4/12/2015 3:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. One more question I have is if I was to make the snuff with leaves and ashes, do the leaves need to be cured, or can I simply use the fresh leaves once they're dry?

Btw, yesterday I chewed a leaf, def much more potent than normal tobacco.

I'm also in the process of making a brew. It's my first time using the mimosa I've grown. I used the 2 smallest leaves, they were about 2 inches long, hopefully that's just right.

Sky Motion
#5 Posted : 4/19/2015 3:11:30 AM

<3

cosmictaylor wrote:
Ive had Rapé blown up my nose a few times before ayahuasca. basically mapacho and ashes. Super cleansing feel. Like a 'forced' meditation. Always blow a ton of gunk out my nose after that and feel totally open to take the medicine and whatever experience comes with it.

I was offered the same thing before and after my ceremony but I was too much of a sissy to try it, can't stand tobacco and the though of it being shot up my nose was enough to keep me away but I know I'm going to have to go for it eventually Crying or very sad

zhoro
#6 Posted : 4/19/2015 4:10:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Over the past eight months or so I have partaken of rapé many times. It is an integral part of ceremonies I sit in, sweatlodges, and even used as a recentering tool during a recent work weekend preparing grounds for a vision quest.

It is one of my favorite medicines, we love each other. We took to each other the very first time we met. A friend who adiministered it to me just this past Sunday said that I am the only person he knows who draws is it in as much as possible. Some others find it harsh and avoid it. Try it and see.
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

mrwiggle
#7 Posted : 4/21/2015 7:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

please do not brew mapacho with your brew, it can be a violently toxic experience! proceed only with EXTREME caution
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!