We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How safe is the lazymans guide? Options

Spiced
#1 Posted : 8/30/2009 12:23:40 PM

Terra Incognita

Can this guide be trusted?

http://www.entheogen.com...um/showthread.php?t=9217

It looks like the most simple guide that i have enountered yet, within a few days 1.7kg. of powdered Mimosa Hostilis arrives at my doorstep Very happy and i'm planning on using this guide, as the simpleness speaks to me. Smile

But i am a little concerned if i should use this one, or i should try another.
Can someone share his/her view on this with me please?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shmoof
#2 Posted : 8/30/2009 3:57:41 PM

Wombat Banshee

Im most certainly not the leading source of advice on here, but by far the general consensus is that lazyman's is a decent, moderately safe tek, but that the Nomans Tek is much more effective, plus the recrystallization step insures more crystal purity

Spiced
#3 Posted : 8/30/2009 5:48:39 PM

Terra Incognita

Ok, thanks man.
Is the Nomans guide just as easy?
I don't feel very comfortable with warming those highly flamable ingredients since I have an open fire.

JustCas
#4 Posted : 8/30/2009 5:56:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

An alternative worth looking into would seem to be jorkest's d-limonene/fasw tek. I was a bit worried about flammable fumes as well and didn't want my house to stink of solvents, so have decided to go with this one. Extracts jungle alks from mimosa as well as the spice allowing for more mucking around if you're so inclined (a naphtha wash will get the pure spice out), high yields reported and best of all the solvent smells of oranges instead of a machine shop! The only un-safe part in most teks though seems to be the handling of sodium hydroxide and stongly basic solutions (and acid cooks in a/b's), which if done with care isn't too much of a big deal (adequate protective gear, do it in a basin of vinegar with swabs on hand to keep the outside of containers lye free, label stuff etc). That being said...of course heating flammable substances such as naphtha has it's own risks.

Unfortunately I can't offer any practical advice on it yet since my MHRB's still in the mail but after reading a load of different teks this one appealed the most.
All my posts are on behalf of my cat Floyd, he has difficulty typing.

Madcap
#5 Posted : 8/30/2009 6:25:46 PM

illudium Q-36

Lazyman is Ok. The problem is with the bowl. SWIM found it damned near impossible to pour off the naptha. Use a turkey baster to pull off the naptha. Jugs work out much better than bowls as they get narrow towards the top. The layer of naptha, when spread out over the surface area of the bowl is too thin to siphon off.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Spiced
#6 Posted : 8/30/2009 9:34:05 PM

Terra Incognita

Hey, thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate it enormously.

I noticed that the next best thing would be the Nomans guide, as it is still very easy, i just wont heat the Naptha, i can't afford to set my kitchen and myself on fire, i kinda dislike the idea. Razz

Thanks JustCas, i'll check that guide out too, i'm in the same boat as you now, my mimosa is in the mail, i sjould have it in a couple of days, i'll have some more questions by then, so i hope i will find some answers here again.

I love this forum, DMT is by far my most beloved substance, although, you can't compare it with LSD or mushrooms, it is gentle, warm and i'm pretty sure it is the safest psychedelic in the world, i can't immagine myself going in a bad trip on this, cause it leaves my mind in balance, it doesn't screw with my thought's, it's pure love. Very happy

Madcap
#7 Posted : 8/31/2009 12:49:40 AM

illudium Q-36

SWIM is sitting with some MHRB right now waiting to take his first stab at an A/B, but he is going to do a noman as well because he just finished a gallon jar of pickles and figured its meant to be.

Good luck Spiced, maybe we can compare notes afterwards.

Spiced
#8 Posted : 9/2/2009 7:07:41 PM

Terra Incognita

Thanks!
My 1.7kg. Mimosa arrived in the mail today, so this weekend i'm gonna try to do my first own extract, i hope it'll worlk out fine.

Madcap
#9 Posted : 9/2/2009 8:43:57 PM

illudium Q-36

SWIM starting with 100g MHRB because he wants to make sure to have room in the pickle jar to add extra water/lye solution if needed. I will post my results in a new thread.

corridors of my cells
#10 Posted : 9/5/2009 12:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiced wrote:
Ok, thanks man.
Is the Nomans guide just as easy?
I don't feel very comfortable with warming those highly flamable ingredients since I have an open fire.

simply boil some water in a pan, fill ur solvent to a jar/pyrex whatever take the boiled water off the oven to a place where theres no flame or anything Razz put the jar of solvent in the water, you may need to hold it in water tho due to weight issues (it will probably float)... keep it there for a while but DON'T forget to put a mask or something coz its not gud to inhale that shit (SWIM uses a mask and glasses coz he had bad experience) Razz after few minutes take it off the pan and pour it in your mhrb/lye mixture.. that will work fine...