We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Be a light unto yourselves. ~~Buddha Options

Jin
#21 Posted : 4/5/2015 5:34:33 AM

yes

zhoro wrote:
How do you discover and incorporate compassion in the process, for example when faced with perceived lack of authenticity?

there is no need to discover and incorporate compassion for an authentic being , because compassion is the very foundation on which authenticity stands

compassion does not require the belief " all is one "

when all is one , its easy to be compassionate

when faced with duality , then compassion finds its true worth

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Rising Spirit
#22 Posted : 4/5/2015 6:50:24 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

jamie wrote:
There is a difference between sincerity, and tacky cliches. I don't know what else to say about that..and sure that upsets people...people can call me a pessimist if it feels right. But honestly, this is just how I feel. I would rather not have people just walk around willy dilly saying these cereal box slogans without a real frame of context for such statements. It comes off as inauthentic.

Man, you are totally killing my buzz!!! Surprised

But seriously and all jesting aside, your words are clearly meant to be antagonistic. Why so? Thanx for the criticism... I think? But I won't trade blow for blow with you. Sorry I won't bite, I just don't play that game. There are no winners in such debative struggles. Obviously, to your offended sensibilities, I am "tacky, cliche and insincere"? Oops, my bad. My apologies for ruffling your feathers but I cannot deny what I have repeatedly experienced directly. Is this not the crux of Gnosis, testifying the vision expressively?

jamie wrote:
Nen said in an interview, "the next person who says we are all one Im going to punch in the face"..and I guess that sums it up.

Odd you aim this my direction... because nen888 publicly and privately shows nothing but brotherly kindness and respect to me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would never strike Yeshua the Christ, Adi Shankaracharya, Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King... let alone an ordinary, regular, working-class slob like myself... for expressing their crazy-inspired transcendences and in such a wake, emphatically proclaim their euphoric revelations about their own direct immersions within the Omniscient web of the Unified Field, which has fueled their desire to share their private epiphanies with their own kind (in our case, their psychedelically experienced piers).

Heck, everyone knows there are superficial phonies in every subculture. Yeah, maybe the New Agers and Neo-Advaitans are sometimes a we bit irritating with their jargon... but please don't lump me in with such absurd stereotypes. Now that stings.

Are you saying you want to attack me physically for what I have rattled on about? To actually strike me with your clenched fist? Sigh... and I thought we were all part of the same entheogenic family, with the same degree of impartiality, intelligence, wisdom, compassion, open-mindedness and overall preference towards giving a cheery thumbs up to other like-minded psychonauts.

Shucks, the Blue Meanies are lurking around every corner and ought we not look out for one another? I feel that we need to support each other with some flexibility and forbearance, accepting, even if begrudgingly, each others differing vantage points.

jamie wrote:
This reality is not an illusion. It is real. You are here to testify this. A state of mystical union does not cancel out the relevance of this reality of cause and effect, even if the cause remains present within the effect, and vice versa.

Seeing matter as illusory surely does not deny it's relative frequency of "reality" or come into conflict with the karmic nature of causality, I have never said this. Other folks do but I refrain because personally, I feel that only our compressed understanding holds to illusory constructs and limited mirages in perception. Such metaphors, like dreaming and awakening, celebrates the fact that Brahman or God, is always present in all of duality, always pulsing as the unified reality behind the veil of variegated appearances.

From one side of the looking glass, the world is all that exists, from the other side... existence itself is wholly Divine. How about instead of quipping "All is One" we just settle for a less repeated decree "Everything is symbiotically interconnected with everything else". Bottom line is this, I/you/we/everyone and everything we can comprehend and nothing we can conceive of at all, are eminently the shimmering rays emanating out of the sheer magnificence of Godself. Brahman/Tao/God being the interconnection and true essence. This is shown by the flow of the Tao, the wellspring of Nature. Oneself and Nature are symbiotic reflections of each other, hence the "oneness".

Whether you deem me "authentic" or "tacky"... a profound singularity refracted within the light of lights has inspired my heart. I say so because I have seen it is so through direct experience, not miming eastern metaphysics. That's the vision presented before this mortal vessel I call myself. Pardon how I grok this stuff but by gosh and by golly, I am suddenly reminded of William Shakespeare, who wisely penned this verse, "To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."

jamie wrote:
...and so while I agree with you, that is it all one, I think that there is an often ignored other side to that coin...and I believe that much of the dialogue we engage in today on the subject is born, in part out of only partially understood and appropriated eastern ideas.

Ouch and fair enough. I've been called a phony and a poser before. Honestly, it really does hurt. But perhaps you'd be a gentler soul if you accepted that we each and every one of us perceive of "reality" in our own unique way? If my exuberance at feeling connected to everything else in this universal play, therefore seeing a fundamental unity in all life's variations, really bothers you (like it or not my brother), you'll just have to learn to deal with it. Or forgive me for being totally frank, might you review the Attitude Page's requirements for participation within this objective forum body? Either that or shift your disdain radically towards ousting me from this fine community. Honestly, I'm not such a hypocritical monster that you ought to so unabashedly insult me on this esteemed forum. Again, ouch.

jamie wrote:
I have grown very weary of people who just claim it's all one, and use that as a spiritual backbone to lean on.

On the other hand and perhaps it's because I am fundamentally naive, I do hold faith that we can and ultimately will find harmony amongst ourselves. Accepting some unavoidable differences in our self-expression yet coolly choosing peace over conflict... defaulting to just letting it slide. I'm not asking you to stifle your ideas or beliefs, I only request some tact and maturity, some modicum of polite, friendly communication. Come on now jamie, you're a cool guy, why not play nice?

BTW, it's now a lovely Easter morning! I wish all of you wonderful folks tons of peace and creativity. Have a fine time with your family and friends, cause I sure know I will! Thumbs up

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Synkromystic
#23 Posted : 4/5/2015 7:56:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@ Rising Spirit. I have read numerous posts of yours over the past year, and the way you write, it is very clear to me that you have profoundly deep knowledge and experience about what you write. You are obviously not just repeating what you've heard or been told. I don't have the style and clarity that you do in writing, but I am able to transmit similar knowledge in person, verbally. I know you are no imposter! Pleased It takes many years of searching, and many more of refining and purifying to gain the level of knowledge and experience that you have and are capable of transmitting clearly.

Anybody can say ''all is one''. Anybody can believe ''all is one''. But Not everybody is able to experience and know the unity of ''All is one''. And for the ones that can experience varying levels of it (of which there is an infinite # of), there is no more believing, only knowing.

As far as this reality being an illusion, it most certainly is (Albeit a necessary one)......If it vibrates, it moves. If it moves it changes. If it changes it is always different. If it is always different it is never the same. If it's always different and moving, how can there be any truth to it? How do you define something that is relative? You can't truly define it because you need another relative to define it against. The only truth that exists is that which never changes, was never born, never dies...etc...You can call ''it'' what you want......All else is false. It is perfectly clear to those who KNOW, not so much to those who believe, and certainly not clear to those who only say......

joedirt
#24 Posted : 4/5/2015 1:01:07 PM

Not I

RisingSpirit I don't think Jamie's comments were directed towards you or anyone in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong Jamie.

Also I do think Jamie raises some good points. I mean to be blunt I can clearly see at every level that we are in fact all part of the same ever changing, ever manifesting...creation. I see the interconnectedness through time via cause and effect and through space via interconnectedness...

Yet, am I willing to give up everything I have to go feed the poor in India? Sure I give a few dollars or an apple to the homeless just about any time I see them.. but why don't I offer to let them come stay the night in my warm house? Clearly we are all one, but I, and my wife would have concerns about letting someone we don't know come stay in our home.. and yes we would be judging that person based on his appearance and life.. We might very well let a 'normal' looking stranger stay in our home, but a dirty person that sleeps on the street that very well could have mental problems, etc..

And yet... we are in fact all one. So I think Jamie really dose raise a good point. It's one thing to say, "we are one", it's another thing to experience unity, and it's another thing yet to fully embrace it.

I'd guess that many of us here have reached the part of experiencing unity, but I'd guess none of us have actually crossed over to fully living and embracing it.

BTW I say this knowing that a lot of people that live on the street would be far more gracias than 'normal' folks.

In any event. Hope everyone has an awesome day.
Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#25 Posted : 4/5/2015 6:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"RisingSpirit I don't think Jamie's comments were directed towards you or anyone in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong Jamie."

Ditto. Love
Long live the unwoke.

Synkromystic
#26 Posted : 4/5/2015 10:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:

I'd guess that many of us here have reached the part of experiencing unity, but I'd guess none of us have actually crossed over to fully living and embracing it.

Thumbs up Exactly. Because if we have fully ''crossed over'' into the unity, there is no distinction between anything. There is no relative any more. There is only the object and nothing to divide it. It is everything and nothing. Everywhere and yet nowhere. Unmanifest. True unity is unfathomable at our current stage of progress. What glimpses I have had of the unity and still do have from time to time (most of the time while being fully sober), are so unbelievably powerful, consuming me, devouring 'me', absorbing me into it as much as I can handle, just for a split second, only to shrink back into myself nearly instantly. Yet what is transmitted during those glimpses is the entirety of all knowledge, if only I was able to fully access it. Yet I am still limited by my chains, my habits, my emotions, my wants and desires, my body. But as the chains break off, I become freer and freer, become more of the object and less of the subject. On the path to true freedom. On the path ''into'' the only TRUTH.

spacexplorer
#27 Posted : 4/7/2015 1:29:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
@ Rising Spirit. I have read numerous posts of yours over the past year, and the way you write, it is very clear to me that you have profoundly deep knowledge and experience about what you write. You are obviously not just repeating what you've heard or been told. I don't have the style and clarity that you do in writing, but I am able to transmit similar knowledge in person, verbally. I know you are no imposter! Pleased It takes many years of searching, and many more of refining and purifying to gain the level of knowledge and experience that you have and are capable of transmitting clearly.

Anybody can say ''all is one''. Anybody can believe ''all is one''. But Not everybody is able to experience and know the unity of ''All is one''. And for the ones that can experience varying levels of it (of which there is an infinite # of), there is no more believing, only knowing.

As far as this reality being an illusion, it most certainly is (Albeit a necessary one)......If it vibrates, it moves. If it moves it changes. If it changes it is always different. If it is always different it is never the same. If it's always different and moving, how can there be any truth to it? How do you define something that is relative? You can't truly define it because you need another relative to define it against. The only truth that exists is that which never changes, was never born, never dies...etc...You can call ''it'' what you want......All else is false. It is perfectly clear to those who KNOW, not so much to those who believe, and certainly not clear to those who only say......

You're contradicting yourself. Your statements do not match up I'll lay it out for you.

The only truth is that which never changes, never is born, never dies.
All is one.
All else is false.
Reality is an illusion because it is changing.

If "All is one" then there is no "Else" which can be false.
If "All is one" then "All" is never changing, never born, never dies.
If "All is one" then reality is also part of the "One", therefore it is not changing.

Do you understand? Basic logic. You are saying "All is one" yet there is something "Else" that is "False". No. Incorrect. How can there be any "Else" which is "False" if it is all the same unchanging "One"?

Jin
#28 Posted : 4/7/2015 6:45:12 AM

yes

since " All is One "

why so much misunderstanding ?

let us accept , love and understand

for Rising Spirit = joedirt = jamie = zhoro = Chronic = Jin = Synkromystic = spacexplorer

lets live up to it

Love

edit :

let only acceptance and understanding prevail , for all else is false and serves nothing
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Synkromystic
#29 Posted : 4/7/2015 7:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:
Synkromystic wrote:

You're contradicting yourself. Your statements do not match up I'll lay it out for you.

All is one.
All else is false.

If "All is one" then reality is also part of the "One", therefore it is not changing.

Do you understand? Basic logic. You are saying "All is one" yet there is something "Else" that is "False". No. Incorrect. How can there be any "Else" which is "False" if it is all the same unchanging "One"?

There is one word which ties all of this together. That word is.....Paradox. I'm not trying to be cliche, but when you approach discussion in these realms, one inevitably leads to this end (actually a new beginning of sorts). The paradox can be reconciled, but not through words.

The words only limit concepts. Words are very helpful, but they can only take us so far, and are only meant/able to point towards the truth. So here we are, left with 2 logical statements (and I can argue a VERY STRONG case for either side) that appear to contradict each other, and you are right to point that out, yet in truth Razz do not contradict each other.

And any ways, trying to describe the indescribable in logical terms.....lol what an unimaginable task. a joke Surprised ....yet I feel it is our duty at times to TRY to do so, but it is always wise to remember, words will only take us soo far.

dreamer042
#30 Posted : 4/7/2015 9:09:39 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
-Shakyamuni
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Synkromystic
#31 Posted : 4/7/2015 9:46:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Quote:
-Shakyamuni

Good point, but I would take it a step further, so to speak......Better than a thousand words, is NO word.

Words limit, words divide. As we use them, in a sense we deliberately divide the unity, the peace

Koornut
#32 Posted : 4/7/2015 10:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
Quote:
-Shakyamuni

Good point, but I would take it a step further, so to speak......Better than a thousand words, is NO word.

Words limit, words divide. As we use them, in a sense we deliberately divide the unity, the peace

But they are very pretty Love
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

zhoro
#33 Posted : 4/8/2015 1:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
zhoro wrote:
How do you discover and incorporate compassion in the process, for example when faced with perceived lack of authenticity?

there is no need to discover and incorporate compassion for an authentic being , because compassion is the very foundation on which authenticity stands

compassion does not require the belief " all is one "

when all is one , its easy to be compassionate

when faced with duality , then compassion finds its true worth

Everyone is authentic to where they are at every moment. It is impossible to be inauthentic. Seeing that is compassion.

Compassion not only finds its worth when faced with duality, it subsists on duality.

I agree with you.
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

Praxis.
#34 Posted : 4/8/2015 2:24:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread has been a good read so far.

I really liked what jamie said here, it really resonated with me a lot:

Quote:
This reality is not an illusion. It is real. You are here to testify this. A state of mystical union does not cancel out the relevance of this reality of cause and effect, even if the cause remains present within the effect, and vice versa.

I couldn't have said it any better
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

spacexplorer
#35 Posted : 4/8/2015 8:29:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:
Synkromystic wrote:

All is one.
All else is false.

There is one word which ties all of this together. That word is.....Paradox. I'm not trying to be cliche, but when you approach discussion in these realms, one inevitably leads to this end (actually a new beginning of sorts). The paradox can be reconciled, but not through words.

The words only limit concepts. Words are very helpful, but they can only take us so far, and are only meant/able to point towards the truth. So here we are, left with 2 logical statements (and I can argue a VERY STRONG case for either side) that appear to contradict each other, and you are right to point that out, yet in truth Razz do not contradict each other.

And any ways, trying to describe the indescribable in logical terms.....lol what an unimaginable task. a joke Surprised ....yet I feel it is our duty at times to TRY to do so, but it is always wise to remember, words will only take us soo far.

But why call reality an illusion just because it vibrates? That's like calling the TV an illusion, yeah, it's not pure reality, but it's a real illusion.

Synkromystic
#36 Posted : 4/8/2015 6:54:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:

But why call reality an illusion just because it vibrates? That's like calling the TV an illusion, yeah, it's not pure reality, but it's a real illusion.

I have answered (in my opinion) the question in one of my earlier posts, as well as it can be answered through the internet using only words... Pleased

And a ''real illusion'' as you call it, is or almost is contradiction of terms....but who knows, it could be truly false, so you could be right and wrong, both at the same time.

spacexplorer
#37 Posted : 4/8/2015 11:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:

I have answered (in my opinion) the question in one of my earlier posts, as well as it can be answered through the internet using only words... Pleased

And a ''real illusion'' as you call it, is or almost is contradiction of terms....but who knows, it could be truly false, so you could be right and wrong, both at the same time.

A contradiction? Well I'm just speaking in truthful paradoxes like you. Reality is not an illusion because it vibrates, and only vibrational things are the truth because they change. It's true and it's false, everything and nothing Rolling eyes

Synkromystic
#38 Posted : 4/9/2015 1:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:
Synkromystic wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:

A contradiction? Well I'm just speaking in truthful paradoxes like you. Reality is not an illusion because it vibrates, and only vibrational things are the truth because they change. It's true and it's false, everything and nothing Rolling eyes

Haha. Fair enough. It appears we have come full circle in our discussion. Back to everything an nothing..... all at the same ''time''? Razz

Psybin
#39 Posted : 4/9/2015 3:10:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
To be fair, what I saw wasn't anything like this and could have not been mushrooms. I won't really know until I can get back in the church. It's just outside Albany NY if anyone in the vicinity wants to go check it out themselves.

Peace

What was the name of the church? I live in Albany...

darklordsson
#40 Posted : 4/9/2015 4:27:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
A little more background info: "Be a light unto yourselves" is supposedly one of the last things the Buddha said to his close disciples.

darklordsson wrote:
As he shrugs, lol All love Buddha, great and wonderful transcending being.. and i mean this with no hostility...

PREV123NEXT