We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Old shrooms bad to ingest? Options

lonewolf123
#1 Posted : 8/28/2009 12:42:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some shrooms that are probably 3-4 years old. They were kept in pretty bad condition. (ziplock bag in my closet, and some in a plastic medicine container, not air tight). So anybody have an idea if shrooms this old become lethal/no longer edible or if they'll even be the slightest bit active anymore?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/28/2009 12:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

as long as they are still dry and crisp I would say they are fine...might be a bit less potent though..especially if not air tight.. I cant see them not working at all though.

Make sure there is no black stuff of other molds growing on them..but if they are infact still dry and crisp I would say thats not a problem..

Next time store them in a ziplock bag and them put that in an airtight glass jar, in a cool dark place.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#3 Posted : 8/28/2009 12:58:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steam cook them for about 5-10 minutes, or until all the blue coloring is gone. Let them dry again or eat them as is.

SWIM found that steam cooking old dried mushroom will make them far more potent. I don't know why, but it does.

SWIM has done this to 10 year old dried mushrooms kept in a plastic bag, not air tight, and they worked just fine after steaming them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lonewolf123
#4 Posted : 8/28/2009 1:01:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahhhhh good to hear! Thanks guys

So I just googled how to steam cook something and took out my other question that I just asked Pleased

Any idea if doing the steam cook and then doing an extract in everclear is a good idea? Or should one just stick to one or the other?