We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Morning Glory Varieties Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 8/27/2009 4:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are there any real differences between the various Morning Glory strains like Heavenly Blue, Flying Saucers, and Pearly Gates other than potency?

From what I've read Heavenly Blue is the strongest of the bunch, but are there unique qualities to the trip each of these produces?

SWIM has tried Heavenly Blue Morning Glory seeds, a few different Hawaiian Baby Woodrose strains, and Ololiuqui. There are definite differences noticed in the various Hawaiian Baby Woodrose strains, and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are quite a bit different in effects from Heavenly Blue Morning Glory seeds an Ololiuqui seeds. Each has its own flavor of trip it produces. I assume that this also applies to other varieties of Morning Glory.

Does anyone have any experience with these other less popular Morning Glory seeds, and are they worth having, or are they simply just weaker versions of the Heavenly Blue variety?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Thanatananda23
#2 Posted : 8/27/2009 8:50:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great question, though my discursive comments may not help, the relevence seams noticable. Read somewhere that Terence Mckenna himself first opened to the entheogenic alternity via the Morning glorious elixer. Somewhat curious as to why he didn't orate or explore these lysergic realms further.

Have yet to venture outside heavenly hued blue. Awaiting further celestial mappings.
Horus Eye milky way galaxy glissading, swaying hag's hair neath arch de morir, a mirror reflecting everything, holding nothing near, Here.

Kannamate
#3 Posted : 8/27/2009 11:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did SWIM notice a big difference between Heavenly blue and HBWR? Most reports I've read where people ate enough say they are more visual than HBWR. I'm interested to hear the if anybody has tried the other varieties as well.

69ron
#4 Posted : 8/28/2009 1:17:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

None of them are very visual for SWIM. He’s more experienced with extracted LSA than with the seeds themselves, but here are the differences he’s noticed from using the seeds as is (without LSH conversion).

HBWR usually feels the most toxic and most sedating.

Ololiuqui feels the least toxic and is otherwise a lot like HBWR, but not as sedating.

Heavenly Blue Morning Glories feels the least sedating. They feel more toxic than Ololiuqui, but less toxic than HBWR. They seem to naturally have more LSH than the others have. The trip is more LSD-like, but you can still feel LSA in them. With the others, the LSH feel is pretty much absent unless you do an LSH conversion on them (using peppermint or another tech).

SWIM is no expert in this area. He’s only used Heavenly Blue Morning Glories and Ololiuqui a few times and at very low doses and has far more experience with HBWR (the Hawaiian strain mostly) at both low and high doses. He’s not tried any Morning Glories other than Heavenly Blue and is very interested if there are differences between them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Observant
#5 Posted : 9/1/2009 11:53:49 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I read that there is a difference in Alkaloidal Profile between Heavenly Blues and Pearly Gates .
The guy says that Pearly gates has more different Alkaloids present , which make a better or more visual trip

This is a posting with detail Pictures of my 2 Varieties of Morning glory . They are easy to distinct .
I will compare potency this fall . http://dmt-nexus.me/foru...ts&m=76491#post76491
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

damiana
#6 Posted : 9/2/2009 3:46:41 PM

Cosmic Dragon

69ron, if you didn't already see, the Experimental Morning Glory Alkaloid Extractions (A/B) topic has a post of the lsa alk % by weight.
PEACE

lonewolf123
#7 Posted : 9/12/2009 12:05:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FV threw some Heavenly blues in with swims order... any swiys know how many to chew and the expected results?

Captu4ik
#8 Posted : 9/12/2009 12:54:16 AM
Farquart Thibideaux

Is seed freshness a factor in potency ? I'm expecting some really fresh HBWR seed in a week or so ...

69ron
#9 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:21:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Freshness is a factor for the effect you get from HBWR, but not much in terms of potency. As the seeds age they get more and more sedating and less psychedelic, but still about as potent.

Freshness is said to be a BIG factor for ololiuqui specifically though.

lonewolf123
#10 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is seeing reports of 100s of seeds being eatten at a time, swim just chewed and swallowed 10 heavenly blues....

69ron
#11 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:33:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With Heavenly Blues, SWIM needs at least 2 grams, about 60 seeds, in order to feel it unless it's taken with other potentiaters like THH, strychnine (extracted from Nux vomica seeds) or hyoscyamine (from raw Datura stramonium seeds), in which case he can feel the effects of just 1 gram.

Most people need at least 50-150 Heavenly Blues seeds for a very mild trip.

Erowid states 50-100 seeds are needed for a mild trip.

Infinite I
#12 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:37:02 AM

JC

lonewolf123 wrote:
Swim is seeing reports of 100s of seeds being eatten at a time, swim just chewed and swallowed 10 heavenly blues....

Good luck, swim took 35 oliouqui a couple of days after receiving his oliouqui and didnt get a thing, a month later he took 135 and again nothing, cold water peppermint extraction with passion flower and 3 datura stramonium. From a reputable vendor too, though swim has heard they have to be even fresher than all the other lsa seeds.

With morning glory swim tried 100 first attempt and got nothing, then 450 and didnt get a thing, from a reputable vendor, swims sure you need at least something in the hundreds with morning glory. Though swim hasnt had much luck with lsa seeds the last few months so thinks he has a high tolerance to them, im pretty sure ten would do nothing though to someone sensitive?

lonewolf123
#13 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim has thh, was waiting to take it by itself, but would swiy recommend a small dose(how much)? swim isnt looking for a full blown anything, just trying to see get a feel...

Infinite I
#14 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:37:52 AM

JC

69ron wrote:
With Heavenly Blues, SWIM needs at least 2 grams, about 60 seeds, in order to feel it unless it's taken with other potentiaters like THH, strychnine (extracted from Nux vomica seeds) or hyoscyamine (from raw Datura stramonium seeds), in which case he can feel the effects of just 1 gram.

Most people need at least 100-150 Heavenly Blues seeds for a very mild trip.

Answered swims question before he even asked LOL cheers! Cool

lonewolf123
#15 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lonewolf123 wrote:
Swim has thh, was waiting to take it by itself, but would swiy recommend a small dose(how much)? swim isnt looking for a full blown anything, just trying to see get a feel...

Its thh hcl, which swim believes is the same? swim also has Datura stramonium .... would the 3 together in small doses be nice?

69ron
#16 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the Erowid data on Heavenly Blue dosage:

Code:
Seeds    Weight      Strength
-------- ----------- ---------------
50-100   1.5-3 gram  weak dosage
100-250  3-6 gram    normal dosage
250-400  6-10 gram   strong dosage
400+     10+ gram    Extreme dosage

Onset:          30- 180 min
Duration :      4 - 10 hours
After Effects:  2 - 24 hours

lonewolf123
#17 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim saw one report where a girl had effects with only 12-13 seeds and didnt understand how everyone was eating so many, and as Swim types this he just got a nice rush in his head......and it passed..... But again, swim is just testing the waters, so he will probably eat a few more as the night goes on...

69ron
#18 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:54:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lonewolf123 wrote:
lonewolf123 wrote:

Its thh hcl, which swim believes is the same? swim also has Datura stramonium .... would the 3 together in small doses be nice?

The Datura stramonium dose would be 3-5 seeds.

The oral THH dose would be 200 mg. Sublingually, I think it would be about 20 mg? I'm not sure.

SWIM has mixed LSA with these other two at the same time. The Datura stramonium helps block the unpleasant side effects of the seeds and makes them more "LSD-like". The THH increases the visual effects. Both increase the LSA potency by about 1.5-2x, whether taken together or not.

Some Datura varieties are added to some ayahuasca brews, and ayahuasca contains THH, so this is a classic combination. However, taking LSA seeds with ayahuasca is pretty much unheard of.

SWIM found that THH increases the visual effects of a lot of different psychedelics. It seems safer than harmine when used with other psychedelics. For example, the combination of THH and mescaline is very tranquil, but the combination of harmine and mescaline is a very hyper jittery experience, and a lot of people don't like it. Same with LSD, where harmine tends to make the experience way too wild for most people, but THH makes the experience more focused and more visual.

corridors of my cells
#19 Posted : 9/12/2009 2:55:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lonewolf123 wrote:
FV threw some Heavenly blues in with swims order... any swiys know how many to chew and the expected results?

I mostly used to chew around 200-300. I chewed Heavenly blues once around 300 but i guess they were not clean from some agricultural chemicals or the soil itself so i got very sick. My skin turned yellow and was nearly unable to smoke. But my first trip was with another strain not heavenly blues and i chew 250 i had great symetric closed eye visuals and bliss. Weed is very good after chewing MG seeds.

I ate HBWR only 1 time and that was 12 seeds. I didnt know the exact effects so i was expecting something similar to MG. Then i ended up passing out on bed and breathing very slowly. Waking up for few seconds sometimes and having a feeling of dreaming awake then sleeping again. Than i woke up hours later and i said "wtf was that the trip?".. So i dont prefer HBWR anyways.. actually i dont feel my stomach gud enough for any seeds anymore but if you wanna go for MG i guess 200-220 is a medium dose. Ofcourse i dont know why but quality changes from one seed to another.. so better to know where you are buying. And i recommend washing seeds before u eat so u dont endup going sick like me Razz

Tropical
#20 Posted : 9/22/2009 1:46:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Freshness is said to be a BIG factor for ololiuqui specifically though.

through ingestion experiments, it seems that Turbina freshness is not as big a deal as it is said to be. old seeds (1-8years), fresh seeds, seeds off the plants, seeds dried for a day etc all have fairly similar dosage. seemed to be 150-200 was the sweet spot for that person. 250+ produced bad nausea and much throwing up. under 100 little to no effects were noticed, except for perhaps slight buzz/mood change. he has not compared the I. tricolor varieties side by side though. wonder what extracting would show in comparison of ergolines.