We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Opinions on different strains Options

geeg30
#21 Posted : 5/25/2015 5:25:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish you luck trying to grow liberty caps - from what I know its nigh on near impossible to grow liberties from spore prints etc.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Swarupa
#22 Posted : 5/25/2015 9:59:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Definitely go hunting for some Liberty Caps if possible during the season, i love growing Cubensis but my favorite to experience are Semilanceata by a mile, it's also fun to go through the experience of seeking them, finding them, and then of course taking them, it makes it extra special i believe, aesthetically they are really beautiful mushrooms too 🍄

My favorite Cubensis to grow are Golden Teachers and B+, healthy shrooms, good yeild and always potent Smile

Spaced Out 2
#23 Posted : 6/22/2015 7:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update on pics, and end result. I wasn't able to get more than one flush due to a cob web mold contamination. It really seemed to accelerate after the spores started to drop. I did still make out with 6oz of dried fungi and got prints like I wanted.
Enjoy the pics...Big grin
Spaced Out 2 attached the following image(s):
20150524_074656.jpg (4,027kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
20150525_074836.jpg (2,492kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
20150526_020937.jpg (3,973kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
20150526_080126.jpg (3,771kb) downloaded 154 time(s).

kerelsk
#24 Posted : 6/22/2015 8:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good, you're taking prints!

I think it's a really good idea to cultivate the same strain, make it yours
That way, you're not reliant on vendors and the uncertainty of mail-ordering and you develop a relationship with your mushies. You know them and they know you, it's intimate, and you can make it your heirloom, pass it off to your grandkids Big grin

nemesauce
#25 Posted : 6/22/2015 9:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shocked that's a bang up job!!Big grin

It's like a Forest without the trees, lol

TGO
#26 Posted : 6/22/2015 11:35:21 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

Thumbs up
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Spaced Out 2
#27 Posted : 6/23/2015 6:32:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nemesauce wrote:
Shocked that's a bang up job!!Big grin

It's like a Forest without the trees, lol

Laughing That's exactly what I thought too. The fungi forest.

Spore prints were a must, I want to start working with agar and strain isolation. Multi spore syringe just got me started.
Should have pic soon of next one's that are going. I thought I had Pan. Cyans, when in fact looking at syringe label again it says P. Cambodginiensis, definitely want prints of these.

Thanks Grateful One, it definitely is a wonderful sight seeing these. Even better when it works out on your first attempt!

EternalPeace
#28 Posted : 6/30/2015 2:35:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Isolating with agar is pretty easy--after you do it once you'll have the hang of it. The cool part is, after you get the strongest culture isolated, it grows like crazy when you put it in substrate! Not cleaning it really slows it down, like it's fighting itself. Get them all going in the same direction and they take off like a race car!

Spaced Out 2
#29 Posted : 6/30/2015 3:35:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EternalPeace wrote:
Isolating with agar is pretty easy--after you do it once you'll have the hang of it. The cool part is, after you get the strongest culture isolated, it grows like crazy when you put it in substrate! Not cleaning it really slows it down, like it's fighting itself. Get them all going in the same direction and they take off like a race car!

Thanks for the wisdom, and encouragement EP Very happy
I'm definitely looking forward to working with agar and isolation in the near future. Trying to get all my prints in line before my syringes go bad. Then I can get into the thick of it a little more.

jamie
#30 Posted : 6/30/2015 2:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

if you want real potency, my experience has been that ditching the bulk subs and fruiting jars of whole brown rice(no verm no rice powder just whole brown cooked rice) produces fruits of superior potency. Bulks like straw and esp always produced very weak mushrooms for me. Whole brown rice cake fruits blow my mind.
Long live the unwoke.

Spaced Out 2
#31 Posted : 6/30/2015 5:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
if you want real potency, my experience has been that ditching the bulk subs and fruiting jars of whole brown rice(no verm no rice powder just whole brown cooked rice) produces fruits of superior potency. Bulks like straw and esp always produced very weak mushrooms for me. Whole brown rice cake fruits blow my mind.

Jamie, you don't mention if this is for all varieties. Straw does look like a pain to work with but I was going to gear that more towards regular edibles. Same goes for working with wood lovers, I have a patch of azurescens going outside that I will maintain but have no interest to bring them into controlled conditions.
While I like the sound and easiness of your method and would like to try it out, is there anything out there proving that they are truly more potent with this method, and if so please point me in the right direction Smile

As I mentioned though I'm trying to learn a lot of this so I can grow all types of mushrooms and not just the magical kind, so I'm probably going to be working with bulk subs for some time. Plus I live in horse country and have access to all the poo I can handle.

Is there anything you do differently to the rice throughout the process? Thanks for your input Jamie!

PREV12