We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
q21 ACRB - first pull got crystals, second got waxy film Options

dreamingstill
#1 Posted : 3/28/2015 3:59:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, so I'm trying the q21q21 Tek 2 (fluffy white funfest) using ACRB rather than MHRB, and I'm running into a few problems. I followed the tek real close to how it was written (I had to use a little bit more vinegar and lime, but it still "looked" similar to when I did it with MHRB). I didn't let the mixture sit for any longer than the tek asked for.

Anyway, my first pull yielded some crystals, but there was a thick wax underneath that turned the mix a lightish brown tint, but still crystally, albeit a bit sticky. My second pull had next to no crystals and was just a layer of wax at the bottom of the precipitation dish.

I've been looking around and most people say to defat when using ACRB? What exactly does that mean/what does it do/when do i do it/how do i do it? Will I be able to defat while keeping it relatively foodsafe? I really don't want to use lye at any point during an extraction, and most posts saying to defat refer to a tek using lye.

Thanks!

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to ask - I'm guessing that this goo is just the NMT/DMT mix I've read about. Could I just mix the goo into IPA and then dissolve it onto B Caapi for changa and it'll do the same thing? Is the NMT even alcohol soluble? If it's not, then can I just use IPA to sort of "wash" it out?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

starway6
#2 Posted : 3/28/2015 8:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With ACRB dont undersetimate that wax!..Rolling eyes
That wax is usualy often more powerfull than the crystals because its weight is more compressed more denser...
I find that the wax after 24 or more hours gets many circular crysytal formations on it ..scrape some up when fairly dry and waxy ..the effects can be heavenly...

Pretty crystals arent everything they are just wax dressed in a tux!Very happy

Oneletter
#3 Posted : 3/29/2015 12:54:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I find the wax ideal. Just storing it is a challenge for me. I just load a glob into my machine and its heaven.

starway6
#4 Posted : 3/29/2015 2:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you let [the wax] set it gets more easy to handle as it drys...

I often just put the dish of dryed wax into the sink ..or somewhere cool.. and it apears just like a dish that wasnt washed with dryed food in the bottom.. it doesnt look incriminating at all!

I just vaped some an hour ago and the afterglow is still there...Big grin

dreamingstill
#5 Posted : 4/1/2015 2:10:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow this stuff is real potent! Tried .04 in my vapor genie and had my first breakthrough on non-changa! Anyway, I'm pretty much OK with having goo, but it's too hard for me to handle/too sticky.

On my last naptha pull, I noticed that there was a ton of crystals just floating around (normally they're stuck to the bottom), and when I poured the naptha out they were stuck to the bottom. But, when the dish was dry, all of them were invisible/taken over by goo. Anyway to prevent this/any idea on what's happening?

Also, I'm still confused by defatting. If I do a defat step, will I still get goo, or no? I'm thinking about trying that next, or maybe FASA technique since the crystals are easier to handle for me, the goo is sticking to everything and hard to get out of the container i put it in.

Maybe I'll just make it into changa, I tried dissolving the goo in IPA and it worked.

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 4/1/2015 3:21:55 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

No defat but mini A/B ftw

Check there for it
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

dreamingstill
#7 Posted : 4/1/2015 3:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:

Check there for it

I might give that a try, it looks interesting, but will probably only do 50g and try a few different teks at that weight. Also, will I be able to substitute the lye with pickling lime? I'm much more comfortable working with that. All that matters is pH, right?

edit-just scraped that last batch, almost no goo, just crystals with an off yellowish orange colour. I've noticed that each batch has a higher crystal to goo ratio (although they're getting smaller overall). Does that mean that the nmt gets used up/extracted first, or am I just lucky and have a plant that might've had a bit more dmt than nmt and am now out of those alkaloids and left with mostly dmt?

edit2- hate to keep asking questions, but I just thought of something. I'm reading up on defatting, and found Elfspice's guide that says to use xylene or toulene and do a few pulls with that after the acidification step. Can I still do this even though I plan on doing it with a dry tek (wanna stick with q21's for the first time defatting at least)? Will the other alkaloids that are present in the goo be in this pull? Like will I essentially have that pull be just goo, and then the final pulls after basification be mostly DMT? Or will they be lost?

Murbz
#8 Posted : 4/2/2015 12:43:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamingstill wrote:
Will I be able to defat while keeping it relatively foodsafe? I really don't want to use lye at any point during an extraction, and most posts saying to defat refer to a tek using lye.

I'm new here (and to extractions), so you may want some of the old pros to weigh in here - however ...

If you are worried about using lye because it's not foodsafe, you should be aware (and maybe you are) that you can easily obtain "foodsafe" grade lye via the Internet. Food grade lye is used in lots of delicious food items, like German (Swabian) soft pretzels and Norwegian Lutefisk - both delicious, and perfectly safe to eat!

I'll let the pro chemists chime in, but I've heard that lye is generally "food grade" if it's free of adulterants, etc. Using something sold as "food grade" sounds good to me - versus a drain cleaner - even though the odds are probably high that it's the same stuff.

No matter what, be safe and always work in a well-ventilated space and wear eye protection and gloves when working with lye! Take care, and good luck!

DansMaTete
#9 Posted : 4/2/2015 1:44:32 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

dreamingstill wrote:
DansMaTete wrote:

Check there for it

I might give that a try, it looks interesting, but will probably only do 50g and try a few different teks at that weight. Also, will I be able to substitute the lye with pickling lime? I'm much more comfortable working with that. All that matters is pH, right?

Oh, i was pointing the mini A/B (CLEAN UP STEPS) used at the end of the tek i linked, not the tek in itself. I think it's a better way to get rid of fat (of course if you pulled with a naphtha in q21q21 Tek) than a usual defat with a NPS prior basification.
You can not substitute lye with pickling lime in the tek i linked cause lye is used to raise the pH AND to lyse cells to free DMT up. In that case prickling lime won't do the job.

Food grade doesn't mean you can eat it Razz
Safety first when you handle lye !
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 4/2/2015 10:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For any goo i've gotten from ACRB I will put it in a glass dish, scrape and spread every day until it hardens. My last thick-light tek pulls started as goo and the end result was powdery crystals. It took a long time. I babied it for two weeks until it was ready. Sometimes I think the oils trap solvent and it just takes way longer to get it all out.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

starway6
#11 Posted : 4/3/2015 5:36:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melt the crystals and you have an amber oil....

melt the wax or goo you still have an amber oil....

If extraction was done carefully ...especialy when seperating the napatha from the soup..whats really the big difference?

Pretty crystals are nice ..but.. REALLY.. is there that much difference?

When dryed long enough wax... is easy to handle and scrape up ..can be rolled into a pellet by hand...

A little peice of [dense dmt wax] equals a .. MUCH LARGER.. pile of pretty crystals that will quickly turn into oil anyway...

Unless the dmt crystals are proven exceptionaly pure...

After some research i found that.........

Back in the 1960s [although new and not very popular at the time when good LSD was still leagle]... DMT often came in an orange waxy form wraped in foil or wax paper and was super potent!

Most people then were scared away from it then because of its reputation for having such an unforgivingly intense comeup....

Crystals can give the ullusion that what you have is very pure. but ive found that lots of things can crystalize..
For all the extra work trying to create pretty crystals ..is it really worth it?

I find that the great dmt smell test on the wax tells me a lot about its purity..

Why does that wax smell soooo good?Very happy