We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
AAAARGH! STUPID,STUPID KIDS Options

null24
#1 Posted : 3/28/2015 1:03:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'm sorry, i can't think of anything else to call them

I decided not to post DMT bust stories anymore, but this illustrates a fear I've been having lately. Greater negative attention from idiots doing idiotic things. What, were they looking for crystals someone dropped!

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 3/28/2015 1:13:19 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Don't blame the victim for the police or prohibition. Come on now.

It doesn't sound like they were doing anything particularly stupid to catch the attention of LEO.

That said, it does reinforce the fact that you should NEVER talk to police without a lawyer present.

Seems a bit odd that the suspect pulled the baggie out in the presence of the police...not sure what that's about, but I think we all know that the news outlets tend to be rather biased in such reports.

Personally, I hope he gets through this without significant consequences...it's a shame to see anyone put through the legal wringer.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

null24
#3 Posted : 3/28/2015 2:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i got ya, snozz. Sometimes i actually forget that it's PROPAGANDA. The article is full of horrible statements and yes, these kids are scapegoats of the disinformation campaign and victims of the drug war, but they ran right into the line of fire!

Blaming the victim is harsh, i got ya loud and clear, again maybe i shot from the hip. The war on cognitive liberty is wrong, and just a small part of the larger enslavement of the American public, but to martyr oneself or of naivete, ignorance, or just plain being stupid is...stupid. A park ranger is very liable to walk up on someone if they are out in the open, doing drugs. Unless these were real skittish people normally, it can be safe to assume that's why the ranger walked up.

I just worry that the more negative attention brought on the molecule, the harsher a crackdown may be on our beloved plants. I do second the sympathy for the young fellow however, prison is no place to grow up.

Just ask almost any brown American.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 3/28/2015 2:29:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Poor guy. Sounds like he might have just panicked and thought that if he gave himself up, things might go better for him.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

concombres
#5 Posted : 3/28/2015 3:59:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking dmt at a public park is not a good idea imo & is asking for trouble.

I do feel bad for the guy though. The worst part about this story is he would have probably caught lesser charges for a stamp bag of heroin or a gram of cocaine & that is disturbing.

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 3/28/2015 4:52:20 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

concombres wrote:

How did you come to the conclusion that anyone was smoking anything?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

universecannon
#7 Posted : 3/28/2015 5:08:42 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

News stories about drugs, especially psychedelics, are almost always filled with ridiculously inaccurate information, so keep that in mind before making judgements. Regardless of whatever happened, at the end of the day these kids are the unfortunate victims of an absolutely insane systems beyond their control. We could all have made wiser moves in our lives, but I don't blame them for anything and wish them the best.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

concombres
#8 Posted : 3/28/2015 6:28:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
concombres wrote:

How did you come to the conclusion that anyone was smoking anything?

Well i can't be sure because i was not actually there.
But from the article it seemed as if they were looking for a place to use their spice.
Having no mention of harmalas being found, it seems probable they were attempting to go the smoked roa.

Then again, no mention of a pipe was there either so they may have just been out & carrying it on their person.
universecannon wrote:
News stories about drugs, especially psychedelics, are almost always filled with ridiculously inaccurate information, so keep that in mind before making judgements. Regardless of whatever happened, at the end of the day these kids are the unfortunate victims of an absolutely insane systems beyond their control. We could all have made wiser moves in our lives, but I don't blame them for anything and wish them the best.

I agree with this entirely. I can't say i've never done anything risky or dumb & most here cannot either. It's part of life & mistakes are how we learn.
It's terrible how bad of a situation ridiculous drug laws can put someone in who would have otherwise not been causing trouble or harm to anybody.

oversoul1919
#9 Posted : 3/28/2015 6:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here: http://www.newsnet5.com/...concern-for-local-police

I can't even believe that someone can spew so much nonsense. Why don't they even inform themselves, before writing such nonsense?

Or, they know what DMT is, but they intentionally write things like this to scare people away?

OrionFyre
#10 Posted : 3/28/2015 7:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Already being discussed over on this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=63650
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

DmnStr8
#11 Posted : 3/28/2015 8:40:22 PM

Come what may

I feel really good about my spice extracts now after looking at the DMT in this horribly inaccurate news report. Not sure I would want to ingest any of that stuff. Not to be a spice snob. Cool

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 3/28/2015 9:14:56 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Merged the threads.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

jamie
#13 Posted : 3/28/2015 9:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It sounds to me like they were actually looking for stones etc to make pendants and jewelery with, and simply had some DMT with them. Maybe they were going to smoke it in the woods. I would have.
Long live the unwoke.

slewb
#14 Posted : 3/29/2015 12:55:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe not stupid... definitely ignorant

The article makes it sound like he emptied his pockets when he was not legally required to do so. And even if there was some legal reason for forcing him to empty his pockets, he should not have admitted to being in possession of a schedule one substance. There's your confession. It can and will be used against him in a court of law. From the pictures it looks like that could easily have been like some maple sugar candy his grandmomma made.

I dunno what it is but I often feel an urge to be like obliging/accommodating to law enforcement folks. I don't have anything against any individual in law enforcement and since (because of my appearance) they automatically assume that I do maybe I just want to prove something... but if I had something illegal on me (which I basically never do in public, anymore) I would say that I know my rights and then STFU.

null24
#15 Posted : 3/29/2015 2:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Often the only way to avoid not necessarily prosecution, but rather conviction is to NOT TELL THE COPS ANYTHING! Of course once you have, prosecution is a sure bet, and conviction likely.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Akasha224
#16 Posted : 3/29/2015 2:12:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is the most frightening thing in the article IMO:

Quote:
"Almost 30 in the last year. We looked at cases from the last several years. The trend has been slowly increasing," Neuman said.

Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

DeltaSpice
#17 Posted : 3/29/2015 5:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

30 cases in the last year.
Considering the population of America, 30 is like zero percent.
I'm glad youngsters are using substances that can enhance there lives .
Rather them enlightened than say drunk and acting like fools.

null24
#18 Posted : 3/29/2015 5:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
30 cases in the last year.
Considering the population of America, 30 is like zero percent.
I'm glad youngsters are using substances that can enhance there lives .
Rather them enlightened than say drunk and acting like fools.

Yeah, that freaked me out too, because i didn't read that as nationally, but locally, and even state wide, that's a huge number of DMT prosecutions.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

MaNoMaNoM
#19 Posted : 3/29/2015 5:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Akasha224 wrote:
This is the most frightening thing in the article IMO:

Quote:
"Almost 30 in the last year. We looked at cases from the last several years. The trend has been slowly increasing," Neuman said.

Neuman Mad
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

mad_banshee
#20 Posted : 3/29/2015 9:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like about 150 mgs of spice. Big freekin bust. I think any moral cop would have dumped it out and told the kid to move on. What oinkers. You would have to be a class A total jerk to wreck up a kids life over something like that.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

12NEXT