We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mexico decriminalizes small-scale drug possession Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 8/26/2009 10:55:42 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The Associated Press wrote:
MEXICO CITY — Mexico decriminalized small amounts of marijuana, cocaine and heroin on Friday — a move that prosecutors say makes sense even in the midst of the government's grueling battle against drug traffickers.

http://www.google.com/ho...kbAUY1lLDdqc4vAD9A763HO0

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 8/26/2009 11:22:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a step in the right direction .. but still with a negative attitude i.e. seeing all 'drug users' as helpless victims of addiction, rather than concious people exploring themselves - although in the case of heroin and coke, it seems much more likely to fall into that kind of addictive usage.

Imagine a headline like : "[insert name of country] decriminalized small amounts of a range of psychoactive substances alongside new government funded guidance on safe use and conciousness expansion...."
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 8/26/2009 11:43:26 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

balaganist wrote:
Imagine a headline like : "[insert name of country] decriminalized small amounts of a range of psychoactive substances alongside new government funded guidance on safe use and conciousness expansion...."

Now THAT would be great. Very happy

polytrip
#4 Posted : 8/26/2009 11:49:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Just heard that argentina also will decriminalize small-scale possession of marihuana.

Since the spanish speaking world seems to be moving to an interesting new direction i can hardly wait for spanish to become the oficial language of the USA.

Seven
#5 Posted : 8/26/2009 3:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow I'm surprised they even mentioned LSD.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 8/26/2009 5:32:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Go Mexico and Argentina! Change is a-coming!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ibeing897
#7 Posted : 8/26/2009 6:05:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this has got to be a mega development, super progressive, I've recently talked to friends about the influx of RCs and dodgy drugs that it may have the rebound effect of decriminalising more established drugs... it also seems to me like governments are turning a blind eye to people buying prescription medication on-line for obvious reasons.. but to stop harm, crime and in order to get in on the act monetarily.....
all posts are fictional

balaganist
#8 Posted : 8/26/2009 6:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

agreed it is a really positive development, my post above may have come across as negative - its a small but important step to a saner world.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

69ron
#9 Posted : 8/26/2009 7:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think freedom of information has a lot to do with this. These days you can chat with people around the world about drugs and find out the truth about them from actual users. We see that people using DMT are generally very intelligent people, not social outcasts detrimental to society as the government propaganda would like you to believe. Because of the internet, people can visit sites like this one and see for themselves what users of DMT actually are like.

SWIM is a master software engineer at Motorola. He regularly gets bonuses. He's got a family and has been happily married for many years. He's doing well by most people's standards.

In the past, royalty used psychedelics. The rulers of the Aztecs, Mayans, etc., all used psychedelics. They were commonly used by the upper class and were considered sacred. This partially changed (was moved underground) when the Spanish invaded and demonized psychedelic use because it wasn’t part of their catholic religious belief system. Over the years though, psychedelics have made their way back into the church despite their efforts, and now there are quite a few catholic churches that use ayahuasca.

It's only a matter of time that psychedelics are viewed as sacred again, rather than detrimental drugs.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

۩
#10 Posted : 8/26/2009 9:31:04 PM

So if the people are allowed to possess...what does this mean for cultivators? I don't get it.

/me gives ron + mexico + arentina a standing ovation, regardless ! :]

Baffald
#11 Posted : 8/27/2009 12:07:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted the full article from CNN in my Argentina post. Just FYI