We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
A guide to vaporizing DMT electronically Options

jagarock
#1 Posted : 3/15/2015 1:30:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I'm new here, I found this forum searching for how to use DMT properly.

After alot of trial and fails, with alot of different methods, including glass bulb vaporizer, 2 litre bottle with tinfoil, water bong, and finally electronic portable vaporizer i found the ultimate way.

The correct vaping temperature for DMT is 150C. Much higher, it will get harsh, and it will be burnt. At 150C, you can pull it without feeling much resistance at all Smile

The vaporizer i use is crafty. You can use an iphone or android app to set the temperature to 150C. Pretty high tech. It looks like this:
http://imgur.com/a/6zNXS

What you need is something in the bottom of the vaporizer, so that the DMT doesnt just vanish, because DMT melts into liquid before it transforms into vapor/smoke.

With crafty, you get a steel filter you can just put in the bottom, like in the image above. (For future reference, if the image above is gone, you can probably use a layer of oregano or just some aluminium foil to catch the DMT when it melts). Then just sprinkle some DMT on top. (i used 30mg to get where i wanted).

Heat to 150C, lean back in your sofa, put on any music that makes you feel good (for me owl city is nice), and smoke from the vaporizer like you would smoke anything else. It comes on slowly, so there is no need at all to be afraid to be thrown into space. Everything happens in your own comfortable speed. You pull in, holding it for maybe 10 seconds roughly (no need to get uncomfortable), then blowing out and repeat until you are where you want. For me it took roughly 5-6 draws to get me right at the edge of breakthough. So obviously just continue if you want to go further Smile

Im hoping this guide will help any people that wants to vaporize DMT with an electronic vape in the future!

as for the effects, check this out. what i was looking at when i started:
http://i.imgur.com/t44nNrH.jpg
the ELK hanging on the wall there? you see that? it transformed into something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/kLmQsxs.jpg

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

microdots
#2 Posted : 3/15/2015 1:48:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks good will try this.

eDNA
#3 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:35:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for making this thread.
How long do the Liquid Pads / Upper & Lower Mesh Screens last?
How many extra ones of each do you recommend to order with the Crafty?
How and when do you clean the Crafty?

So you just place DMT over the Liquid Pad with nothing else in there but the Liquid pad? What amount, what's the most you tried?
Do the Liquid pads get cleaned?

Is it 150°C or 180°C per this post:

The Traveler wrote:

The boiling point of DMT freebase seems to be around 160C and with a vaporizer you might want to set the temperature around 180C for a solid and constant vaporization.

I myself am testing with the Plenty vaporizer and using the liquid pad that you get with it, I can vape around 5-10mg of DMT in one pull, depending on your lung capacity and how deep you want to inhale. So to vape 25mg of DMT freebase with the Plenty you need around 3 deep pulls.

ducdevil
#4 Posted : 12/30/2015 10:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome info - many thanks!

i own a Crafty as well as the Mighty, which is the larger, dual battery version of the Crafty that does not use an app for temp control. therefore, i am super-interested in trying this out.

i have only one question: do you pre-melt onto the liquid pad, or just load it up and screw on the top mouthpiece?

thanks a lot! cheers! Smile

hortwizard
#5 Posted : 12/30/2015 8:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for this. Ive spent hundreds of dollars over the past few years trying to find the perfect electronic vaporizer for spice. I gave up my search almost a year ago as all the ones ive tried have ended up burning my elf dust. Ill have to give this one a shot!

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:01:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

hortwizard wrote:
I gave up my search almost a year ago as all the ones ive tried have ended up burning my elf dust.

Changa or enhanced leaf generally works best for electronic vapes.

GVG is best for xtal Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

hortwizard
#7 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just looked it up. Definitely sold on this! Storz & Bickel FTW. I think i might get 2 one for spice and the other for harmalas. I was already looking at their Plenty vaporizer but wasnt sure how I felt about the power cord.

hortwizard
#8 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:11:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a gvg. However, i have a problem with my arc turbo flames that stop working intermittently. Interestingly, it always seems to be when im going for a breakthrough dose. I just got some premium vector butane but havent refilled the lighters yet. Ive been left with psychedelic blue balls too many times too count.

ducdevil
#9 Posted : 1/10/2016 7:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mighty is a changa machine extraordinaire...

azureus66
#10 Posted : 1/10/2016 11:54:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I use a cheap bulb pipe and a heat gun from hardware store that has adj temp settings. I also install a vinyl tube to lengthen pipe from my face and partially melt closed the mouth tip to restrict air flow to allow for a slow even hit allowing the vapor to expand in my lungs more slowly. the heat gun distance from the pipe and temp take a few tries to get down, but once you do it is very smooth for large hits.

eDNA
#11 Posted : 1/11/2016 3:31:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
Mighty is a changa machine extraordinaire...

Won't you please expand on that. What/how/temperatures, would be grateful for as much detail as possible.

ducdevil
#12 Posted : 1/11/2016 4:10:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

eDNA - sure!

the key is in the "small print"...in the instruction booklet i found something i had missed previously: it says if the bowl is not completely filled, it is best to place a liquid pad on top of the material. i tried that and the results were quite pleasing. i have played around with temps, but 370-375F was quite lovely. these were sub-breakthrough; that's exactly what i wanted as i experimented. this was with "Electric Sheep".

i have experimented with other hand-held vapes; the Mighty was the only one i found that could produce consistent and pleasing experiences. i tried the Arizer air, and neglected to place a screen in the glass tube, and the voyage was spent picking pieces of material from my mouth! yuk. very distracting.

i have also done some research using eCig/ejuice concoctions: while it is certainly a viable conduit, it is, essentially, pretty immeasurable if using a tank. i should add, however, with an experienced vaper using modern sub ohm tanks available (i used the Arctic with a .5ohm coil at a really low 25watts), hyperspace is only a couple of drags away. yet, i like to be precise; with those types of clouds, it is near impossible to know. using a dripper might bring more accuracy; i like the convenience of tanks...especially while attempting to launch.

but, in the end, the Mighty is a beast!!! best i've tried so far. the "Crafty" would probably work just as well; it just has half the battery life.

hope that helps!

eDNA
#13 Posted : 1/11/2016 5:29:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for posting.
First of all, what do you think of post #1 in this thread where the temperature of 150°C was mentioned in that context vs. 180°C mentioned for other devices on the forum...

In your context the liquid pad went on top but obviously for the original context it goes on the bottom if Crafty/Mighty are used, right?

So very basic questions, about precise steps:

Out of the box never turned on Crafty/Mighty:
Liquid pad on bottom, 50mg on top (less would be a good idea for beginners). Temperature set to... what... 150°C precisely?

And then you wait until what, you see smoke coming out, or certain precise time period...?

And finally, if the Crafty/Mighty are flat out dropped, there is no danger as there would be if other devices with very hot parts were dropped and made contact with things they should not make contact with, correct?

Thanks again.

ducdevil
#14 Posted : 1/11/2016 6:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my experience with the Mighty is only with Changa; for that i find it immensely great.

i would not use the Mighty/Crafty/other electronic vape with xtals....but that's just me.

IMO - xtal should only be experienced with the GVG; after much research, i concur with the majority of folks here - the GVG simply cannot be beat for pure experience success, once technique is mastered.

i should add, however, that with the GVG i have found the BEST way (once again, for me) is using a Health Stone as the "launch pad" - it fits perfectly in the lower chamber, with the 2nd glass piece placed on top. after i tried that, nothing came close.

yup - everyone was right....the GVG is king. Thumbs up

peace

eDNA
#15 Posted : 1/11/2016 1:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All right. For better or for worse *if* just *if* the Crafty/Mighty were the only things available, would you comment on your thoughts as far as how it would be used, as obvious as this is to anyone remotely familiar with the process, can you post for people who have never had any experience whatsoever with this or anything else...

Separate from that, the Storz & Bickel pricing of the Crafty/Mighty make them simply impossible to compare value-wise - they are just so almost unjustifiably expensive.

However, if, again just *if* the price was the same between them and the GVG, could you separately post about the limitations (other than the price and the battery) that make the Crafty/Mighty inferior to GVG?

ducdevil
#16 Posted : 1/11/2016 2:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first, let me say i am no expert by any means. i have just experimented with things; learning from mistakes, failures and occasionally nailing it and having a beautiful success. that being said...

honestly, at this point if i had to choose, the GVG would win. it can be used for both leaf and xtal. perhaps, according to some, not so great for leaf, but it does work. after all, that is what it was created for; cannabis use. for xtal, it truly is unsurpassed. get a Health Stone and you are set for life.

the money spent on an electronic vape is mainly for convenience and stealth. and for some, that cost is not justifiable nor possible. i understand that. is it worth the $$$? if one can afford it, it is....if one cannot, then no. not having to deal with a flame and glass whilst blasting off is luxurious, but not necessary.

to reiterate, i am NO expert. i am a humble explorer, relatively new here, and trying to be a sponge for information, helping out when i can.

best of luck to you in your voyages Smile

steppa
#17 Posted : 1/11/2016 3:48:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
my experience with the Mighty is only with Changa; for that i find it immensely great.

Is one able to get the smell out of it afterwards? I've recently bought a crafty but I'm hesitating to use it for DMT/Changa because I'm afraid the smell will stick to it.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

eDNA
#18 Posted : 1/11/2016 3:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The smell is absolutely a problem according to multiple forum postings.
Some suggest buying an extra mouth piece to help with this.

It would be nice if there was a post on detailed cleaning immediately after use, starting with how soon to do it and exactly what to use and how.

I think the convenience of Crafty/Might here is if you have no one to help/guide you to the point of "once you figure out how to use it" stage other devices require. The convenience of Crafty/Mighty is not having to deal with heat/torches/flames. With Crafty/Mighty, I think there is no worry about the hot device, so you can be free to engage yourself in other things... My impression is that you can freely drop it and it won't harm you or set anything on fire. I hope I'm not wrong on this.

The $ is a problem. A big problem. But the worry of having to waste time and other things on learning other devices might be expensive too.

I mean it's one thing if you have someone showing you what to do but if you are alone, on your own, you may not be mastering this on the first try if you use anything other than the Crafty/Mighty... and if that is wrong, then the Crafty/Mighty are not worth the big bucks to beginners.

ducdevil
#19 Posted : 1/11/2016 4:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some dislike the smell.
I actually like it.
Some describe it as like a plastic smell.
I describe it as a smell that is not of our world.
It doesn't smell like plastic to me; It smells like energy from another dimension.
Like a mystical sacrament.

azureus66
#20 Posted : 1/12/2016 1:19:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Agreed
I love the smell of DMT in the morning.
"It smells like victory" -Robert Duvall-

123NEXT