We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
High Dose Mushroom Experiment Options

DmnStr8
#1 Posted : 3/13/2015 11:38:18 PM

Come what may

HDME is what I am calling it! lol

I am in chat and someone recommends this video. This guys consumes 30 grams of mushrooms. His name is Kilindi Iyi.

https://vimeo.com/75940226

This guys has peaked my interest. The experiences he describes and the way that he is using mushrooms is amazing. I always seek to push the envelope. I want to be in the middle of the ocean of my mind. Jump into the abyss.

I will document my safe and gradual steps to taking such the higher doses as described in the video. I am experienced with mushrooms. I know what to expect and my goal is to do this safely and learn as much as I can. My goal will be to start with what Terence McKenna called a heroic dose of five grams and move up in increments of five until I feel too uncomfortable or unwilling to continue. I will learn my threshold. I want to share whatever knowledge I gain from this experiment. I feel it is a worthy endeavor.

I need to prepare myself for this and am doing so right now. I am watching my diet, exercise, and am meditating in preparation for my journies. I have a deep excitement building in me, the anticipation is wonderful.

While I prepare myself and my mushrooms I would like to hear what people think about this. If you have had a high dose experience or breakthrough on mushrooms I would love to hear about it.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

didnof
#2 Posted : 3/17/2015 11:26:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What mushrooms are you planning on taking out of interest?

I've only ever had Liberty Cap mushrooms and with these you need to take quite a lot, for example 50 is considered a large dose although I have never weighed them. Other mushrooms I know a few will give you a good trip although these are considerably bigger.

Do you know if there's much difference per dose of different mushrooms when dried out, eg 30g of dry Liberty Caps compared to 30 g of another variant?

Just Say Know
#3 Posted : 3/17/2015 2:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope to undergo this experiment one day as well Smile good luck friend! may the force and power of awesomeness be with you! if you have a bad trip pet the furry wall!

pet the furrry waaalll! furry wall! furry waaaalllll! and that is why you never smoke a jefrey (ha ha!)

but in seriousness; i hope that you have the utmost amazing experience and that you gain your breakthrough with smooth sailing-- *sending good vibes* Smile personally i'll try this with A. Mexicana

but always remember; even the most difficult trips can also be some of the most rewarding. i've heard mushrooms become a completely different drug once you hit a certain dosage and things suddenly get really intense......

but yeah; tell us what you experience man! i'm glad to hear your enthusiasm and excitement Smile just don't consume your body weight in them.... but also; due just keep in mind you can technically fatally overdose on mushrooms but it's hard because you have to consume ALOT of them. just figure out what would be your lethal dose and don't take that much Razz

steppa
#4 Posted : 3/17/2015 2:51:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

didnof wrote:

Do you know if there's much difference per dose of different mushrooms when dried out, eg 30g of dry Liberty Caps compared to 30 g of another variant?

There is!
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

3rdI
#5 Posted : 3/17/2015 2:57:31 PM

veni, vidi, spici

(may not be accurate but i only did a quick search)
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

didnof
#6 Posted : 3/17/2015 8:03:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi 3rdl, thanks thats a great reference. i had a feeling my question had an obvious answer and this confirms it Smile

will have to look out for those azurescens Wink

joedirt
#7 Posted : 3/17/2015 8:52:42 PM

Not I

DmnStr8 wrote:
My goal will be to start with what Terence McKenna called a heroic dose of five grams and move up in increments of five until I feel too uncomfortable or unwilling to continue

If you make it past 10 I'll be thoroughly surprised and I sincerely hope you have a sitter present..

My largest dose was 7.5 grams and that had my writhing in bed with tears pouring down my face and unable to distinguish actually reality for about 6 hours... and yeah it was awesome and I felt amazing for weeks afterwards.

They were cubensis...

I have never repeated that dose. I stay in the 2-4 gram range now..and I get plenty visionary depth.

Be safe. Rememeber it's not how large of a dose you take, but what you get from the dose you take
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Redguard
#8 Posted : 3/17/2015 10:57:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
HDME is what I am calling it! lol

I am in chat and someone recommends this video. This guys consumes 30 grams of mushrooms. His name is Kilindi Iyi.

https://vimeo.com/75940226

This guys has peaked my interest. The experiences he describes and the way that he is using mushrooms is amazing. I always seek to push the envelope. I want to be in the middle of the ocean of my mind. Jump into the abyss.

The experiment will begin soon. I will document my safe and gradual steps to taking such the higher doses as described in the video. I am experienced with mushrooms. I know what to expect and my goal is to do this safely and learn as much as I can. My goal will be to start with what Terence McKenna called a heroic dose of five grams and move up in increments of five until I feel too uncomfortable or unwilling to continue. I will learn my threshold. I want to share whatever knowledge I gain from this experiment. I feel it is a worthy endeavor.

The experiment will be starting soon. I need to prepare myself for this and am doing so right now. I am watching my diet, exercise, and am meditating in preparation for my journies. I have a deep excitement building in me, the anticipation is wonderful.

While I prepare myself and my mushrooms I would like to hear what people think about this. If you have had a high dose experience or breakthrough on mushrooms I would love to hear about it.

What's the largest dose you've taken? I've only had a few 5+ gram experiences and they were beautiful mind expanding trips but..... I also put myself in a lot of danger. You get in these pretty insane thought loops and at the end of them you may come to the conclusion that it's a good idea to go for a walk without any clothes on when it's -20 outside Twisted Evil

Definitely get a sitter, one that is experienced with high dose trips. To the laymen you will look like you are poisoned and very sick. If things start going south the last thing you want is to be woken up strapped to a hospital bed! You get to a certain point that increasing dosage on mushroom has an almost exponential effect on your trips. So I advise after you get an ego death, don't keep on upping the dosage 5 grams. As a fellow psychonaut it seems to me that you haven't found your limit yet. So this could be a very good experience for you, one that could surely force you to make more intelligent decisions in the future. I mean no insult by this, I've been where you are at. If you actually go through with this and come out the other side, maybe we'll share some war stories Smile
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 3/17/2015 11:06:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

DmnStr8 wrote:
My goal will be to start with what Terence McKenna called a heroic dose of five grams and move up in increments of five until I feel too uncomfortable or unwilling to continue

Why?

Taking so-called "heroic" doses doesn't make you a hero.

Kilindi has his ideas about what is valuable for/from psychedelic experiences. Personally, he seems rather fixated on size, when, ime, experiences are not always dose-dependent and metabolisms differ from one person to the next. I have no problem with his fixation on size, except when he starts to put it onto other people. I don't really care if his is bigger...what's he doing with it?

For me, it's not the size of the dose, but the quality of the experience and what you do with it in waking life that matters.

Please be careful if you do decide to undertake this. The range you are looking at presents, imo, significant potential for harm (psychological and/or physical). Please give it deep thought before marching in gung-ho. An experienced sitter is strongly-advised.

Be well.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

universecannon
#10 Posted : 3/17/2015 11:44:32 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It is impossible to explain a trainwreck mushroom freakout to someone until it happens to them. You can trip hundreds of times and think "it'll never happen to me", but there is never guarantees.

Moving up incrementally 5 grams at a time is just asking for trouble. I would suggest against attempting this regardless, but if for some reason you're dead set on focusing on dosage (which, like snozz, I don't understand since it's about the experience...I mean, the same dosage can be entirely different at any given time), why not increase the amount much slower? Say, by half a gram? Trust me, it pays to be cautious with high doses of mushrooms.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 3/18/2015 12:07:32 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Keep with the level of excitement. It is worth it. My metabolism of mushrooms isn't on par with most. I actually need more. If you are this kind of person I understand craving higher doses.

Listen to the internal command. I think, no I believe if your intent is on exploring the high dose it is possible to jump straight to it. I've done it. It was worth it. I jumped from 2.5g to 12g aprox. It was phenomenal. But they where homegrown and produced nice comfortable experience so I had no fears for going deep. Use the same shrooms.

The intensity jacks up and having a solid grounded state of mind is absolutely required. Weird things may happen. Somehow Kilindi Iyi makes it sound like it's perfectly safe. And in my experience it is. But only if you are sure you can handle it. If you are sure you are fine then you will. I cut the dose in half and drank one. Then made an internal conversation before proceeding to drink the rest.

You do kind of feel like a hero if you impeccable in ur consciousness and feel invulnerable then when the trip is over it's like coming out a humble hero. I feel like i'm protected by angels of sorts, that helps. I did krav maga training and fighting and I believe this helps bring out warrior mentality. Just like Kilindi Iyi is more of a warrior than a psychonaut.

I'm nowhere near the state of mind that I was (meditating, training, eating well, staying sober) so I hesitate to dose again. But if you feel like you are in this golden time of ur life.. I say make the most out of it. It is a golden opportunity.

DmnStr8
#12 Posted : 3/18/2015 12:46:06 AM

Come what may

I appreciate the concern some of you have voiced. I will be safe. I agree completely that it would better for me to increase the dosage in smaller increments. That is sound advice I hear loud and clear. I have also acquired a very capable sitter that has my best interests in mind and will tell me if something seems unsafe.

This isn't a game for me. I intend to approach this with fun but I assure everyone I do this for good reasons. I am excited for this. I am prepared mentally. I have very good reasons for this endeavor. Sir Edmund Hillary wrote "We do not conquer the mountains, we conquer ourselves" This isn't about how much mushrooms I can take. This isn't about getting to the top of the mountain. It's about climbing and pushing myself. It's about conquering myself.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#13 Posted : 3/18/2015 12:47:54 AM

Come what may

Infectedstyle wrote:
Keep with the level of excitement. It is worth it. My metabolism of mushrooms isn't on par with most. I actually need more. If you are this kind of person I understand craving higher doses.

Listen to the internal command. I think, no I believe if your intent is on exploring the high dose it is possible to jump straight to it. I've done it. It was worth it. I jumped from 2.5g to 12g aprox. It was phenomenal. But they where homegrown and produced nice comfortable experience so I had no fears for going deep. Use the same shrooms.

The intensity jacks up and having a solid grounded state of mind is absolutely required. Weird things may happen. Somehow Kilindi Iyi makes it sound like it's perfectly safe. And in my experience it is. But only if you are sure you can handle it. If you are sure you are fine then you will. I cut the dose in half and drank one. Then made an internal conversation before proceeding to drink the rest.

You do kind of feel like a hero if you impeccable in ur consciousness and feel invulnerable then when the trip is over it's like coming out a humble hero. I feel like i'm protected by angels of sorts, that helps. I did krav maga training and fighting and I believe this helps bring out warrior mentality. Just like Kilindi Iyi is more of a warrior than a psychonaut.

I'm nowhere near the state of mind that I was (meditating, training, eating well, staying sober) so I hesitate to dose again. But if you feel like you are in this golden time of ur life.. I say make the most out of it. It is a golden opportunity.

I am a warrior!!!!

joedirt
#14 Posted : 3/18/2015 1:07:52 AM

Not I

This guy does not sound like the poster child for mental stability.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Koornut
#15 Posted : 3/18/2015 1:23:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:

This guy does not sound like the poster child for mental stability.

I think all the hyperspace "enemies" that Iyi speaks of might hail from somewhere closer than he thinks, from within. But hey, he's got more balls than me on the matter. Laughing

Good luck DSTR8, what an adventure. Very happy
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Infectedstyle
#16 Posted : 3/18/2015 1:34:13 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

DmnStr8 wrote:

I am a warrior!!!!

DmnStr8!

universecannon
#17 Posted : 3/18/2015 1:45:09 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

In regards to ayahuasca...he says "it's pretty difficult to try to drink a couple of gallons of the stuff to be able to get enough of it in you to have actual access to the realms that I'm talking about."

I guess he's never heard of reducing the brew...? (or even drank it) Surprised

It's stuff like this that make me take Kilindi with a big grain of salt

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

didnof
#18 Posted : 3/18/2015 8:07:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The largest mushroom dose I ever had has become a fabled retold story amongst those who were there many times for all the wrong reasons. This took place when I was 16, so 19 years ago now and we came across a field with ridiculous amounts of semilanceata mushrooms in it. We would start picking a clump of say 20-30, pick half and then see a bigger clump and start picking again. About an hour later the 3 of us must have picked 600-700. We went back to my friends house, and we didn’t have time to dry them so of all methods to consume we put about 150 each of them raw into pot noodles (threw away a considerable amount) and started eating them (got no idea of the weight of these dry). With them being raw they were difficult to get down, and we were coming up alarmingly strong before we had even finished. My friend was still living with his parents at the time, our plan was to chill in and play computer games but due to the sheer intensity and speed of the comeup we decided to venture out to save his parents finding out. Big mistake.

Things went horribly wrong very quick! We were becoming very disoriented with very strong visuals and were struggling to walk straight and lost one of the group . Me and my remaining friend decided to sit by the side of the road and watch the car headlights drive past, we found this fascinating, until one of the headlights stopped. Unfortunately for us the car that stopped was a police van and as they were speaking to us my friend was trying to touch them to see if they were real. My next memory is that me and my friend were handcuffed in the back of the police van and he was knelt in front of me calling my name repeatedly but I was too shocked to respond! I estimate this to be about 1hr – 1hr 30 into the trip.

My next memory was being at the police station and being told to empty my pockets, upon which I produced a bottle of poppers and 10 grams of weed, great start! My next memory was being interviewed and not understanding anything they were saying, it was like the equivalent of explaining the inner workings of the cosmos to an ant, I must have looked in a pretty sorry state.

My next memory was waking up in the cell and looking around me, the first thing i saw was looking at the floor, and a mountain range justgrew up from nowhere, when i called them one of them opened the shutter and all I saw instead of a human face was a ghostly white alien looking back at me. Eventually I got let out with a warning and a slap on the wrist – not the finest moment of my life but I think I’ll put it down to youthful inexperience as thinking about it some very basic rules were broken! The friend we lost managed to get home and was immediately intercepted by his parents and had the grilling of his life! So a pretty grim experience all round but it has its funny side to it looking back!

I think the moral of the story is, go easy on the dosage Smile

form is emptiness
#19 Posted : 3/18/2015 9:25:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not entirely certain, but from prior experience I believe that dosing over say around 15g the experience looses its value, its 'workability'. While psilocybin has very low 'toxicity', the brain can only comfortably consciously handle so much before the experience transforms from a 'trip' to a trial of staying conscious and not succumbing to passing or blacking out, or calling 911. I would say that there is a max limit to dosing in the sense that taking more does not equal an ever increasing depth of experience or 'breakthrough', but just a shutting down of consciousness.

Many experiences around 10g and they were all more than deep enough.

Usually dosing around 5g and then another 5g about 1.5 to 2 hours later which allows for a less disconcerting come up.

If you're looking to really boost the experience perhaps consider combing 150mg harmalas with just 3g of cubes. And then increment further trips by an additional gram.

The deepest I've ever gone was with 8g cubensis and 150mg of harmalas which was way way too strong but also absolutely amazing with visionary visuals - think being trapped in DMT hyperspace for a 6 hour peak. I spent most of that time on my knees cooling off in a cold shower, in the winter. Soon after come up I was purging from both ends at the same time. I did however feel really great and squeaky clean as the unbearable peak started wearing off - when the trip leveled out to a manageable peak for another 3 hours. While severely strong, I remained calm and did not allow the experience to fall into fear, coming out of it with a big cheesy grin. I'm guessing that this psilohuasca dose was equivalent to more than 20g of cubes. I know I would never even think about ever again taking a similar dose, somewhat regrettably since the visuals from the first 15min and on the come down were quite awesome.

Be safe and dose with care.

jamie
#20 Posted : 3/18/2015 4:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Kilindi is interesting...he is a member here. Maybe he will chime in.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»