CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options
 
slugware
#61 Posted : 9/16/2015 4:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 194
Joined: 06-Dec-2011
Last visit: 08-Dec-2019
hey, Makeshift

thanks for your illustration, mate. I've vaped spice off a bong, which in my modest experience isn't that effective, don't know how much i am buring, how much is effectively administered, just seemed to me as if i am wasting a lot of spice... so i'm looking either after gettin a glass VG, a regular classic VG, and just as of today - i've included dab rig as an option.

Can you share the name/model of your glass piece of tool, so i'd be checking it out ?

Best regards!
 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
Make Shift
#62 Posted : 9/16/2015 5:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
Hey Slugware,

I don't know the name man, got it as a gift from a friend.
There is considerable difference between bong and dab rig. Bong just is another smoking pipe with water. Also with a bong you need to literally burn the thing you want to smoke like cannabis or changa or herbs. Bong is suited for changa but not for freebase.
With a dab rig you either heat your nail with a blow torch or use an e-nail, heat the nail upto atleast 400 degree F (forget what the websites say about boiling/evaporation temp of dmt), and then you take your spice and drop it on the hot nail, the spice will vaporize almost instantly leaving absolutely no residue if you take less than 50 mg, higher the temp quicker the vaporisation. You need a carb cap or the vapours will just go upto in the air, you need to have your mouth on the mouth piece very slowly pulling when you load the spice on the nail, take a decent 5 second pull, hold it in for 15 seconds. You will definitely break through. Just don't wait for the spice to vaporize and then start inhaling, because the spice will vaporize even before you know it. I heat my nail to 600-700 degree, relax for a while, take a few deep breathe, by when the temp will be down to 400 degree F. You can hit it anywhere between 350-400 degree F for instant vaporization. I use a ceramic nail which retains heat for a long time, so I can wait about half a minute before I load and blast off.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
slugware
#63 Posted : 9/16/2015 5:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 194
Joined: 06-Dec-2011
Last visit: 08-Dec-2019
thanks for the detailed information! Much appreciation! Pleased
 
vin9x
#64 Posted : 9/16/2015 6:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 31
Joined: 11-Jan-2015
Last visit: 21-Jul-2019
Hmm, seeing that good dab rigs are pretty expensive, it will probably be a while until I buy one for myself.
Maybe a friend gets one in the future, who knows Very happy

But if I understood you correctly, you already own a GVG.
If so, you could invest the 12 $ and get a straight ceramic filter from VaporGenie and try my method one time.
You cannot compare it to a GVG with steel or copper wool in my opinion. The very high surface area and great heat conductivity of the ceramic filter makes the dmt vaporize very quickly once the lighter is close enough and it is basically impossible to burn the dmt (I even had the GVG filter glowing red one time) unless you maybe inhale extremely quickly (but then you obviously won't be able to get a full dose in).

Oh and I totally see the advantage of instantaneous vaporization when dabbing and just to be clear the things about dmt melting into the pipe or burning referred to the pipe+liquid pad (steel wool) combination but if the only advantage is shorter inhalation/vaporization time then it's not enough for me to justify buying a dab rig at the moment.


 
Heyt
#65 Posted : 9/16/2015 7:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 71
Joined: 23-Aug-2015
Last visit: 08-Jan-2016
Hi slugware, you don't need to drop $150 on a rig if you're on a budget. Check out this site, they have rigs as cheap as $40. No need to break the bank, the advantages of pricier rigs don't really apply to DMT.

http://dabwizard.com/multi/category/Rigs

This video explains how dabbing works, though all you really need is a rig, a dabber tool, and a torch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ulvmBH4jQ

Btw, never use butane, it's a scam. These propane torches last a whole year of full time dabbing (butane runs out every week) and only cost $4 to refill instead of $20 with butane. http://www.mscdirect.com...724&CS_010=43873249

EDIT: vin9x, dabbing also makes the vapor not harsh at all and flavorless, if you're into that. Plus you don't have to adjust your rate of inhalation. But if you're satisfied with the GVG, keep doing what works.
 
Make Shift
#66 Posted : 9/16/2015 7:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
Hey Heyt,
I use butane and like you said it runs out too quick.
But I'm not quite sure I can find propane here.
Thanks for that anyway.
But does propane burn off like butane leaving absolutely no residue?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
Heyt
#67 Posted : 9/16/2015 8:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 71
Joined: 23-Aug-2015
Last visit: 08-Jan-2016
Make Shift wrote:
Hey Heyt,
I use butane and like you said it runs out too quick.
But I'm not quite sure I can find propane here.
Thanks for that anyway.
But does propane burn off like butane leaving absolutely no residue?


Yep, and propane actually burns a lot hotter so it takes less time (and less hydrocarbons) to heat up the nail. If you're in the US propane can be found at any hardware store or gas station. It's very ubiquitous.
 
Make Shift
#68 Posted : 9/16/2015 8:35:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
No man, i'm in dubai, it's difficult to find anything here. My dab rig too came in from the US.
But I will check around to fine propane, if they've butane I don't see any reason why they would not have any propane.
You use a dab rig too for your freebase?
Hot or cold water?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
slugware
#69 Posted : 9/16/2015 8:46:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 194
Joined: 06-Dec-2011
Last visit: 08-Dec-2019
vin9x wrote:

But if I understood you correctly, you already own a GVG.



I'm not sure if you were reffering to me, but if so - nope, i don't own one


Heyt wrote:
Hi slugware, you don't need to drop $150 on a rig if you're on a budget. Check out this site, they have rigs as cheap as $40. No need to break the bank, the advantages of pricier rigs don't really apply to DMT.

http://dabwizard.com/multi/category/Rigs

This video explains how dabbing works, though all you really need is a rig, a dabber tool, and a torch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ulvmBH4jQ

Btw, never use butane, it's a scam. These propane torches last a whole year of full time dabbing (butane runs out every week) and only cost $4 to refill instead of $20 with butane. http://www.mscdirect.com...724&CS_010=43873249

EDIT: vin9x, dabbing also makes the vapor not harsh at all and flavorless, if you're into that. Plus you don't have to adjust your rate of inhalation. But if you're satisfied with the GVG, keep doing what works.


hey, Heyt, really appreciate your help with this, man !
I see this site offers a wide variety of rigs. Thanks for directing me to that video too Pleased
I'm also after a good torch lighter, regardless of what device i end up using. Will be following this thread closely, very useful information shared by you guys here.


 
Make Shift
#70 Posted : 9/16/2015 8:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
It's easier than it looks slugware, almost fool proof. If I could do it, anybody can. I'm a complete non smoker, never smoked in my life. It's that easy.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
vin9x
#71 Posted : 9/16/2015 9:54:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 31
Joined: 11-Jan-2015
Last visit: 21-Jul-2019
Heyt wrote:
EDIT: vin9x, dabbing also makes the vapor not harsh at all and flavorless, if you're into that. Plus you don't have to adjust your rate of inhalation. But if you're satisfied with the GVG, keep doing what works.

Again, I really have a hard time imagining less harsh vapor than what I get from my GVG.
Since there is no burning dmt in either of the two administration methods, both are probably equal in terms of vapor quality.

However, this discussion is for the ones who still have to decide which way they will go.
We are both happy with our techniques so that's great.
I just felt the need to defend the GVG a little bit because most of what is being written here is also true for the GVG when used with the ceramic filter Very happy
 
Heyt
#72 Posted : 9/16/2015 10:32:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 71
Joined: 23-Aug-2015
Last visit: 08-Jan-2016
vin9x wrote:
Heyt wrote:
EDIT: vin9x, dabbing also makes the vapor not harsh at all and flavorless, if you're into that. Plus you don't have to adjust your rate of inhalation. But if you're satisfied with the GVG, keep doing what works.

Again, I really have a hard time imagining less harsh vapor than what I get from my GVG.
Since there is no burning dmt in either of the two administration methods, both are probably equal in terms of vapor quality.

However, this discussion is for the ones who still have to decide which way they will go.
We are both happy with our techniques so that's great.
I just felt the need to defend the GVG a little bit because most of what is being written here is also true for the GVG when used with the ceramic filter Very happy


Big grin Thumbs up
 
Make Shift
#73 Posted : 9/17/2015 11:05:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
vin9x wrote:
Heyt wrote:
EDIT: vin9x, dabbing also makes the vapor not harsh at all and flavorless, if you're into that. Plus you don't have to adjust your rate of inhalation. But if you're satisfied with the GVG, keep doing what works.

Again, I really have a hard time imagining less harsh vapor than what I get from my GVG.
Since there is no burning dmt in either of the two administration methods, both are probably equal in terms of vapor quality.

However, this discussion is for the ones who still have to decide which way they will go.
We are both happy with our techniques so that's great.
I just felt the need to defend the GVG a little bit because most of what is being written here is also true for the GVG when used with the ceramic filter Very happy


Hey Vin9x,

I have never used the GVG, but seen videos of it being used, I have to tell you with regards to vaporizing freebase crystals, dab rig is the way to go. You need to be heating the GVG a long time with the pipe in your mouth. Yes you need to heat the nail on the dab rig quite a long time, but you don't need your mouth there on the pipe. In terms of efficiency and smoothness dab rig should be smoother since the vapor passes through water and percolators and honeycombs. Only advantage I see with GVG is it's portability.

In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
3rdI
#74 Posted : 9/17/2015 11:32:46 AM

veni, vidi, spici


Posts: 3642
Joined: 05-Aug-2011
Last visit: 22-Sep-2017
how can you say that a dab rig is better than a GVG when you have never used a GVG? that seems odd.

Im not saying the rig isnt better, i havent tried it and it sounds efficient, but as Vin9x has pointed out, with a properly set up GVG, and a little practice, you can quite quickly vape a breakthrough dose in a single hit of smooth cool vapour without much bother with doses of 20-30 mg.

it seems odd that you would discount something that you havent tried that is so highly regarded by the community.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

 
Make Shift
#75 Posted : 9/17/2015 11:38:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
Hey 3RDI, no man, it's not like that. I watched too many videos of people doing it, I find it odd that you keep the pipe in the mouth and heat it for considerably a long time. Me being a non smoker feel that when the vapor passes through water it feels much better and easier to hold it in. That being said, for me surely the dab rig is the way to go with crystals. I think when you say the community, most of them use the GvG for changa.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
3rdI
#76 Posted : 9/17/2015 11:55:27 AM

veni, vidi, spici


Posts: 3642
Joined: 05-Aug-2011
Last visit: 22-Sep-2017
watching people who dont have a correct set up isnt any help, a poor set up will lead to inefficiant results, the difference between having a single screen in the chamber and a ceramic disc is massive.
would you discount dabbing after watching someone have poor results due to heating the nail to 50 degrees?

With a pre-melted dose in a ceramic disc i just light the lighter and begin to inhale, by the time the breathe is finished the dose is consumed and the world is frequently dissolving before i finish the breathe.

by community i mean people of the Nexus, irrelevant of what they are putting in there GVG's. i just think its a bit silly to rule something out that is recommended just because you have a hunch, im not saying go out and buy a GVG, but dont rule it out without trying it, many non smokers have recommended its use due to smoothness.

I think the GVG is more useful for crystals than changa due to the different vaping temps of harmala's and DMT. It can be done though, but crystals in a GVG and changa in the bonga is the way to go for me.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

 
Make Shift
#77 Posted : 9/17/2015 1:53:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
Sorry 3rdI, maybe I shouldn't have been judgemental, what you say makes absolute sense. So you pre melt the crystals first ha? I think that's good, i'm sorry, once I say the guys were heating the thing for a good one minute or so and I wondered what was all the hubhub about it. But the way you explain it, it sounds like a good way. When you say one hit, how many seconds of pull would that be?

Do you have a pic of the bong you use for changa? I'm wondering if I can use my dab rig itself with a bowl or if I need to buy a new bong.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
3rdI
#78 Posted : 9/17/2015 2:13:53 PM

veni, vidi, spici


Posts: 3642
Joined: 05-Aug-2011
Last visit: 22-Sep-2017
i use this bong, a HV56A300, its 30 cm tall and has nice thick 5mm glass.



normally with one of these attached..



i find it very useful when using oral harmalas and smoalking as it removes any fiddling about trying to reload and allows me to ride a long beautiful psychedelic wave. you can fit 100mg of 1:1 infused mullein in each cone.

my pulls on my GVG are maybe 20 secs, 30 secs max. I do some breathing exercises as part of my meditation and found that that also helped with this type of thing.

having bestowed the virtues of GVG and bongs, i can say I do look forward to trying dabbing.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

 
Make Shift
#79 Posted : 9/17/2015 3:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 188
Joined: 26-Jul-2015
Last visit: 08-May-2018
Location: where all my dreams become reality
That's nice man, 5mm thick is good. What is the image in the bottom? Is that a bowl or so? Will it fit a 14-18 mm size female/male? Or only with down stem diffusers?
20 second pull ha? Now that's a pretty long pull, I can't manage more than 10, but with the dab rig 6 seconds are plenty, yeh you should try it man.

Also can you link me to a site that sells the bottom image thing? Do you mean to say that each hole will hold 100mg? Is that what everybody refers to as changa "cone"? Also how much did that bong and that other thing cost?


Don't you think a bong with a bend like this would be available? Think this would be easier?
Make Shift attached the following image(s):
11992243_1015111168520631_208436757_n_edit.jpg (152kb) downloaded 260 time(s).
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.
 
3rdI
#80 Posted : 9/17/2015 4:21:09 PM

veni, vidi, spici


Posts: 3642
Joined: 05-Aug-2011
Last visit: 22-Sep-2017
the bottom image is a 6 shooter, its a rotating set of 6 cones, when one is smoalked you just spin the top and line up the next cone. It screws into a regular metal down pipe just like a bowl or a cone does. I can fit 100mg in each cone.

6 shooter was £6
bong was £22

Just google 6 shooter, shouldnt be hard to find.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

 
«PREV23456NEXT»
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.229 seconds.