We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Monkey King and the Mangoes Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 3/4/2015 7:58:05 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Once upon a time, the Buddha came into the world as a Monkey King and ruled over 80,000 monkeys. He was very tall and strong and had wisdom like the sun. In his kingdom on the banks of the Ganges River, there was a mango tree as big as the moon. The 80,000 monkeys jumped from branch to branch chattering and eating the lovely fruit that was big and sweet and delicious. Sometimes a ripe mango fell into the river.

One day, the Monkey King strolled downstream and came upon a river palace where a human king lived. "Soon danger will come if the mangoes float downstream," he told the monkeys. "Pick all the mangoes and flowers on the trees and take them deep into the forest."

But one mango, hidden by a bird's nest, was left unseen by the 80,000 monkeys. When it was large and ripe, it fell into the river and floated downstream where the human king was bathing.

The human king, who was very curious, tasted the beautiful mango. "This is delicious!' he exclaimed. "I must have more. Servants, find all the mangoes and bring them to me at once!"

Deep in the forest, the servants found hundreds of mango trees. In the trees were the 80,000 monkeys. When the human king heard about the monkeys, he was very angry, "The monkeys are eating my mangoes. Kill them all!" he ordered his archers.

"Very well," said the archers and chased the monkeys to the edge of the forest where they came to a deep cliff. There was no way for the monkeys to escape. Shivering with fright, they ran to the Monkey King asked, "What shall we do?"

"Don't be afraid. I will save you," said their king. Quickly, he stretched his huge body as far as possible and made a bridge over the cliff to a bamboo grove on the other side.

"Come monkeys, run across my back to the bamboo grove," he called. And so the 80,000 monkeys escaped.

The human king watched all that happened. He was amazed, "This Monkey King has risked his life to save his whole troop! And all I'm doing is being selfish. I have learned a great lesson." Then he called to his archers, "Put down your bows. It isn't right to kill this King of Monkeys."

Forgetting about the mangoes, the human king went back to his palace by the river and ruled kindly and wisely for the rest of his life.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cubeananda
#2 Posted : 3/5/2015 12:09:52 AM

jai

Dreamoar! Did you write this?Very happy

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 3/5/2015 12:59:11 AM

Dreamoar

This comes from a series of old buddhist stories known as the Jataka tales. I thought some people here would appreciate it. Big grin
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

null24
#4 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:31:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Perhaps the beauty of the tale lies in the fact that the Monkey King had no notion that his action would soften the heart of the human king.

How are you that monkey King? Or are you the human one? Or perhaps you are one of the monkeys, or how about one of the archers?

Wut?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SynKyd
#5 Posted : 3/5/2015 3:32:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Perhaps the beauty of the tale lies in the fact that the Monkey King had no notion that his action would soften the heart of the human king.

How are you that monkey King? Or are you the human one? Or perhaps you are one of the monkeys, or how about one of the archers?

Wut?

Or the seed of a mango, or the leaf of a bamboo shoot in the grove, or a stone in the castle..........
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 3/5/2015 4:30:39 AM

Dreamoar

Quote:
"I must have more. Servants, find all the mangoes and bring them to me at once!"
^^^
This is my personal stance. Twisted Evil

DeltaSpice
#7 Posted : 3/5/2015 10:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The king should have gone to Waitrose supermarket, they sell mango chunks pre cut and packaged.
Maybe treat himself to some cake while he's there Rolling eyes