We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Laminar Flowhood (HEPA) Build Questions Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 3/3/2015 10:14:41 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

I put this together over the past few days and have an issue :- Uneven Air Flow Sad

The blower is a Kruger KDD 7/7 165W 4P-1 1SY w/mf 1300rpm
The HEPA is a 610mm x 305mm x 70mm 0.3um 99.9991% H14 fibreglass media with a aluminium frame.
The pre-filter is an opel corsa (spp of car) air filter

holding a lighter or even a hand infront of the hepa filter exposes the fact that the airflow is not even - there is enough airflow near the top and bottom of the filter to most often extinguish a lighter flame whereas the pressure around rest of the workspace is even and doesnt extinguish the flame but rather bends it.

is my possitive pressure too high ? does the prefilter mounted between the blower and hepa create turbulance ? would a motor speed controller fix it ? etc, etc, etc... ?

i need to get this device operational asap (pleurotis farming atm)

thanks for yawl input.

here are some pics (will upload more later)
Phlux- attached the following image(s):
2015-02-27 15.05.34.jpg (362kb) downloaded 87 time(s).
2015-02-26 17.13.15.jpg (437kb) downloaded 87 time(s).
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 3/4/2015 8:11:21 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

ok looks like i read the wrong datasheet - my blowers spec's are well off.
attempting to get the blower changed by the supplier
nobody has a viable workaround ?

attached is the datasheet (its the second unit in the datasheet)

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 3/4/2015 12:32:18 PM

dysfunctional word machine

How is it off? Too strong or too weak? Just curious because I'm in the process of building one myself.

OrionFyre
#4 Posted : 3/4/2015 3:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

According to Stamets book you want 100f/s air flow for most hepa systems. Calculate it by the area of the filter under the cubic feet per second of the fan being used.

Example: a 2'x3' filter has an area of 6sq.ft. so you'd need 600cu.ft/s from your fan at whatever backpressure your filter provides.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Adjhart
#5 Posted : 3/30/2015 4:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are very tricky devices - I wish I had experience in building one to lend a hand. I do have experience in reading a really long thread on shroomery though about a guy who was very knowledgeable in making one.

Perhaps the only advice I can muster from that thread would be to go to the manufacturers of your parts and ask for suggestions on flowhood applications. With that particular guy/thread, it seemed to be the difference maker, if I recall.

GL!

I spent some time on a SAB that I'm happy with, and even though no contam issues since, it'd sure be nice to have one of those.

Thumbs up