We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Aphex Twin thread Options

Elpo
#1 Posted : 3/1/2015 12:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was curious to know how many of the Nexians are into Aphex Twin and if you are as excited as I am about his latest releases (especially the soundcloud account)? Big grin

For those who might have missed it https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001

Did any of you ever journey with the music and what albums or tracks are your favourites?

Anything to do with Aphex Twin is welcome in this thread.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 3/1/2015 12:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet, an aphex thread. I've been listening to RDJ since 91, no favs, love all his stuff.Cool

Dead man
#3 Posted : 3/1/2015 12:54:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love Richard D. James! SAW is one of my favorite albums. It's exciting he is releasing new material again under Aphex Twin, although all his recent Analord stuff under AFX has been really good (I think better than Syro) too.
I'll have to check out that soundcloud, all the leaks of Syro were fake but one can always hope Big grin.
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling
Nothing is something worth doing -Sphongle

Elpo
#4 Posted : 3/1/2015 1:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:
I love Richard D. James! SAW is one of my favorite albums. It's exciting he is releasing new material again under Apehx Twin, although all his recent Analord stuff under AFX has been really good (I think better than Syro) too.
I'll have to check out that soundcloud, all the leaks of Syro were fake but one can always hope Big grin.

From what I have heard of the Soundcloud it seems very real, all kinds of unreleased tracks he had laying around. In certain tracks you can hear the different periods come back instantly...
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 3/1/2015 2:23:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll definitely have to check that out. SAW was awesome, then SAW II came out and I have listened to it continuously since then. Great for lucid dreaming. Alberto Basalm, Rhubarb, flim, just to many good ones to list. First time I seen the Rubber Johnny video right after smoking some good buds I laughed sooo hard, how does one come up with that kind of stuff. Truly a unique individual, musician with no boundaries.

inaniel
#6 Posted : 3/1/2015 2:56:03 PM

mas alla del mar

Alberto balsam and flim I could listen to exclusively on repeat for my entire life and be happy with music.

Dead man
#7 Posted : 3/1/2015 3:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this thread needs some music Cool

Elpo wrote:
Dead man wrote:
I love Richard D. James! SAW is one of my favorite albums. It's exciting he is releasing new material again under Apehx Twin, although all his recent Analord stuff under AFX has been really good (I think better than Syro) too.

From what I have heard of the Soundcloud it seems very real, all kinds of unreleased tracks he had laying around. In certain tracks you can hear the different periods come back instantly...

I gave it a listen and stand corrected. Lots of good stuff thanks for sharing.
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling

Elpo
#8 Posted : 3/1/2015 4:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:

Elpo wrote:
Dead man wrote:

I think you are right Smile

One of my all time favourites is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/results?...uery=arched+maid+via+rdj

And yes there are a lot of good tracks on the soundcloud. How many artists do we know who would do something like that after having all that success already. More than 150 tracks just thrown online for us to listen to... Just amazing.

Dead man
#9 Posted : 3/1/2015 4:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo wrote:
Dead man wrote:

Elpo wrote:
Dead man wrote:

I think you are right Smile

One of my all time favourites is this one:

And yes there are a lot of good tracks on the soundcloud. How many artists do we know who would do something like that after having all that success already. More than 150 tracks just thrown online for us to listen to... Just amazing.

Fixed that for ya Wink. Just use [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] which you can add with the [BB/] button.

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 3/1/2015 8:08:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5UBYOv1G9A Cool
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Elpo
#11 Posted : 3/1/2015 10:08:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Fixed that for ya Wink. Just use [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] which you can add with the [BB/] button.

I did exactly that and it didn't work before... strange, but thanks.

The ones on the soundcloud that stand out for me are these two:

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/28-organ

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/15-sekonda

But there are tens of other good tracks to be found.
It's good to see a few people are into Aphex on the Nexus Love Thumbs up

Chan
#12 Posted : 3/2/2015 12:10:31 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

I'm sure everybody here already knows that Chris Morris made extensive use of SAW, and other stuff, with the sublime "Jam"...

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

soulfood
#13 Posted : 3/2/2015 12:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

This was the first track I heard that wasn't one of his big video releases and it gets me. every. time Smile

Favourite from syro is XMAS_EVET10(120).

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 3/2/2015 1:08:42 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Clicked on the soundcloud as soon as I saw this! Awesome!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#15 Posted : 3/2/2015 4:24:46 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

hug46
#16 Posted : 3/3/2015 4:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
This was the first track I heard that wasn't one of his big video releases and it gets me. every. time Smile

That song is very good. I remember reading quite a bad review of Druqs. The reviewer was going on about how twiddly and over intricate the music was getting, comparing it to overblown guitar histrionics..

My favourite Aphex Twin fact (or rumour, or misinformation) is that when he was asked by Madonna to work with her, he said yes on the proviso that she recorded herself imitating various farm yard animals. I think she ended up working with William Orbit instead.

Dead man
#17 Posted : 3/3/2015 11:57:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo wrote:

It's good to see a few people are into Aphex on the Nexus Love Thumbs up

Not suprised at all by this. Aphex twin is to music what DMT is to drugs Big grin.

Spaced Out 2
#18 Posted : 3/4/2015 2:45:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicely put dead man Big grin Cool

voyaj
#19 Posted : 3/4/2015 5:07:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My one and only breakthrough experience was with Analord Full series. I started from 0:00, put the headphones on. 40 mg, 5 tokes and 26 minutes later I was a changed man.
I still remember the date: 1/13/13. I attribute the intensity & immersive nature of that experience to having headphones volume turned all the way up - listening to that.

Elpo
#20 Posted : 3/4/2015 9:08:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:

Not suprised at all by this. Aphex twin is to music what DMT is to drugs Big grin.

Big grin Big grin Big grin

12NEXT