We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coconut oil and Blue Dream Options

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#1 Posted : 2/28/2015 11:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Living in a recent recreationally legal state has allowed me to branch out a bit since I have a steady supply now. Giving some edible cannabis a try!

Ingredients:
-750mg of cannabis; Blue Dream, reported THC percentage approx 13%
-10 mL of full spectrum, cold pressed coconut oil.

Method:
-oil and small pyrex heated in oven at 250d F until all are uniformly even-temp, 10 minutes to be safe.
-finely chopped cannabis added in quickly and mushed about until fully immersed, then back into the oven!
-cook for 35 minutes total; slow bubbles of decarb noted at approx 25 minutes.
-chill immediately in freezer to lock the reaction down

Idea: this ideally would yield 10 doses of 10mg orally active THC. Dose size is small; approx 1 mL ea.

I will report back re: efficacy. As always, questions/comments/concerns are welcome. Have a good one you guys.

All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 3/1/2015 12:33:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blue Dream is wonderful medicine. Personally I find it harder and harder and more and more physically uncomfortable to take Cannabis orally. Perhaps something has changed in my internal organs that deal with it, but it is no longer a pleasurable experience like it used to be. Smoking and vaping are still great and work well. Hopefully one day this will change as I did like ingesting the medicine orally and have become really good at making canna butter and canna coconut oil infusions. Enjoy the medicine.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#3 Posted : 3/1/2015 12:47:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What parameters do you use Mitakuye? This is new territory for me, and the cannabis cookin' guides/recipes I read online are not very evidence based or analytical in their tek methodology as this forum... as far as I have seen.

I kinda slap-dashed my way through it based on my extremely limited chemistry understanding and reading research on extractions and carboxylation temp vs/terpene evap temps.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

No Knowing
#4 Posted : 3/1/2015 1:08:21 AM

fool adept

I made canna-coconut-oil that was VERY strong and very easy using BadKat's Recipes they are all on her website and I highly recommend the recipe! You can even make a portion of your oil for dabbing or hash and the rest for edibles!

http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Chan
#5 Posted : 3/1/2015 1:09:26 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Blue Dream is wonderful medicine. Personally I find it harder and harder and more and more physically uncomfortable to take Cannabis orally. Perhaps something has changed in my internal organs that deal with it, but it is no longer a pleasurable experience like it used to be. Smoking and vaping are still great and work well. Hopefully one day this will change as I did like ingesting the medicine orally and have become really good at making canna butter and canna coconut oil infusions. Enjoy the medicine.

From your remarks, is THC the problem? Having somebody else vape it (removing THC, but not much CBD) might be a path for you? That's how I make fudge for my friends...
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

Mitakuye Oyasin
#6 Posted : 3/1/2015 1:53:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man from Chan Chan - I've actually had worse (more uncomfortable) physical effects from making canna butter and canna oil from post vaped cannabis, so I do not think THC is the problem. I am a lightweight on Cannabis and always have been. I have always seen this as a good thing as I can smoke/vape less than others and get just as high, so it conserves the stash I have. Even getting really high on THC via smoking or vaping has never really caused much if any physical discomfort or nausea, but orally in the past few years has. I have actually had to lay down in bed or take a long hot shower to try to shake off the effects of oral Cannabis on more than one occasion - both with THC and the post vaped remains made into edibles.

HC & No Knowing - BadKat's Recipes are great and I more or less have done what she suggests. I like using a low cooker ceramic crock pot and start on low to infuse cannabis into the coconut oil. Then once it reaches its highest temp I use a candy thermometer to see that the liquid temp is. If its not high enough I will crank it up to high and monitor it to make sure it does not get too hot. Then I filter the hot oil through cheesecloth or a clean cotton shirt to separate herb from oil and if it needs any further filtering a coffee filter is usually enough with the oil still warm. You will need to weigh your starting herb material and guess on the potency in order to figure out how much oil you want to use in order to end up with your end product. That way you have at least guestimated the potency of the finished product per ml of finished oil.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Chan
#7 Posted : 3/1/2015 2:11:50 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Sorry to hear that, Mitakuye, it sounds pretty tough.

I assume your GI tract is pretty happy and clean?
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 3/1/2015 2:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know, it is. I wonder if perhaps my liver or kidney is not processing things at the speed that it used to in my youth. As long as I can still smoke and vape I am happy. Concentrates like Absolute shatter and honey oil are fantastic!
β€” Terence McKenna