We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Salting out Mescaline Carbonate using Seltzer Water Options

neuro_rocket
#41 Posted : 9/13/2009 12:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe this could work with DMT?
Instead of freeze precipitating the naptha SWIM could just gas it.
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

amor_fati
#42 Posted : 9/14/2009 2:01:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM has only been extracting from the torch.

SWIM's having a bit of trouble with dosage. 500mg of Mescaline acetate once did the trick for SWIM to get him to the level of LSD, but he was on a nearly empty stomach and chased it with a granola bar. 550mg of his acetate/carbonate yields was strong but not at that level, though his stomach was fairly full. SWIM's wondering whether he should kick it up to 600mg or try to always do it on an empty stomach.

For extractions, SWIM's simply going to add 5-10 drops of vinegar to the limonene before extracting with seltzer and see how well that works.

Mescaline molecules will either react with acetate or carbonic acid, not both at the same time. How much of each results from the use of both would depend on temperature and concentrations.

SuperRad
#43 Posted : 9/14/2009 3:21:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I did an initial pull with carbonated water on my second limo pull. Nothing but a tiny sliver of red goo.

A single vinegar pull got all the mescaline out.

Observations:

Carbonated water made the limo fog up much more than vinegar, and it did not subside until I did the vinegar pull and placed my sep funnel in a heat bath. I hypothesize that mescaline carbonate is soluble in limonene, and that pH neutral water does not pull the carbonate very well, which would explain why you need slightly more acidic carbonated water. Since limonene absorbs acetic acid, carbonated water pulls will become acidic enough if done after a vinegar pull.

Noob
#44 Posted : 9/16/2009 7:49:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What if you put co2 cartridges in a whip cream dispenser and bubbled extra co2 into the seltzer to make it more carbonated?

SuperRad
#45 Posted : 9/16/2009 7:00:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That might work.... it might also just splash everything everywhere. It would probably be more practical to have a real CO2 tank with a valve that can be opened slightly. Also some sort of copper-free bubbling device (perhaps an aquarium bubbler) that diffuses the CO2 so that it dissolves instead of splashing.

I really feel that all one needs to to is pull with carbonated water, mix, add a few drops of vinegar (perhaps glacial would work best), then mix again. I will try this on my next extraction.

antichode
#46 Posted : 9/16/2009 10:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With the addition of vinegar, even in small amounts.... Aren't you just converting it to an acetate anyway?

PlainCoil
#47 Posted : 9/18/2009 4:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM has only been extracting from the torch.

SWIM's having a bit of trouble with dosage. 500mg of Mescaline acetate once did the trick for SWIM to get him to the level of LSD, but he was on a nearly empty stomach and chased it with a granola bar. 550mg of his acetate/carbonate yields was strong but not at that level, though his stomach was fairly full. SWIM's wondering whether he should kick it up to 600mg or try to always do it on an empty stomach.

For extractions, SWIM's simply going to add 5-10 drops of vinegar to the limonene before extracting with seltzer and see how well that works.

Mescaline molecules will either react with acetate or carbonic acid, not both at the same time. How much of each results from the use of both would depend on temperature and concentrations.

That really is odd. SWIM needs only 250-300mg of either acetate or carbonate to achieve an LSD like state. Once, SWIM took 400mg in two spaced out 200mg doses, and was completely blown away.

Maybe it's cause SWIM likes smoking a lot of weed when he's tripping, and this synergizes very well.

Oh yeah, dropping chunks of dry ice into your container of limonene (being careful to avoid spashing and overflowing), waiting for it to settle down, then pulling with hot distilled water also works.

mattritt
#48 Posted : 9/20/2009 6:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would there be any way to clean up the carbonate to get it more pure?
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

amor_fati
#49 Posted : 9/20/2009 7:26:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
Would there be any way to clean up the carbonate to get it more pure?

Depends on its solubility, which is unknown for now. SWIM'd like to test it if he can develop a reliable method of extracting it.

dread
#50 Posted : 9/20/2009 7:35:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How basic is 5-meo-DMT? Would it be possible to salt out 5-meo with carbonic acid? If yes, it would be a great way to separate 5-meo from DMT...

obliguhl
#51 Posted : 9/29/2009 11:33:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A way to clean it up would be awesome. SWIM just made a shocking discovery....after gaining 600mg mescaline acetate mix from vinegar, he was able to scrape up what seems to be at least another 300mg of mescaline carbonate...ans this stuff is easy to scrape and to handle, he says...amazing!

mattritt
#52 Posted : 9/29/2009 5:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I seem to be only getting small 30 mg yeilds each time, with both seltzer water and vinegar. What do you think could be the problem? I let the limonene soak over night and shook up the seltzer/vinegar witht the limonene thouroughly (3 times with settling breaks inbetween). Id really like to scrape up a nice couple hundred mgs atleast once. Can someone help me?
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

mattritt
#53 Posted : 9/30/2009 10:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, well my vinegar pulls turned out to yeild decently (havent weighed yet), so I'm going to try a post acetate pull with seltzer and see if that was the problem.

amor_fati
#54 Posted : 10/1/2009 8:45:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
I seem to be only getting small 30 mg yeilds each time, with both seltzer water and vinegar. What do you think could be the problem? I let the limonene soak over night and shook up the seltzer/vinegar witht the limonene thouroughly (3 times with settling breaks inbetween). Id really like to scrape up a nice couple hundred mgs atleast once. Can someone help me?

What was the ratio of vinegar to seltzer? About how long did you shake? SWIM's thinking it would be best to vortex or simply turn end over end when working with seltzer. SWIM hasn't had problems in smaller, stronger containers, like large IPA bottles, but water jugs tend to inflate. Also, less agitation with the mixing may yield better results considering how easily CO2 escapes.

mattritt wrote:
Ok, well my vinegar pulls turned out to yeild decently (havent weighed yet), so I'm going to try a post acetate pull with seltzer and see if that was the problem.

The limonene hadn't been remixed with the basified material between the seltzer/vinegar attempt and the vinegar attempt, had it?

PlainCoil
#55 Posted : 10/1/2009 9:48:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe the shaking is some of the issue.

SWIM shook the crap out of it in a sealed container every single time, and has gotten nothing but good results.

He used a sealable jar or one of the 2-liters the seltzer water came in (making sure it was limonene-safe of course), and used pretty liberal amounts of seltzer water. He felt like he was making orange soda.

One of the 2 liters full of limonene spilled all over the floor once. He couldn't imagine if that were xylene, jesus!

mattritt
#56 Posted : 10/2/2009 8:13:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so the two acetate pulls yielded 600 mgs. I then tried two more seltzer pulls and then two vinegar. The seltzer again didn't yeild much. The second set of acetate pulls seems to have gotten some though (still evaping). I cant seem to get the seltzer to yeild right still. I will try next time to do seltzer with alittle vinegar added to it to see what that does. Ive been shaking it up alot in my sep funnel and venting it. I would shake it up for a couple minutes, let it sit, then shake it again, let it sit, and then give it a third shake and seperate. This was the method house reccomended as the way he does his seltzer pulls and gets great yeilds.

PlainCoil
#57 Posted : 10/2/2009 10:11:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read that carbonic acid forms when co2 and water are mixed under pressure. Maybe shaking the hell out of it in a sealed container allows more carbonic acid to form by increasing pressure? Who knows...

obliguhl
#58 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend had the chance to weigh his seltzer pulls. Nearly 400mg! Compared to the original 600mg yield...PRETTY NICE. 1g from 25g dried outer flesh powder...thats 4%! (Not pure mescaline though).

Still pretty expensive.

Cactus: 60$
Orange Oil: 12$

=72$

One sub psychedelic threshold dose: 200mg

Almost 15$ for one dose...

Touche Guevara
#59 Posted : 10/19/2009 8:12:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So after the vinegar pulls stop yielding, the carbonate pulls will still pull product. Can anyone say whether the carbonate is as active as the acetate?

Noob
#60 Posted : 10/21/2009 7:57:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PlainCoil- how long did you let the bottle sit after shaking? What was the exact process you used?

PREV12345NEXT