We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Magic Flight Muad-Dib Concentrate Box Vaporizer! Options

hardboiled
#1 Posted : 2/19/2015 6:27:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As i write this BIG GRIN is painted all over my face!
Five minutes ago 10mg vaped like nothing smooth as air with that recognizable spice flavor that we all came to love and fearLove I am so surprised that it hit me so quick and hard in 5 seconds after inhaling it and i was already witnessing patterns on my arms and big happy grin stretching all over my face accompanied with all that familiar tryptamine buzz. BINGO!
This call for intro with a great songThumbs up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2QB2kqG_w

Now onward with this review Ladies and Gents...

So as soon as i saw this little incognito device it caught my attention and i went to work digging up as much info possible that would connect this monocle with dmt. Not much came out except some short comment made by someone saying that it works like magic and that it is his favorite device for administrating spice. Some how this was enough for me to say that i should follow my gut feeling. So happy i did! Listen to your gut feeling kids.Big grin

Box content:
1x Muad-Dib Concentrate Box vaporizer
1x inhalation whip (45 cm / 1.5 ft)
2x rechargeable NiMH 'Glyph' AA-batteries
2x battery end protection caps
1x battery charger (+EU plug)
1x instruction manual
1x storage tin
1x replacement screen (all together 2 screens)
1x loading brass spoon

I check everything for any signs of bad manufacturing and everything looks top notch. I was surprised, how small this thingy really is. You can hide it in side of your palm and it is very light since almost all of it is wood with some brass and little round magnifying glass dome over the chamber. The manufacturer gives lifetime warranty and each Muad-Dib is handcrafted in California and comes with a lifelong functional product warranty. Sounds and looks good to me.Thumbs up
Only moving part is the lid and you can slide it clockwise and counterclockwise but i did notice that counterclockwise (chamber on top) is better and much easier and i think this is down to the angle of the brass retention pin angle and position. One loading screen/basket was already inserted and positioned in the center of the vape chamber and what i noticed is that they are really small. That immediately got me worrying that i will not be able to load more than 10 perhaps 15 mg in the basket.Wut?
But then i remembered that one guy, was using it with two screens inserted and that is how he was able to vape bigger amounts of oils that he was using so i think this is how i will get around this problem until i receive some additional stuff that i already ordered to make some modifications to the loading screens/baskets. I will post about that as soon as i make the modifications.
The inhalation whip is black and rubbery which i replaced it with food grade transparent one since this one had slight plastic smell and taste as you inhaled. Wut? Minor minus that they should improve in the future in my opinion.

The size of loading screens/baskets is also something that i will write to them and suggest that they make bigger ones so you don't need to play around with multiple screens when looking for bigger hits...no worries no spice will be mentioned in this request.Twisted Evil Will see what comes out of it and if nothing does i will either way work on my own solution by modifying it (making it bigger).
When you load the screen you should take good care since they are really small and to much pressure i guess you could rip it and make it nonfunctional. So if someone orders it, order additional screens just in case you destroy some. The mesh used for the screens is thin but densely woven. I haven't tried preheating the screen and then melting the spice into it since i see no need after vaping 3 times with such ease its funny.Big grin

One thing to keep in mind when inhaling! Don't do it like you want to suck life out of it since there is possibility that you might inhale spice crystals before vapurising since screens are so small and shallow.

It happened to me when i was testing the inhale without the heat and some spice went flying around the chamber but it was my mistake.Stop Big grin When you load it and you insert the battery (manual for use is included Big grin ) you slowly start inhaling and 1-2 seconds later apply the pressure to the battery and start heating the basket and keep inhaling, until nothing is left.Big grin I guarantee you will fall on your ass when you don't even notice that you inhaled anything and you might even try to exhale just to make sure but please don't you will be wasting the spice just sit tight and hold it in and observe) Laughing If you can't inhale whole thing in one take then stop applying pressure to the battery after done with inhaling otherwise you might burn what is left or you might vape it but since the chamber is not designed to store vape (not airtight design) you will loose it through air intake portion of the box. Where wood and brass monocle meet there is a small slid that is designed as air intake.

Charger and batteries are nothing special but i did pick up some info about people saying that batteries don't last long per charge but i think that is not a problem since you do have two and you could buy additional and strip them and use them as long as you use rechargeable NiMH 'Glyph' AA-batteries.

So far so good i will say!Big grin Really happy i gambled and got one. It was still cheaper (130 eur)than getting GVG (150+ eur)or the Firewood 2.1. vape that they don't ship to my country anyhow.
Some pictures so you get a feeling how small it is and how it looks if you haven't seen it already.

ps. Boone get your hands on it and don't look back buddy!Thumbs up
I will update as soon as a get other stuff and make the modifications. No more playing around with lighters and homemade vaporizers. Some serious traveling will be done.Laughing Expect reports and wish me luckRazz

Peace and Love
hardboiled attached the following image(s):
DSC_0016.JPG (8,683kb) downloaded 724 time(s).
DSC_0001.JPG (8,351kb) downloaded 713 time(s).
DSC_0003.JPG (11,272kb) downloaded 712 time(s).
DSC_0010.JPG (9,348kb) downloaded 718 time(s).
DSC_0018.JPG (9,133kb) downloaded 720 time(s).
DSC_0019.JPG (10,400kb) downloaded 717 time(s).
DSC_0005.JPG (10,483kb) downloaded 711 time(s).
DSC_0007.JPG (9,802kb) downloaded 717 time(s).
DSC_0002.JPG (9,910kb) downloaded 701 time(s).
DSC_0007.JPG (9,077kb) downloaded 711 time(s).
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bonné
#2 Posted : 2/19/2015 7:31:46 PM

Who are you?

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with this marvellously looking device. Big grin
What do you mean by adding a second screen though? As in moving the initial one a bit and making space for one right next to it? Seems like it could easily be done. Wut?
Also, do you have any approximate numbers on how long you hold in the battery after starting the inhalation process? Considering the device can hit 900 degrees, I presume you wouldn't want to hold it in for more than a few seconds at most.

I will buy it as soon as I have the money available. :3 Thumbs up

hardboiled
#3 Posted : 2/19/2015 7:56:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bonné wrote:
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with this marvellously looking device. Big grin
What do you mean by adding a second screen though? As in moving the initial one a bit and making space for one right next to it? Seems like it could easily be done. Wut?
Also, do you have any approximate numbers on how long you hold in the battery after starting the inhalation process? Considering the device can hit 900 degrees, I presume you wouldn't want to hold it in for more than a few seconds at most.

I will buy it as soon as I have the money available. :3 Thumbs up

Your welcome Bonne.
Exactly. You move one out of center and add another one right next to it ant that is it. Simple as that. Still i weighted the amount and if you menage to compress the crystals as you load basket you are roughly around 12-15mg of spice but it might vary since they are made by hand and size is not consistent.
Done another try 20 mins ago with that amount but with longer pressure and i noticed at the end of inhale that it was getting burned. So definitely don't hold it for too long i would say release as soon as you see vapor and crystals melting! To my estimation that is roughly in 1-2 seconds max but i have to make more attempts before dialing it down precisely. The manufacturer says it can heat up to 900 Fahrenheit so that is around 480 Celsius. So it can get pretty hot but screen is so thin and as you inhale you basically from my observation heat the air as it's passing trough the screen. I managed to vape 3 times now without burning it and slightly burning it in my last fourth attempt and even that was on the end of inhale. Definitely gonna needs some time to get it just right each time.

Yeah it's not cheap but still was better choice so far that other two options. Time will tell.

starway6
#4 Posted : 2/20/2015 5:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How much vapor volume did the magic flight produce?

Was the vapor thick..

I have an old ..[dragon lite] battery powered vape vape box [similar to the magic flight]..it would be fun to try to use...

I know that these little vape boxes will get hot enough to burn weed if heat is aplyed long enough..so it should hit the spice vaping temp at some point...

The only problem is the spice melting and falling through the screen too fast...

Would have to make a little tray that would alow heat in but keep spice contained till vaped...preventing it from falling through the fine screen..

Also these little boxes have a larger vaping chamber than most E Cigaretts and should get hot enough..

Electronic vaporation is diferent from flame vaperation ...posibly in benaficial way?

I may give this a try...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC09037.JPG (2,890kb) downloaded 640 time(s).
DSC09034.JPG (3,012kb) downloaded 639 time(s).

hardboiled
#5 Posted : 2/20/2015 10:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
How much vapor volume did the magic flight produce?

Was the vapor thick..

I have an old ..[dragon lite] battery powered vape vape box [similar to the magic flight]..it would be fun to try to use...

I know that these little vape boxes will get hot enough to burn weed if heat is aplyed long enough..so it should hit the spice vaping temp at some point...

The only problem is the spice melting and falling through the screen too fast...

Would have to make a little tray that would alow heat in but keep spice contained till vaped...preventing it from falling through the fine screen..

Also these little boxes have a larger vaping chamber than most E Cigaretts and should get hot enough..

Electronic vaporation is diferent from flame vaperation ...posibly in benaficial way?

I may give this a try...

I had lungs full of it in 5 seconds but i think some of it was also air since testing doses were small (5,10 and 15mg) and i kept inhaling couple of seconds after i didn't see any spice left and vapor rising just to make sure that i got it all.
You vape that amount almost instantly and the qualty was superb for my taste. It had gentle spice flowery/new sneekers smell and almost no taste to it and good saturation. I immediately exhaled only when testing 5mg to visually check the vapor. I didn't have any spice leaking trough screens or visual resedue on the bottom of chamber after vaping it.
While i was inhaling i was looking at the spice and as soon as i applied pressure on the battery the vape was being formed and sucked into the whip and spice just vanished without me even being able to see it going into liquid form.Thumbs up

I don't know how it will preform when bigger amount will be used since i think that the screen cools down pretty fast after you relese the pressure so that might mean that you will have to be pretty good wih timing the heating so that you are able to take it all in one hit and not burn some of it or just not vaping it and you'll have to resort to a second hit. I will be testing this out since i wish to be able to do one hit clears it all if possible.
Yeah that dragon lite looks like magic flight lunch box vape. Almost identical.
They have this loading trays that i also orderd one peace to test if it will work with muad-dib.

It would be perfect for your vape. I'll report back after giving it a try.

I also have some ideas about making my own baskets that will be big enough to acomodate at least 30mg. I will test all the options and report what works the best for me.
I think this is way better than flame evaporation. But like everything it takes practice to nail it down so you dont overheat and burn it. Some spice will be wasted for the sake of finding out the sweet spot.Stop Test it out and let me/us know what you think. I am stoked so far and have nothing but positive things to say about it.

starway6
#6 Posted : 2/21/2015 1:11:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear its working for you ..and a nice looking tray.. but the metal may deflect or shield the limited heat away from the spice to much?

Do You have a fine screen above the heat element..like mine is?

And when you vaped ..[you just put the spice on top of the screen].. and didnt notice any evedence of spice dripping down through the screen?

I guess it depends on the heating element... the flight box was concidered better than other knock offs like the one i have...

I keep testing...

hardboiled
#7 Posted : 2/22/2015 11:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Good to hear its working for you ..and a nice looking tray.. but the metal may deflect or shield the limited heat away from the spice to much?

Do You have a fine screen above the heat element..like mine is?

And when you vaped ..[you just put the spice on top of the screen].. and didnt notice any evedence of spice dripping down through the screen?

I guess it depends on the heating element... the flight box was concidered better than other knock offs like the one i have...

I keep testing...

The tray was made for Magic Flight Lunch box vaporizer specifically (which i don't posses) in mind and not for the MF Muad-Dib but i think it might work with later also but i must test it first when i get the package. The tray was designed to be used for vapurising oils etc. so i think spice will be right at home but i am only guessing until i test it firsthand.

Muad-Dib's screens/baskets are perfect and i haven't had any dripping so far and i have done three additional tests just 20 min ago with 10mg each and it worked perfectly. Like i said only downsize is the size of the screens that limit your amount (12-15mg) and i haven't tried with additional screen so far to address the amount limiting factor of just one screen being used. Still not ready for another big dose after having a really intense/hyper slap experience two months ago. That is why i am sticking to several lower doses administrated in relative short time window to use it for testing and some beneficial relaxing properties that i have noticed to come out of it.

starway6
#8 Posted : 2/23/2015 12:48:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good..
I tryed my knock off dragon lite in small tray ..and it doesnt get hot enough to work well..

But this is an old early generation vape box..[knock off] your vape looks newer and must have a hotter coil in it...

The dragon lite may work if i place the spice directly on the fine screen near heating element..may try that..

I already have a good vape pipe that uses a flame..made it myself works great...

It just seems that electric vaping could vape more acuratly with less chance of burning as does the 600 dollar volcano does..

vaporizing water pipe below ..
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08606.JPG (2,805kb) downloaded 585 time(s).

Bonné
#9 Posted : 2/26/2015 3:54:21 PM

Who are you?

How's it going with testing it out using 2 screens instead of 1?
What is the maximum amount of DMT you've been able to vaporize?
And do you think it would be possible to break through using this device? Smile

Thanks.

hardboiled
#10 Posted : 2/26/2015 10:32:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got some additional stuff couple days ago and haven't had time to test if i could modify or make my own loading screen/basket. I suspect two screens will work but i haven't gone for bigger dose so far since i still am dealing with some stuff from last big dose experience that was quite intense and i am not in a hurry to do it again Embarrased
I will keep posting as new stuff comes up perhaps tomorrow i'll try out 2 screens and i'll report how it went. I have a hunch that it will work like charm and it will also be much more forgiving about heating time since it will have more resistance and material (screens) to heat at the same time so temperatures will be lover than with single screen.
For breakthroughs? If i take liberty and judge by experiences so far i am inclined to say yes but if that will require only two or perhaps even a third screen we shall see. Smile

hardboiled
#11 Posted : 2/26/2015 10:43:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Sounds good..
I tryed my knock off dragon lite in small tray ..and it doesnt get hot enough to work well..

But this is an old early generation vape box..[knock off] your vape looks newer and must have a hotter coil in it...

The dragon lite may work if i place the spice directly on the fine screen near heating element..may try that..

I already have a good vape pipe that uses a flame..made it myself works great...

It just seems that electric vaping could vape more acuratly with less chance of burning as does the 600 dollar volcano does..

vaporizing water pipe below ..

Great that vaporizing pipe looks similar to the one that i made but i don't use water.Thumbs up

Hiyo Quicksilver
#12 Posted : 3/7/2015 4:34:50 PM

just some guy

My gods, it's beautiful.

I'm a big launch box fan, and just crapped myself with joy when I saw this. Thanks for the great post!! Very happy

/me starts putting away pennies for this new wonder.

hardboiled
#13 Posted : 3/8/2015 12:29:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your welcome QuicksilverThumbs up

hardboiled
#14 Posted : 3/14/2015 1:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Little short update.
I have tried using two loading screens/baskets and it works like charm.Thumbs up
Vaped 15mg divided in half for each basket and it has worked perfect. There is enough room for 3 screens so i think that for those who like to load heavy you will be able to use 3 baskets and each one can contain rughly 15mg so that makes it 45mg total give or take which i think is more than enough for strong experience.
I guess now the only thing to do is to go for higher dose and see if i will be able to clear it in single inhale.

Bonné
#15 Posted : 3/14/2015 3:51:40 PM

Who are you?

hardboiled wrote:
Little short update.
I have tried using two loading screens/baskets and it works like charm.Thumbs up
Vaped 15mg divided in half for each basket and it has worked perfect. There is enough room for 3 screens so i think that for those who like to load heavy you will be able to use 3 baskets and each one can contain rughly 15mg so that makes it 45mg total give or take which i think is more than enough for strong experience.
I guess now the only thing to do is to go for higher dose and see if i will be able to clear it in single inhale.

Thank you for the update, friend. I will hopefully have scraped enough money together at the beginning of next month to buy one of these. I can't wait to be able to just go out into the deep forest and just do an hour long one-on-one session with this vape and some crystal white DMT. Drool

hardboiled
#16 Posted : 3/15/2015 2:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your welcome buddy.Smile
I know, right? This is why it had such appeal for me when i saw it that if it will work you will be able to take it with you and use it whenever the oportunity arises since it's so small and practical.
I am so glad it is actually doing all that i have hoped for.Thumbs up
It's not cheap and the price might sway some from geting it but like everything in life it all comes down to how you percieve it. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to get it and please report back how its working out for you since i would love to hear second opinions.Stop
I am gonna report back with experiences and possible modifications as soon as time allowes.

Peace and Love

Bonné
#17 Posted : 3/15/2015 8:27:11 AM

Who are you?

hardboiled wrote:
Your welcome buddy.Smile
I know, right? This is why it had such appeal for me when i saw it that if it will work you will be able to take it with you and use it whenever the oportunity arises since it's so small and practical.
I am so glad it is actually doing all that i have hoped for.Thumbs up
It's not cheap and the price might sway some from geting it but like everything in life it all comes down to how you percieve it. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to get it and please report back how its working out for you since i would love to hear second opinions.Stop
I am gonna report back with experiences and possible modifications as soon as time allowes.

Peace and Love

Definitely looking forward to it. Smile - And your updates as well.
The only concern I have been having is whether one can break through using this device, but assuming 3 screens and fit in there and work simultaneously, that should probably not pose as being such a large issue after all. 15mg's a screen isn't a whole lot though - Does the DMT just turn liquid and overflow if you put too much in there?

In one way it is cheap though, considering the lifetime warranty, and how seemingly well built it is. It's certainly an investment to be made.

hardboiled
#18 Posted : 3/15/2015 2:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bonné wrote:
Definitely looking forward to it. Smile - And your updates as well.
The only concern I have been having is whether one can break through using this device, but assuming 3 screens and fit in there and work simultaneously, that should probably not pose as being such a large issue after all. 15mg's a screen isn't a whole lot though - Does the DMT just turn liquid and overflow if you put too much in there?

In one way it is cheap though, considering the lifetime warranty, and how seemingly well built it is. It's certainly an investment to be made.

I think your able to breaktrough from what i was able to observe so far since as you inhale the air is passing trough the screens and is instantly being heated by the heat and your inhaling a really nice vape in a second. So if your able to have deep exploration from 20-40mg in your regular way of administration than this is perfect and if your able to make it a single hit i think the only thing left to say is buckle up Dorothy Kansas City is going bye byeStop Laughing
If your inhale is constant and not to fast or slow (that is a tricky part) dmt is vaping instantly no running, dripping or overflow whatsoever.
On other hand if your not able to breaktrough with those amounts and you for any reason need more than perhaps only bigger screen/basket modification is what would be right solution. I got some stuff that might work but haven't got time to play around so far. I'll post some pictures of it when i get back home.

Bonné
#19 Posted : 3/30/2015 9:51:21 PM

Who are you?

I have now ordered the Muad Dib and expect it to arrive within 20-30 days.
Definitely looking forward to try this super expensive contraption. Crying or very sad Haha. Big grin

starway6
#20 Posted : 3/30/2015 11:59:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bonné wrote:
I have now ordered the Muad Dib and expect it to arrive within 20-30 days.
Definitely looking forward to try this super expensive contraption. Crying or very sad Haha. Big grin

I would like to try a muad vape but every shop i go they are only interested in getting the most cash out of their customers..as they wont sell a compleate muad vape to you for a fair price..

Instead they sell you part of the vaporizer and the the other parts are seperate prices..to get more profit from their customers...

I think this is a sad way to do buisness..ill have to waite till the price comes down on the quality muads..all the others are cheap knock offs i think..

123NEXT