We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Arizer Extreme Q for vaping DMT Options

sorahtak
#1 Posted : 2/16/2015 4:48:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit: Just purchased this vaporizer and am looking for tips on technique from those who have used it to vape dmt. I'm thinking enhanced leaf is the way to go, but what temp setting do you use, how do you hit it, do you use the bags or just the whip, fan on or off, etc. Any tips would be much appreciated.

An idea I conceived of but haven't yet fleshed out would be some kind of setup that would pull vaporized DMT into a balloon, sort of like an artificial lung. The DMT could then be inhaled from the balloon.

This would give you complete control over the dose, as well as allowing the smoke to cool before inhalation.

Anybody have any insight into how such a infernal device might be constructed?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

arcologist
#2 Posted : 2/16/2015 5:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Arizer Extreme Q, works like a charm when fueled with enhanced leaf. By far the nicest way to travel that I've experienced.

concombres
#3 Posted : 2/16/2015 5:28:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe i recall seeing a device similar to this.
Pretty sure it was this little electric machine with a temperature gague that would heat the dmt without burning it, then push the vapor into a large bag to be inhaled.
Oh yeah thats it! A vaporizer Laughing

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 2/16/2015 7:25:13 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

arcologist wrote:
Arizer Extreme Q, works like a charm when fueled with enhanced leaf. By far the nicest way to travel that I've experienced.

^^^^ This, absolutely this.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 2/16/2015 11:10:34 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Oh yeah ! It would be soooooo coooool if someone could invent the volcano. I'd buy one.Smile
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

sorahtak
#6 Posted : 2/17/2015 1:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps as an alternative for people that don't want to pay $200+ for an Arizer Extreme Q or $400+ for a Volcano?

I don't know much about consumer vaporizers, no need to be snarky. I'm just wondering if something like this could be improvised.

I'll have to look more into the vaporizers that are on the market out there though, thanks for the tips, all.

steppa
#7 Posted : 2/17/2015 1:37:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorahtak wrote:

I don't know much about consumer vaporizers, no need to be snarky. I'm just wondering if something like this could be improvised.

I think someone on here did it. I remember a bottle and a PC fan. I'll try do dig it up. Not sure if I find it tough.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

sorahtak
#8 Posted : 2/28/2015 1:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I got myself an arizer extreme q, and I'm thinking enhanced leaf is the way to go. Any tips on technique? Temperature setting, how to hit it, etc.

dreamer042
#9 Posted : 2/28/2015 2:37:27 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

sorahtak wrote:
So I got myself an arizer extreme q, and I'm thinking enhanced leaf is the way to go. Any tips on technique? Temperature setting, how to hit it, etc.

Enhanced leaf is def the way to go, that or infusing xtal into a volcano liquid pad, I like the leaf better. Vaporized mullein is very good for the lungs, it's also highly absorbent; a pinch of white sage, some blue lotus stamens... anyway back to the topic.

I found the best temperature setting is the same range you use for cannabis in this device, this is in the range of 370-390 f via the temperature control (keep in the mind temperature at the bowl is about 15-20 degrees f less than at the heating element, so that's the reason for setting it a bit higher than you would something like a volcano which provides a more accurate reading for temperature at level of the material.

Using the bag attachment is infinitely superior to the whip for spicetravel. Turn on the machine and set it around 370 and let it warm up for a few minutes till it's properly at temperature. Attach the bowl with the material in it, insert the elbow in the top of the bowl and attach the bag. Allow the bowl/material to heat up for 30-60 seconds then turn the fan on high. The bag should fill with a very thick, dense white vapor, if it's not nice and thick, try turning the temp up slowly in 5 degree increments or so till it is. Once the bag is as full as it can possibly be, turn the fan off, remove the bag, find a comfortable spot and rip it like champ.

Once you can fathom working your body to use an electronic device again, come back and thank me. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

sorahtak
#10 Posted : 3/3/2015 8:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Worked like a charm! Thanks! Smile

skoobysnax
#11 Posted : 12/30/2016 4:38:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to bump an old thread. It has been almost a year since i first spied this thread and when BTC made such a fast jump in value i decided to grab one since my 1/2 btc i sat on for forever doubled in value. Laughing Curious if the temps are the same for changa or does it need to be a touch higher to vape the harmala? I know the OP got some razzing at first but any info specific to this device is great since not all volcano like devices are built the same.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

arcologist
#12 Posted : 12/30/2016 8:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread. It has been almost a year since i first spied this thread and when BTC made such a fast jump in value i decided to grab one since my 1/2 btc i sat on for forever doubled in value. Laughing Curious if the temps are the same for changa or does it need to be a touch higher to vape the harmala? I know the OP got some razzing at first but any info specific to this device is great since not all volcano like devices are built the same.

I never had much luck with harmalas, it seems they need too high of a temperature to be vaporized effectively without causing the DMT to be really harsh. It's probably best to just smoke some freebase harmine in a pipe right before vaping regular enhanced leaf. DMT needs about 190C, while harmine never completely vaporized even at 230C. I only tried it a few times but did not have much success vaping DMT + harmine together at the same time. Changa goes best in a bonga I suppose.