We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
30 day healing experiment Options

cubeananda
#1 Posted : 2/6/2015 8:24:42 PM

jai

hello, as fate would have it i will soon be spending 28 days or so with 100% free time, in a place where everything is easily accesible. Needless to say im looking forward to it very much. I have looming commitments which would occupy me for upwards of a year at a time and as im not feeling in the best of health, i decided this is a good opportunity to prepare, and also just heal and regenerate for its own sake.

so im planning to regiment in different phases, starting first with a regiment of the same diet if only a little better and with even less sugar and a regiment of medicinal/tonic herbs. first phase will take as long as it takes me to find a good regiment based of triangulating science and my own issues.

the next phase for me is about establishing a diet that can replace the herbal supplements (by the way, i dont mean like herbal supplements in a bottle nessecarily but that im going to be supplementing my bodies needs with herbal remedies) I dont know if this can be accomplished for all issues, but i hope to find the ones it can. for instance inflammatory problems, i believe can be treated this way. Along with regular excersize, this should help my body get strong to prepare for the detoxing in later phases (including purgative aya). This could take time, for instance i may wish to utilize keffir to help my intestines come back from a dysbiotic state, and that may well cause inflammation on its own. Also, upheaving your flora's system has to be understood as something that the "enemy" does not want so there is a certain degree of fight and even espionage involved. what may not feel healthy can be healthy in the context of a good practice. this is why this phase will take time. The first will blend into the second phase, i hope i can let the herbs function as a good ally for a healthy and less toxic gut.

The next phase: incorporating new herbs to prepare for detox, adaptogenic herbs, high antioxidant capacity foods and herbs while also reducing the amount of food i eat. nutrient dense and helpful for immune system, focusing more on a shamanic approach to adaptogenic herbs, approaching the plants ive been utilizing with more respect. From here i am going to play it by ear when to actually start a detox. I have my own ideas about how to detox but im curious what your approaches are? Also would like to incorporate some sort of fast as well, perhaps juicing, does anyone know much about that and can give some information? Im trying to prepare myself for intense detoxing, such as salt water flushing and purgative aya.

Also, as this is in 'sustainable nexus' I would like to mention i need to accomplish this as inexpensively as possible, will eat whole, raw herbs from good local sources as much as possible, and with all of this talk it will ultimately be as minimal and non-extravegant as possible. favoring inexpensive more widely available options, except perhaps during a certain phase or other.

Perhaps i will keep this thread updated as a log of sorts.

BULLET POINTS

Welcome suggestions for:
Common medicinal/tonic herbs you have used, use, or are of interest.

nice recipes for integrating them with food, foods you have used to treat ailments

adaptogenic herbs you like, and i am hoping for discussion regarding, detox, cleansing, information about juicing

and my favorite, surprises , things not commonly considered Laughing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 2/6/2015 10:47:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adaptogenic herb: Reishi
Tonic food: Maca

Thing not commonly considered: If you have a bathtub, soaking in hot water with Dead Sea Salts is cleansing/relaxing/rejuvenating

That's all I got for now. All the best to you! I'm doing something very similar right now.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

DesykaLamgeenie
#3 Posted : 2/7/2015 7:27:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Something that may be worth considering for you depending on how seriously you want/need to take the probiotic issue:

I've read some sources claim that most, if not all, of the probiotics in kefir are destroyed in the gut before they make it to where we want them. I'm not sure how true this is and don't have the time or personal necessity to research this further, but just wanted to mention in case it's useful for you. There are 'enteric coated' probiotic capsules, meaning they are coated with something that allows the capsule to make it to the part of the digestive tract where they are needed.

And something not commonly considered:

A couple years ago I tried a few adaptogenic herbs/supplements, and one of them was Shilajit.

From Wiki:

"Mumijo/shilajit has been the subject of scientific research in Russia and India since the early 1950s. Though there is no clinical study to support any benefits to human health, some observed effects in animal models include:

Anti-inflammatory (e.g., arthritis, rheumatism)
Dispels pain
Anti-ulcer
Anti-anxiety, anti-stress
Nootropic effect
Anti-aging (both mental and physical)"

In addition to those, I've read that it is good for balancing intestinal bacteria and promoting good digestive health overall.

Plus it's delicious (IMO) in warm milk. (both soy and dairy) Smile I used to buy the sticky resin on ebay and dissolve it in hot water or milk. There are capsules and dried powders, but the resin just attracted me in a wonderful way, and I came to really love it....and the smell...oh the smell. I miss shilajit.

No Knowing
#4 Posted : 2/23/2015 8:24:33 PM

fool adept

Juicing is something I love and I find myself skipping solid food a few times a month.

I definitely recommend juicing carrots and green vegetables they will clean out the liver and help alkalize.

Alkalizing your body is a worthy goal of detox, I find that when my body moves into the alkaline state I feel the shift as more energy, lighter mood, and more of a natural body high.

Get some pH tester strips and piss on them. If you are a western person with a semi-normal diet you are likely acidic if you already eat healthy OR just have very low stress you could be alkaline. You will be able to test your body's pH everyday and feel your progress and when you cross into alkalinity you will feel it.

Alkalinity helps heal many disorders, prevents cancer, and makes one feel more lively and healthy.

Green smoothies [just fruit, nuts/seeds(hemp seeds are my fav), and green leafy vegetables] are a great meal replacement and offer more sustenance than juice which can make me feel strung out after a day or two without solid food. Smoothies digest almost as easily as liquid and are delicious.

Some supplements to look into

Barley Grass powder-tasty alkalizing green powder widely accepted as the healthiest grass over wheatgrass or alfalfa i throw it in the smoothies

Mucuna Pruriens-regulates dopamine made me feel great emotionally/mentally, more energy, I throw powder in the smoothies

Maitake mushrooms for immune system easy to sautee with veggies for indulgent healthy supper

juicing raw cannabis leaves has AMAZING health benefits, early research has shown it can heal major chronic illnesses with 2 shots twice a day for 6 weeks....awesome if you have access to fresh fan leaves

Skullcap is a great nerve tonic as tea

EAT TONS OF SPROUTS its basically as close as you can get to eating sunlight and will alkalize and clean you out quickly.

And for something way out there if it appeals to you....
WATERMELON FAST 3 days all the watermelon you can eat...you will piss 20+ times a day and will have a very intense natural sugar energy. This really clears me out everytime I do it and feels great for weeks after.

In the middle of your juice fast or at the end a 3 day water fast would be beneficial, it takes alot of discipline and most people find they can't work or even read a book/internet while deep in the fast, [I just lay in bed with music] but your body will start purging toxins into the digestive system to be eliminated when you return to food. 3 days is where the benefits really begin and you will not feel as hungry after 3 days.

Good luck cubeananda!

In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

cubeananda
#5 Posted : 3/16/2015 5:18:45 PM

jai

Thank you everyone for the advice, I took much of it.

I was happy to find how simple the procedure was, despite all the words.

I feel so much better now, although I need to gain some weight now Razz