We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt fumarate not crystallizing/clear wax Options

concombres
#1 Posted : 1/30/2015 9:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had -1.8g dmt fumarate crystals growing in dry acetone & decanted off the acetone.
To retrieve the crystals from the flask i dissolved the dmt fumarate in water & set in a dish to dry.

It did not form a nice scrapeable powder/crystals like i'd expect.
Instead i'm left with a thin layer of completely transparent, sticky, extremely hard to scrape goo/wax.

Drying some acetone now to wash it from the pan & clean up any excess fumaric acid.

How common is it for fumarates to come out like this?
I'm fairly sure it was the water that netted me this strange product.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 1/30/2015 10:39:15 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Are you sure it's dry ? Because it happened to me before and in fact i wasn't patient enough.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

anonhippie
#3 Posted : 4/12/2015 2:45:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure you decanted all the acetone off? The presence of even a few plant oils will make dmt become hydroscopic goo.

You need to clean it up somehow. For example, you can perform another extraction on a very small scale.

I'm a little confused about whether you have gooey fumarates or gooey freebase. If you dissolved the dmt fumarate in basic water to get freebase then your result is even more likely. It also does not make much sense to me anyway
dissolving fumarates in water and then setting to dry. Acetone dries faster than water anyway, so why not just let the fumarates dry right after decanting the acetone.

But the way you state your question suggests your current product is a fumarate.

Can you please let us know whether you have freebase or fumarates so that we can suggest a more specific way to clean it up?

I've gotten goos many times and often the result is putting it in changa and hoping the oils are not too harmful, but these days trying to use cleaner stuff Smile

1ce
#4 Posted : 4/12/2015 8:20:30 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Dissolve fumarates in water to yield freebase? That's not how any of this works.

The Day Tripper
#5 Posted : 4/13/2015 2:09:36 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
This happens when you evap fumarates from water. They are so water soluble me thinks they just don't crystallize out in time before it dries up. Kinda like walter whites blue methamphetamine that they poured into trays to dry into "sheets" of amorphous crystal.

Anyway lol, just do it again, and right before its almost all the way evaporated, ie a very thick syrup consistency, start scraping and working it with a razor blade, spatula, etc.

The clear syrup will turn milky as it dries and you scrap it/work it, it will eventually clump up and finally dry into chunks you can pulverize into a powder.

At least thats how it works for me Smile
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 4/13/2015 2:57:11 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

If concombres still have his goo after 2,5 months Razz
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 5/19/2015 6:02:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On two occasions i have had the same thing. I have taken the gooey stuff and did the slow crystalization conversion to freebase with water and sodium carbonate which yielded nice waxy chunks that I washed in ice cold water to get the excess carb off and air dried. Still had some d-limo taste which smoke a tad harsh but was very active. That was MHRB and I suspect the humidity had much to do with the gooeyness.

I now am working with ACRB and it is worse. I got a 5g gooball from 250g of bark via q21q21's tek. Seems like a lot for the amount of bark and I am still getting precip form my last pull. First pull's precip was FASA which was gooeyer than the current pulls done with FASI. I globbed it all together in a ball and did a hot IPA cleanup and in the freezer this morning was yellow IPA with a transparent golden layer of caramel textured fumarates, no crystals. So maybe some NMT I dunno. This bark is very potent though so I don't doubt it will be good. I am going to keep it dry as possible for a week and see if it hardens. I know that in the ambient air it takes on a lot of moisture. I plan on keeping this as fumarate so I am working toward making it easier to handle. The closer to summer it gets here the more I feel like i need gills instead of lungs...
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

arcologist
#8 Posted : 5/19/2015 6:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience, any NMT or other significant impurities in your fumarates will cause them to not readily crystalize. You can use dry ice to remove the NMT before precipitation.

skoobysnax
#9 Posted : 5/19/2015 10:23:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny I have about 4G of barely active freebas crystal from one of my first ACRB attempts. Heavy betacarboline bodyload but few visuals. Not goo though so I have that set aside based on your thread but never got around to trying it. Would you add this to the D-Limo before the FASI or FASA?

It is worth giving it a go but one the other hand this particular bark seems to have a nice effect with the NMT intact from the Thick-Light tek batch I made last year. Started as crystals embedded in goo and worked lovingly over time into a powder.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?