We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Recipes. Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 8/21/2009 7:53:39 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Sometimes you cook and it's soooo tasty you just stuff yourself till the neck and get incapacitated for few hours. Few things in life are better than really good cooked food. Most of us eat on daily basis and food is one of the things you simply cannot live without. So food preparation/cooking really deserves to be an art it its own right.

I basically believe that if one does not appreciate good food and just seeks to gulp whatever just to fill the stomach then he's got no much taste in life.

Today I stuffed some chicken fillets with bacon,garlic and gorgonzola cheese, and grilled them in olive oil and soy sauce. As a side dish there was mashed potatoes mixed with caramelised onions and spearmint.

My belly still aches so much from gulping massive quantities of this food and I cannot leave the couch. But I got a smile on my face.

Does anyone have any good recipes to share? Sometimes I run out of imagination!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Aegle
#2 Posted : 8/21/2009 9:19:35 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Infundibulum Awesome thread i love to cook and food is one of my great passions, but I am a veggie who doesn't eat eggs so my recipes will be veggie. Very happy

Here's is one of my favourites

Bean Burgers

Makes 4

Ingredients

1TBSP Sunflower oil or olive oil plus a little extra for brushing
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
1 TSP of ground coriander
1 TSP of ground cumin
115G/4 OZ Button Mushrooms, finely chopped
425G/15OZ canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 TBSP chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Plain flour, for dusting
Salt and pepper
Burger buns and salad leaves to serve

1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic, coriander and cumin and cook stirring frequently, for 4 - 5 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a bowl.

2. Put the beans in a small bowl and mash with a potato masher. Stir into the mushroom mixture with the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.

3. Preheat the grill to medium - high. Divide the mixture equally into 4 portions, dust lightly with flour and shape into flat, round patties. Brush with oil and cook under the grill for 4 - 5 minutes on each side. Serve in the burger buns with the salad leaves.

This is a real easy healthy yummy recipe and i highly suggest that any one who has time to and loves cooking should try it. Wink

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

۩
#3 Posted : 8/21/2009 9:26:04 PM

Aegle I'm eating this for lunch! THX+

Aegle
#4 Posted : 8/21/2009 9:29:05 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Yay! (Im totally beaming) Nice one let me know what you think House. Wink

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Infinite I
#5 Posted : 8/21/2009 10:12:25 PM

JC

I started a thread a while back here http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=5561

Totally forgot about it but theres a great curry recipe, you might appreiate it aegle as my dads a veggis and lives on currys lol

Heres a carbonara recipe my mate gave me.

A tub of double cream
Tablespoon of parmesan
2 or 3 egg yolks
4-6 slices of bacon (pancetta is meant to be used but bacon does)
5 cloves of garlic ( I usually like a lot of garlic)
Packet of spaghetti
salt and pepper
butter
parsley for seasoning

Melt a decent amount of butter in a pan then add your chopped garlic. Fry your garlic then add your chopped bacon. Cook your spaghetti in a different pot. Add your cream to a bowl then add the parmesan to the cream and mix. Add salt and pepper.Then add the cream and cheese to the pan with bacon and simmer. Once the spaghetti is ready add to the pan and mix. Add your beaten eggs to spaghetti and mix quickly so it binds everything together, quickly remember so the egg doesnt have time to cook. Serve, garnished with parsley, I also sometimes sprinkle extra parmesan on the fionished dish.

gammagore
#6 Posted : 2/25/2010 7:49:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Digging up an old thread.

Cabbage salad: Take a raw cabbage, slice very fine, the same consistency as coleslaw.
Throw into a bowl, add a dash or few of white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.

delicious salad.

Another salad - Slice a cucumber into rings, dice a garlic clove very fine, put into a bowl and add vinegar and a little salt.

more recipes to comeSmile

#7 Posted : 2/25/2010 8:08:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kedgeree:
Scottish / Indian fusion dish of old!

serves 2
Long grain rice - 4 handfulls
eggs - 3
Smoked & Peppered Mackerel - 200g (smoked Haddock is traditional, but mackerel is better IMO)
Spices - Garam Masala, Tumeric, Jamaican Allspice - 2 pinches each
Sunflower seeds - tablespon
Butter - 4 or more heaped tablespoons depending on taste
fresh coriander - lots

Wash rice well & boil
hard boil the eggs (you can use the rice water)
cut or flake fish
melt butter in large pan
add sunflower seeds & spices and increase heat
add rice and fish to the pan
chop eggs and add to mix
stir and fry for 2-4 mins
add coriander as garnish & serve

This takes less than 20mins to make and tastes brilliant. You can change the spice to taste, I always use a different blend every time.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

#8 Posted : 2/25/2010 8:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Roasted beetroot and black pudding. Mmmmmm!!
Also, one for the chemists - no matter what you're cookng, try this: get some small sweet tomatoes, half them, add salt, ground black pepper and olive oil. Then whack em in a roasting dish and stick em in the oven at teh lowest possible heat. Leave for a few hours. More delicious than words can express...
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

#9 Posted : 2/25/2010 8:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pudding:

Step 1: leave a big bar of erally good white chocolate in a container with a handful of cardamon pods for a week
Step 2: eat and explode with deliciousness
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Espiridion
#10 Posted : 2/26/2010 9:15:56 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Thanks all! I just stopped eating meat FIVE days ago! Do I feel better about myself? Yes. Do I feel better physically? Not yet. Phew. What were they, putting heroin in my meat??? I feel like I'm wearing lead boots...

So many more choices now than when I was a kid for vegetarians.

Next? DAIRY!!!

Then? ONLY RAW!!!!

Then? Barefoot sungazing??? NAH!

Cool
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

۩
#11 Posted : 2/26/2010 9:24:11 PM

Collect some good mushrooms, preferably black chanetrelles.

then, start cooking brown rice, chopping carrots, cucumbers, avocado, sprouts, nuts, cabbage, or whatever you feel like at the time.

Next, mix 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of ice water and stir in an egg just enough to mix, don't over do it. (this is your tempura batter)

Heat up coconut oil in frying pan and dip the mushrooms in the batter, frying them quickly until the perfect tempura consistency occurs (doesn't take long)

next, dry them on a rack of some sort.

Add tempura chanetrelles to a piece of nori with rice and vegetables of your choice.

Lick top, and wrap.

Dip in soy sauce with wasabi.

Eat 10.

Bliss.

p.s. many things shouldn't be eaten raw, espiridion,
many people glorify the diet but it can be hard on your digestive system.
Cooking is good. raw is good too :] depends on what it is.

ms_manic_minxx
#12 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:10:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tonight I made "boats," and I wanted to eat about NINE HUNDRED of them!!

1 romaine leaf
smear with guacamole
decorate with cucumber slices
smear with salsa
decorate with tomato slices
peel carrots maniacally to continue decoration
top with a toupee of alfalfa sprouts

Grab by the sides and sail into your esophagus!

IT'S A BOAT!!!!!!!

As long as there are veggies in your fridge, you can eat them indefinitely. Instead of salsa/guac, a nice sunflower seed hummus optionally stuffed with veggie pulp from a juicer rocks, too.

(I'd love to have my own raw cooking show where I wear a dinosaur uniform and play Alex Jones documentaries on loop in the background. Smile )
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

breakMYhead
#13 Posted : 2/27/2010 1:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wonderful thread.

i got a few to add... firstly:

Spinach Balls.

(i never measure/weigh anything - i do what looks/feels right - so you might have to work a few things out for yourself)

I buy a bag of baby spinach.

wash, and boil in a little water until wilted well.
allow to cool, then squeeze out as much water as possible and chop with a knife
add a handful of small breadcrumbs to a bowl, grate in parmesan, garlic, and season.
add spinach. mix. and more parmesan Smile
mix in a beaten egg (leave this out if you dont eat eggs - but it's better with)
form the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut.
fry in some good olive oil

i usually serve them on top of some spaghetti mixed with a nice pesto.

enjoy!
i post on behalf of a good friend.

Aegle
#14 Posted : 2/27/2010 6:32:41 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Espiridion

Wow that's so awesome! Veggies unite...Ive been veggie for almost 11 years now and it completely change my life i was never a big meat eater before any way, i mostly ate chicken and fish. I'm stronger and healthier than ever before i hardly even get sick, I'm also a much happier person because I'm not absorbing all that pain and suffering from those poor animals. Never mind all the hormones that get pumped into them.

I have such a deep love and respect for all animals, i don't feel right eating anything that i can make friends with... :b
Thank you for being such a light and inspiration my friend...

Much Peace and Rainbows

arimane
#15 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:10:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I did onion ice cream.
I first made a pulp from 250 grams of white onions.
Them put them to cook, adding some sugared milk when it looked like it was too dry (a long cooking is necessary to eliminate the nasty non-sweet taste of onions). Then, I add a mix of 75\25 milk\water with much sugar (like 300 ml of liquid for 100 grams sugar) and let cook, stirring often, until it gets the right consistency.

After this, put to cool, then in the fridge for an hour, then in the freezer and every 20 minutes you have to stir, so it gets the ice cream consistency. I did like 4 times.

Then, after a night in the freezer, ready.
It wasn't bad... just couldn't eat much of it =D

Just an experiment
Bad, bad english

jamie
#16 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:42:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

get some organic coconut milk..add some blended up blueberrie, balck berries..stir them in with some sliced apple pieces..add a pinch of flax seeds..then a bit of cocoa or cacao powder...throw is some nuts of whatever kind you want..mix it all together and freeze it just enough to that its like frozen yogurt but not a solid block of ice and then eat it.

Or make some pancakes with organic pea flourand water, and some cinnamon..sugar if you like(it tastes bad raw but when made into pancakes i like it)..then put the cocnut ice cream over them.

Strangely enough I like it on salad as well..
Long live the unwoke.

Aegle
#17 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:22:16 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Carrot And Orange Stir-Fry

Serves 4

Ingredients

2 TBSP Sunflower Oil
450g/1LB Carrots, Grated
225g/8OZ Leeks, Shredded
2 Oranges, Peeled and Segmented
2TBSP Tomato Ketchup
1TBSP Demerara Sugar
2TBSP Light Soy Sauce
100G/3.5OZ Chopped Peanuts

1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large preheated wok.

2. Add the grated carrot and leeks to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are just soft.

3. Add the orange segments to the wok and heat through gently, ensuring that you do not break up the orange segments as you stir the mixture.

4. Mix the tomato ketchup, sugar and soy sauce together in a small bowl.

5. Add the tomato ketchup mixture to the wok and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.

6. Transfer the stir-fry to warmed serving bowls and scatter over the chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.

Enjoy all, this is so super yummy. :b

Much Peace and Yum Yums

Touche Guevara
#18 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:29:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara's Hyperspace Quesadillas

You will need:
Tortillas
Black beans
Salsa (pico de gallo is great)
Guacamole
Shredded cheese

Just drain and wash the black beans and throw them in a pot on medium-high heat with some water. Drain the water and kill the heat when the beans are cooked through.
Pour some oil in a frying pan and turn on the heat. Toss in a tortilla, get it coated nicely with oil, and then flip it. Add your beans, cheese, guacamole, and salsa, then fold the tortilla over in a half-circle shape. Flip it once, and enjoy with some tabasco sauce.

Easy, vegetarian, relatively healthy, and cheap!

endlessness
#19 Posted : 2/26/2011 6:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Baked (or fried burguers of) quinoa and vegetables

Portions: 8

Ingredients:
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of soy protein
3 cups of water
some vegetable stoking (preferably organic, you dont want that E-xxx MSG cocktails Razz)
4 medium carrots
1 zucchini
1 onion
some nuts in pieces
half a cup of oats or non-sweet granola
half a cup of flour of any kind

+ (optional for non-vegans)

2 Eggs (preferably organic/free range)
a few grams of Grinded cheese (also preferably organic)

How to make

-Grind small the carrots, zucchini and onion.
-Boil 1 cup of quinoa with 3 cups of water plus a spoon of the vegetable stocking, with the lid on top, for about 15 mins on medium fire (just make sure the grains have opened up).
-Add the soy protein and the grinded vegetables and mix well
-Sprinkle some nuts, and non-vegans can sprinkle some cheese too

If one wants to make burguers, its better with eggs because it holds in a better consistence when frying. In the oven with eggs it can be good too, but not strictly necessary.

- When the ingredients are mixed, use the flour and oats/granola or similar to give it a more firm/drier consistence.
-If you want to fry, its good to go. Otherwise for the oven:
-Then just put in a large oven tray for an hour and a half maybe (sorry never really measure time, I just wait till its nicely brown on top. If its too thick in the tray, the inside will not be too done, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but if you use eggs better have it thin. Personally I preffer in the oven, I rather avoid fried things but these burguers can be good too and are quicker to make Razz

This can also be a great stuffing like for example for paprika in the oven, but I recommend pre-baking it in the oven by itself first and later stuffing the paprika and into the oven for some more time otherwise the inside will not be done

This is delicious accompanying some plate like for example rice and beans or whatever you want. Hope if someone makes it they like it Smile

Shadowman-x
#20 Posted : 2/26/2011 8:29:09 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Oh man, you're all such great cooks!
I wanna have a nexus picnic! a nexus viking feast~! Man you're all so diverse in your cooking
Smile so much wonderful foood!!!!
its hard to say what to put here, but for those of you that like meat..
Coq au vin:
Ingredients
4 Chicken breasts
an onion
6 cloves of garlic
a cup of chopped mushrooms (your favorite kind)
4 slices of bacon chopped into little squares
a zucchini
2 carrots
250ml red wine
2 good sized potatoes
a good sized chunk of ginger
salt, pepper, paprika, cumin
a pinch of flour and cheese
pre-heat the oven to 375
First, you chop your onions, carrots and zucchini into smaller squares, and begin frying your chicken breasts in a frying pan until they begin releasing their juices, then add the choppde onions and carrots and bacon , and continue to fry adding salt and pepper and stirring until the chicken breasts start browning, and plenty of juice has been released
then stir in flour and cheese until a slightly thicker consistency is achieved, like gravy.

then transfer the contents into a deep baking dish, like a turkey pan, and add the wine, zucchini potatos and garlic, and cover, allow to bubble and cook until the gravy has thickened again and the chicken / potatos are entirely cooked.

I'll keep adding to this post Smile
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

12NEXT