We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
CNN: Can LSD Make You A Billionaire? Options

gilga_mesh
#1 Posted : 1/29/2015 11:45:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

found this on CNN:

"If one part of success in Silicon Valley is dependent on your ability to stay up all night and code, the other part depends on your ability to think outside the box. Some in the Valley are trying to force creativity by taking LSD."

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 1/29/2015 1:45:38 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

It'll be worth billions, Frito, billions!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Valura
#3 Posted : 1/29/2015 3:21:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can make you realize you don't need to be...

pitubo
#4 Posted : 1/29/2015 3:56:59 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Can LSD make you watch CNN?

Eeewww!

frobot
#5 Posted : 1/30/2015 11:14:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The title is a bit misleading but I can agree that I have had those moments myself when working on a hard piece of code and LSD or some other substance has let me see it in new light and suddenly I know how to write it.

Godsmacker
#6 Posted : 3/14/2015 8:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How to become a billionaire (as explained by CNN):

Step 1: Learn how to code
Step 2: Take LSD
Step 3: ???
Step 4: BILLIONAIRE
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

joedirt
#7 Posted : 3/14/2015 9:56:38 PM

Not I

I have certainly had some creative sparks on LSD that panned out in real life...

But I don't know about taking this drug (personally) just so I can try and maximize my net worth.. I have literally felt a deep connection..and total unity with the universe while on this substance... that universe includes all the impoverished people out there... I guess psychedelics really do raise my consciousness and heighten things like compassion and empathy (which is what I'd classify as raised consciousness....) Though to be fair I use them for that purpose...

I suppose if I sat down with an interesting problem to solve on say 25-100ugs then it might work. But seriously LSD above 250ugs almost alway's becomes spiritual to me... but then I seek that side out of these drugs..

It really is amazing how much attention psychedelics are getting these day's. When I first joined this board I had just made a long post theorizing that psilocybin would be a great anti depressant.. this was about a year before the Hopkins studies... and now it's almost daily that I'm seeing something about them in the news... Big grin
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Ringworm
#8 Posted : 3/16/2015 1:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on Joe.
When I was first getting into all this early/mid 1990's, the very idea of Medical MJ was a pipedream and kinda laughable. Now recreational usage is legal in two states, and medical in many of them.

Times change, despite the continued drug war, popular opinion is slowly changing over time.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

BringsUsTogether
#9 Posted : 4/20/2015 11:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As these drugs continue to gain attention from the media, it is unclear how the public will react to their coverage.

When they said that "LSD has been shown to be highly addictive" it really made me go from being excited at the prospect of the public learning about the potential of these psychedelics to feeling a sense of hopelessness in expecting them to dispel old rumors and propaganda.

We can only hope that LSD will follow the path of medical MJ, like ringworm said.

Doc Buxin
#10 Posted : 4/24/2015 11:58:34 PM

Pay No Mind

Very interesting...

Not very surprising though...

According to this report, I should have been a multi-billionaire several times over by now with all the LSD I've ingested in my lifetime!Big grin

Alas, I am not...No worries though...

I resonate more with what joedirt posted above. For me, it's all about that deep connection with the universe & the raised consciousness that accompanies it.Smile

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Nathanial.Dread
#11 Posted : 5/3/2015 5:39:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, this is exactly the message we want people to get from psychedelics...
"If you take these drugs, you too can come to be a dominating figure in the world of 21st century industrial capitalism."

/sarc Stop
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Adjhart
#12 Posted : 5/3/2015 7:03:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Godsmacker wrote:
How to become a billionaire (as explained by CNN):

Step 1: Learn how to code
Step 2: Take LSD
Step 3: ???
Step 4: BILLIONAIRE

Laughing Laughing Laughing