We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a very nice cannabis tincture Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 1/28/2015 11:00:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ingredients:
1/2 oz finely ground Thumbs up organic trim or buds
400ml 195 proof PGA
2 mason jars
gold coffee filter (will not absorb the PGA)
Regular coffee filter to cover jar during evap.

First decarboxylate the cannabis by placing in a covered glass baking dish at 200F for 45 minutes. This will increase the amount of alcohol soluble THC.

Place herb in a mason jar and cover with 200ml PGA for a week or two, shaking vigorously daily.

I use a gold coffee fliter to strain the PGA into a second jar. Cover the top with a coffee filter rubber banded to the top to evap some of the PGA and the cover the herb again with the remaining 200ml PGA in jar 1 shaking daily for another week before straining into the the jar with the first pull.

I will then cover the jar with a coffee filter to let some of the PGA evaporate for another week to cut down the alcohol in a dose.

Typically one dropper full (21 drops) is a nice mellow addition to my nightly tea. be sure to give 2hrs before deciding to redose so you can truly find your threshold. Too much can be unpleasant and the effect rise slowly and steadily and last a while.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 1/29/2015 1:00:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does PGA mean pure grain alcohol? Your tech sound pretty good, but with using room temp ethanol for that length of time you are going to strip out a lot of unwanted junk like chlorophyll and wax and fat from the herb. 3 minutes worth of contact between herb and alcohol is really all you need and you should do 2-3 pulls to get all the goodies out. You can either combine all the pulls or keep them separate and your A run will the most clean as it has about 70-80% of the goodies in it. Another suggestion is to either use ice cold alcohol, ice cold glass and ice cold herbs for the extraction to limit the amount of chlorophyll and other junk you pull and only get the good actives out. Or you can do the 3 minute extraction with room temp herb and alcohol and place the extracted liquid into the coldest freezer possible for a few days, then filter the ice cold liquid through a few stacked coffee filters or lab filter which should strain out a lot of the plant fats and waxes. This will not get rid of the chlorophyll however, so ice cold extraction is preferable to limit chlorophyll being extracted in the first place. Tincture is great! if you take this tech a step further and evap your tincture on a flat bottom glass baking dish slowly for several days you will be left with a really nice honey oil or shatter glass consistency extract that you can vape in an e-cig setup or take dabs with your favorite bong.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

skoobysnax
#3 Posted : 1/29/2015 6:20:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah PGA being 195 proof liquor, Everclear, moonshineBig grin . Is their a negative to ingesting chlorophyll? I kinda like the taste of it. Maybe next run I will split the batch and bioessay to see if the extras color it.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Mitakuye Oyasin
#4 Posted : 1/29/2015 8:18:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IMHO I do not think there is a negative to ingesting chlorophyll in a tincture. I think its a personal taste preference. I have made tincture much the way you have before, ending up with a green liquid and it tasted fine to me. I prefer to make an Absolute tincture (without the plant waxes, fats and chlorophyll) because I like the taste better, but also because I like to evap most of it into an Absolute Honey Oil. If you are going to evap and vape any of your tincture, the taste is much better IMHO with the Absolute.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

GOD
#5 Posted : 1/30/2015 8:02:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That decarboxilation time and temperature sound vey much to me . Befoe i'd read that if its dried properly it is already decarboxilated and that one can do it quicker in an oven at 100 C for ten minutes .

A bottle with powdered cannabis covered with the strongest clear vodka or rum and left in darkness produces a green alcohol that is one of my favorite ways of ingestion .

People i know used to bing it back from jamaica and the customs didnt know what it was .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

steppa
#6 Posted : 2/16/2015 11:39:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
That decarboxilation time and temperature sound vey much to me . Befoe i'd read that if its dried properly it is already decarboxilated and that one can do it quicker in an oven at 100 C for ten minutes .

According to this chart:

Temperature and time seem to be good. Although it could of course be done quicker.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

flowersniffer
#7 Posted : 7/6/2015 2:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to get all the nasties out, soak your material overnight in water, it will turn very brown and smelly very quickly. You can change the water if you want to do 2 extractions. This should get all the water soluble nastiness out and leave the goodies. You then just dry and proceed as normal.

In India I would make Bhang paste with my guest house owner who told me that the water solubles would cause kidney problems if left in.

Interestingly, he decarboxylated by boiling the Bhang (Shite, unsmokable weed) in water for around an hour to an hour and a half, before grinding it to a paste. I've never seen any teks mention this method of decarboxlyation... but it works Smile

Once you have the paste you can either eat it as is, mix with Yogurt, for a Bhang lassie etc etc...

skoobysnax
#8 Posted : 10/24/2015 9:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flowersniffer wrote:
If you want to get all the nasties out, soak your material overnight in water, it will turn very brown and smelly very quickly. You can change the water if you want to do 2 extractions. This should get all the water soluble nastiness out and leave the goodies. You then just dry and proceed as normal.

In India I would make Bhang paste with my guest house owner who told me that the water solubles would cause kidney problems if left in.

Interestingly, he decarboxylated by boiling the Bhang (Shite, unsmokable weed) in water for around an hour to an hour and a half, before grinding it to a paste. I've never seen any teks mention this method of decarboxlyation... but it works Smile

Once you have the paste you can either eat it as is, mix with Yogurt, for a Bhang lassie etc etc...

That's new info for me. Thanks!

Why am I here?

Cactus Man
#9 Posted : 11/4/2019 9:12:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A lil birdie told me this TEK is great if you gestate the macerating herb on 30C for quite some time Big grin