We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lucid dreamers - explained by science Options

bodhi
#1 Posted : 1/26/2015 4:47:10 AM

it's just a dream

Awareness of thinking; awareness of dreaming.

Lucid dreams and metacognition

I can attest to having pronounced self reflection, literally non stop. Embarrased

I have always been able to lucid dream.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/26/2015 6:25:57 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I love lucid dreaming, but the title "lucid dreaming - explained by science" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Has lucid dreaming really been explained? I mean, we've always known that more self-awareness of your thoughts/perceptions tends to correlate with better dream awareness, and this study just supports that with some hard data. Which is great, and it's definitely worthwhile research...but pointing at correlations with brain structure/activity explains little about the actual nature of the multi-faceted world of the dream experience itself.

Still very interesting findings though. I think we need to pour more research into this area. To me the possibilities of the dream state seem beyond profound. The most intense psychedelic states of my life have actually been in this state to be honest.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 1/26/2015 4:37:46 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Full text attached for your consideration.

Well this is interesting! It appears they found that certain brain areas were thicker in lucid dreamers, the BA 9/10 area of the frontal cortex and the hippocampus. Say, didn't they find that area of the frontal cortex was also thicker in people with a long term meditation practice? Didn't they also find same thing in the hippocampus?

Here we go down the rabbit hole. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca