We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marsofold vs Cyb's Tek Comparison (1st two extractions) Options

JustCurious.
#1 Posted : 1/25/2015 5:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

Recently completed my second extraction; using Cyb's tek.

I chose Cyb's tek for my second extraction, as for my first extraction I went via marsofolds tek; the product was of a high quality but the yield was disappointingly low.

I'm going to give a quick summary of how my first extractions went and compare the two.

Yield

Marsofold's Tek: 0.56 %

Cyb's Tek: 1.25 %

Cyb's tek gave over double the yield of marsofold's tek, even after one Re-X. Cyb's tek is clearly a more efficient extraction. Possible reasons for the significant difference in yield are the salting process and the fact that using several small bottles ensures the naptha mixes more thoroughly with the basic solution, rather than using a huge demijohn in marsofolds tek. Heated pulls in Cyb's tek surely also increased yield.

Final Product

Marsofold's Tek: Dense off-white crystals

Cyb's Tek: Very light, fluffy, full spectrum yellow crystals

Marsofolds tek produced some glistening white crytals with no discolouration what so ever. Cyb's tek gave a much more vibrant yellow product. The main reason in the difference has to be the heated pulls in Cyb's tek. I found it very difficult heating the extraction vessel in Marsofold's tek using a crockpot, as it was simply too large. I guess it depends on what you want here; full spectrum or pure white crystals - I prefer the vibrancy of the full spectrum product myself.

Ease of Procedure

Cyb's tek is a much more 'Noob-friendly' tek. The ease of using small reaction vessels makes every aspect of handling the reaction vessel so much easier. Steps such as heating the pulls and mixing the naptha are much simpler using small bottles when compared to the bulky demijohn in marsofold's tek. Marsofold's suggestion to complete the acid-soak in a crockpot means that fumes often leave the vessel and leave the room with a nasty vinegar smell, which I'm sure nobody wants lingering around the house, much better to be able to cap a small bottle which produced no fumes what so ever.

Extraction Guide

Cyb's tek includes pictures which are really helpful for first timers, ensuring that solutions are the right colour etc. Steps are written out clearly on single pages, very easy to understand.

Marsofold's tek is the definition of simplicity...Literally a couple of paragraphs, not great for first timers but still easy to follow.

Conclusion

Cyb's tek. Hands down. It seems the hybrid tek has well surpassed the traditional A/B in almost every area worth considering.

I congratulate Cyb on producing a wonderful tek !

Pictures of final products below.

JustCurious. attached the following image(s):
1ST EX..jpg (124kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
2nd ex.jpg (325kb) downloaded 110 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 1/25/2015 5:12:03 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Did you use the same bark (same batch) for both tek ?
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

JustCurious.
#3 Posted : 1/25/2015 5:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Used same supplier, but different batches.

OneStepBeyond
#4 Posted : 1/25/2015 6:05:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was this MHRB or ACRB?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

JustCurious.
#5 Posted : 1/25/2015 6:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MHRB

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 1/25/2015 7:16:58 PM

JustCurious. wrote:

So it's difficult to compare because the first batch could be 2 times weaker and that could explain this big difference.

Anyway, Cyb's tek is my favorite.

JustCurious.
#7 Posted : 1/25/2015 7:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
JustCurious. wrote:

So it's difficult to compare because the first batch could be 2 times weaker and that could explain this big difference.

Anyway, Cyb's tek is my favorite.

I agree. However, Marsofolds tek states a yield of 2.5 g from 500 g MHRB, which is more or less exactly what was achieved. Yet Cyb's tek states around 2 %, which means that if anything, going by the yields stated in the teks, the bark used in Cyb's tek could be weaker...

But anyway, I agree that using different batches of bark is not a completely fair comparison.

At least we can agree that Cyb's tek is a better choice.

JustCurious.
#8 Posted : 1/25/2015 7:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of yields are you getting from Cyb's tek ?

I know there is improvements I can make, any suggestions or changes you have made to the tek that seemed to work ?

DansMaTete
#9 Posted : 1/25/2015 10:41:33 PM

My yields are around 1,5% but, as i always spill some solvent at one point (and it's really bad when it's during a re-x), it's not very accurate.

One thing with Cyb's tek : don't go over 40-45°C and the resulting spice will be more white (whiter ?).

Hey ! You can avoid double posts by using the edit button in the right corner of your posts.

JustCurious.
#10 Posted : 1/25/2015 11:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah that's a good tip.

I was on the forum and saw a conversation and some one stated keep it around 70 degrees, which is what I did.

I'll be sure to keep it around 40-50 next time and post the results.

Thanks for the advice.

DavidFox
#11 Posted : 6/2/2023 1:42:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you good to know