We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Best type of condenser for solvent distillation? Options

hostilis
#21 Posted : 1/24/2015 10:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Whatevs, this seemed useful: Choosing the right condenser

Hostilis: An addition funnel, with a tap and ground glass joints, in your kitchen?? Pleased But that was originally addressed to pitubo Big grin

The photo was very cluttered, so I tidied it up as a total rush job on a program with next to no meaningful functionality. It's a picture of a setup which I know to work. If it were to have the appropriate tubes attached in the appropriate places.

Thanks for the reference. And I just need a simple glass funnel, nothing complicated. And okay, I thought the picture was taken out of one picture and stamped onto a another one. I'm only going to be distilling small amounts so I don't need a gigantic setup. Just gonna use a flask/distillation bulb/condenser/flask.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 2/12/2015 11:46:49 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

pitubo wrote:
If the wine is very crappy and sour, just add a pinch of lye or soda befor distilling, or you'll codistill some of the acetic acid.

If you add too much base, ammonia will come over which is a worse taint than acetic acid.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12