We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Transdermal experiences through beautiful harmala body paintings Options

Knarkkorven
#1 Posted : 1/9/2015 8:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How's that for a subject line? Big grin

We all know that the harmala alkaloids glows under UV light.
A few years ago I decided to bring this to the "next level" (I'm not claiming to be the first to do this, someone might have done it before, I don't know).

I grinded one tea spoon of Peganum harmala seeds in a mortar and put in a half-filled glass of water. This was micro waved for a minute and I let it sit for about 10 minutes.

I had bought a 15W fluorescent UV light and a small paint brush, and standing in front of the mirror I began painting my body with the harmala water.

During the time I painted my body and for an hour afterwards I felt the effects in my body, you know the slight "high" feeling. It became a very enriching experience to stand there in the blue-green psychedelic light, concentrating on painting myself. So, if anyone didn't know, harmala can be used transdermaly. If you aren't interested in art, just cover your arm or something... Smile

This is the results. The paint glows for several days, but loose some "energy" after a shower. However, It can't be seen at all in normal light.

Try it sometime! Smile
Knarkkorven attached the following image(s):
harmala_2014_1.jpg (37kb) downloaded 211 time(s).
harmala_2014_4.jpg (48kb) downloaded 207 time(s).
harmala_2014_5.jpg (27kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
harmala_2014_6.jpg (42kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
harmala_2014_8.jpg (50kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
scary.jpg (48kb) downloaded 204 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 1/9/2015 9:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is really cool, going to have to try it!
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 1/9/2015 10:57:24 PM

dysfunctional word machine

The use of harmalas as a fluorescent paint is really nice, especially at parties. But to experience effects from less than a teaspoon of transdermal rue sounds a bit like a stretch to me, placebo effect may be involved here.

The harmalas do penetrate quite deeply into the skin and can stay there for weeks, especially where the skin is thick, like the hands. One time I had been processing rue seeds in quantity and weeks later when I went to a festival, I was startled to see myself glowing green in a mirror that hung in a place with some blacklights.

Anyone extracting harmalas should look at themselves in a blacklight afterwards, just to discover how often one scratches face, nose and ears.

Knarkkorven
#4 Posted : 1/10/2015 12:14:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
experience effects from less than a teaspoon of transdermal rue sounds a bit like a stretch to me, placebo effect may be involved here.

It's possible. Also, standing in the psychedelic "atmosphere" seeing the patterns glowing from my body surly contributes. It's like tripping and seeing entities.

Quote:
weeks later when I went to a festival, I was startled to see myself glowing green in a mirror that hung in a place with some blacklights.

Shhh! If the cops find out, they can use the hand held UV light used to find fake money to "screen" and catch us! Big grin

Quote:
Anyone extracting harmalas should look at themselves in a blacklight afterwards, just to discover how often one scratches face, nose and ears.

Very true!

pitubo
#5 Posted : 1/10/2015 1:53:06 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Knarkkorven wrote:
Also, standing in the psychedelic "atmosphere" seeing the patterns glowing from my body surly contributes. It's like tripping and seeing entities.

Very true. I forgot to give you my compliments for the nice artwork!

cave paintings
#6 Posted : 1/10/2015 3:23:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I read this browsing an Erowid vault on Harmalas.. but I believe this transdermal effect is echoed in the magic carpet myths of the ancient Middle East. Carpet dyers and cloth makers encountered this while working intimately and daily with the Syrian rue dyes. Sounds like a blast. I did a very large (probably too large) dose of Syrian rue last time, and have not had the opportunity to work with the plant since, but I'd love to try some body painting.
Living to Give

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#7 Posted : 1/11/2015 8:46:01 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Wow that is so out-of-the-box and creative!
Awesome artwork, awesome idea!
I will have to try this.
I have 3g SR brewed into half a cup of water, I plan on taking tonight.
Debating on nebulizing it (see my thread), drinking it, or doing this.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

jamie
#8 Posted : 1/11/2015 10:44:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is how I plan to festival this summer.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#9 Posted : 1/12/2015 1:58:21 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

awesome Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nexalizer
#10 Posted : 1/15/2015 1:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome indeed!Big grin
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.