We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Plant pictures Options

exquisitus
#21 Posted : 7/14/2017 5:33:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anybody could id this plant? the beautiful silvery one. likes to form a double spiral with morning glories. if we try to interpret that fact like they did in 18th century, perhaps that means it goes well with morning glories as a decoction...

i think it's some kind of artemisia (certainly tastes similar), but can't quite pin it down...

exquisitus attached the following image(s):
20170713_170134.jpg (2,640kb) downloaded 292 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#22 Posted : 11/16/2017 1:42:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Many of the colas are still packing on the size and girth. Getting close Cool

○ attached the following image(s):
5.jpg (154kb) downloaded 263 time(s).
6.jpg (160kb) downloaded 262 time(s).
photo3.jpg (171kb) downloaded 263 time(s).

Mitakuye Oyasin
#23 Posted : 11/17/2017 1:14:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good tatt. Do you use Molasses on your soil at all?
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

#24 Posted : 11/17/2017 10:22:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Looking good tatt. Do you use Molasses on your soil at all?

Hey Mitakuye, thanks Smile

I've read about it, and many seem to praise it over on the other forum I'm on; seems like an all around good thing to use for all levels of growth. I'm going to need to get some for the next grow I think; I might need to be careful as I'm still running through what I have left of the fox farm line. Cheers

#25 Posted : 11/25/2017 11:50:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Today was the day, had around 70% cloudy trichomes, only a few slightly ambers. Spent quite awhile getting it down and trimmed, and I had been using these cheap hair scissors since the last grow for the trimming part, and this being a bigger harvest than last, man that was grueling. So happy to be done with that part. Big grin

Weighed wet came out to 587g. Will be curious to see what it comes down to once it's all dried and cured.

Going to make some edibles here in a bit once I get the weight of the trimmings.

4.jpg (154kb) downloaded 222 time(s).
5.jpg (165kb) downloaded 222 time(s).
photo2.jpg (123kb) downloaded 223 time(s).
photo3.jpg (123kb) downloaded 222 time(s).

Mitakuye Oyasin
#26 Posted : 11/26/2017 10:41:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks great! I'm sure it smells fantastic as well. 1 tablespoon per gallon of molasses every third watering throughout flowering should boost your buds and produce more trichomes than not using it. It gives the plant easy to use sugars and feeds the good microbes in the soil which gives the plant more food and nutrients. It is a very cheap additive that almost any market can provide.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

#27 Posted : 11/26/2017 11:19:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Looks great! I'm sure it smells fantastic as well. 1 tablespoon per gallon of molasses every third watering throughout flowering should boost your buds and produce more trichomes than not using it. It gives the plant easy to use sugars and feeds the good microbes in the soil which gives the plant more food and nutrients. It is a very cheap additive that almost any market can provide.

Sounds good on the molasses, I'll definitely have to try that next time. Smile Thanks for the tip.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#28 Posted : 11/27/2017 12:46:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure. Also, if you are looking for an easy way to extract the goodies into a powerful concentrate I suggest ethanol, as high proof as you can find. Everclear or Spirytus should have at least 180-190 proof available for around $25 a 750ml bottle. Put all your herb (fresh or dried) into glass jars and freeze as cold as possible. Do the same with your alcohol bottles, as cold as possible. Then pour the alcohol over the frozen herb and agitate wildly for 2 minutes, then pour the liquid through a filter. Filter this liquid through a coffee filter or lab filter once or twice while liquid is still ice cold. This should trap any remaining plant waxes. You should now have a nice amber liquid. Pour this liquid into a shallow flat bottom glass baking dish and evaporate adding a few teaspoons of filtered or spring water as it evaps. You will be left with a shatter glass consistency extract that is full spectrum and has most of the terpines from your strain without any of the plant junk. it should be around 70-80 THC plus CBD, CBG and a whole array of cannabinoids and terpines. Vaping this stuff is pure heaven. Good luck.
— Terence McKenna

null24
#29 Posted : 11/27/2017 1:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Sure. Also, if you are looking for an easy way to extract the goodies into a powerful concentrate I suggest ethanol, as high proof as you can find. Everclear or Spirytus should have at least 180-190 proof available for around $25 a 750ml bottle. Put all your herb (fresh or dried) into glass jars and freeze as cold as possible. Do the same with your alcohol bottles, as cold as possible. Then pour the alcohol over the frozen herb and agitate wildly for 2 minutes, then pour the liquid through a filter. Filter this liquid through a coffee filter or lab filter once or twice while liquid is still ice cold. This should trap any remaining plant waxes. You should now have a nice amber liquid. Pour this liquid into a shallow flat bottom glass baking dish and evaporate adding a few teaspoons of filtered or spring water as it evaps. You will be left with a shatter glass consistency extract that is full spectrum and has most of the terpines from your strain without any of the plant junk. it should be around 70-80 THC plus CBD, CBG and a whole array of cannabinoids and terpines. Vaping this stuff is pure heaven. Good luck.

Nice nugs! Thumbs up What is the final trimmed weight?

I haven't tried this yet, but the folks I know who enjoy extracts and dabs and stuff echo what you say about the quality of this method. Think they call it winterizing around here.

I may be confusing it with live resin, but I think that fresh green plant matter prior to drying is used?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mitakuye Oyasin
#30 Posted : 11/27/2017 2:31:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Null,

Yes most people refer to using fresh plant material for extracts as live resin for the final product. People are using CO2, Butane, Ethanol and other solvents to extract. Usually Ethanol is not a good solvent to use with Cannabis because is picks up lots of unwanted material like waxes and chlorophyll. But when you lower the temp of the Ethanol to below the point where water freezes it actually traps the chlorophyll and waxes, making them easy to capture in the filter. Winterizing is using ice cold ethanol to trap these waxes and fats and chlorophyll in the filter no matter what your original extracting solvent is. Many butane extractions are purged and winterized using ice cold Ethanol. Another term popping up is Live Rosin, which is fresh live plant material run through a Rosin machine (a press with hot plates where you can dial in the temperature and force of pressure to extract the "rosin" out of the plant material using no solvents, just heat and pressure and time. Live Rosin and Live Resin smell and taste amazing as they carry over most of the plants original terpines which are often lost in drying and curing the plant material or through some of the other extraction techniques.
— Terence McKenna

#31 Posted : 11/27/2017 9:45:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

null24 wrote:

Nice nugs! Thumbs up What is the final trimmed weight?

Hey null thank you , I should've specified in the above post about the wet weight - it was with a quick trim getting most the the leaves off, still leaving a tiny bit of excess before weighing, though now it only lost a tiny bit of weight from the previous weight of 587g. At 564g now.

permatrip
#32 Posted : 11/27/2017 9:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

picture
permatrip attached the following image(s):
picturesof 008.JPG (3,719kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
put your hands in my hand and together we will take on all the world

#33 Posted : 11/28/2017 1:13:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

permatrip wrote:
picture

A beaut Cool

JP
#34 Posted : 11/28/2017 3:36:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Many of the colas are still packing on the size and girth. Getting close Cool

Those buds make me jealousThumbs up. Just curious, what type of lights do you use?
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

#35 Posted : 11/28/2017 9:41:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

JP wrote:

Just curious, what type of lights do you use?

Its a viparspectra 600w led, advertised as 600w though it only draws 290sum watts, seems to cover a 3x3 area really well. Smile

Has infrared diodes also, along with its veg and bloom spectrum diodes.

Also these pics below were the final shots before the chop chop. Very happy

Had posted them in another thread, but probably should throw them up here too.

5.jpg (165kb) downloaded 144 time(s).
4.jpg (175kb) downloaded 148 time(s).

Ulim
#36 Posted : 11/28/2017 4:53:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

permatrip
#37 Posted : 11/28/2017 9:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are beautiful heavy buds, tatt Big grin I've wanted to try LED's how far above the plants do you hang your light? Based on your pictures those lights really perform well. I looked at them on amazon and thought the price was fair.

#38 Posted : 11/29/2017 12:13:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

permatrip wrote:
Those are beautiful heavy buds, tatt Big grin I've wanted to try LED's how far above the plants do you hang your light? Based on your pictures those lights really perform well. I looked at them on amazon and thought the price was fair.

When I first started I had this led system far too close - not on this plant but another one I was growing, and it got light stress, if I remember right I think I had it around 12in from that other plant, and this was like 2.5 weeks into that grow, so I learned from my mistake then - and now I start them out at 24 inches or so from the canopy, and coincidently that 24 inches is the max height I can adjust to - it's essentially at the very top of the tent ;p;.

Thing is too - I start low stress training at around the 3rd or 4th node [early on], and keep it relatively low, and if any one area starts to get too tall then I just tie down that section accordingly and try to keep all the branches at a reasonable height from the light, because I know if I didn't do the low stress training - those colas would probably be close to touching the light Razz .

So it's kind've funny in a sense - the light doesn't move for me, so instead of adjusting light heighth - I adjust distance from the light by training the branches to stay at a reasonable distance.

The end result for me during flowering - is around 18 inches or so - the tips of the colas from the light, which has seemed to work out fine, so I try to keep my LST in check to get a rough distance of about that - 18 inches or so.

Though with all that said, leds been pretty versatile for me, so there is 'some' wiggle room with distances.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, hopefully it doesn't. Razz

permatrip
#39 Posted : 11/29/2017 2:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, that's not confusing at all. I'll write this down in my note book so when I get an led I can apply your experience to my grow. I got a 3x3x6 feet wood box I built and I bet that led would be perfect and the price is good too.

#40 Posted : 12/2/2017 9:43:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Just got them in jars, now for the curing.

Still haven't gotten a final weight yet, I'll do it next week sometimes.

Nice xtal coat Cool

photo2.jpg (127kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
photo4.jpg (132kb) downloaded 81 time(s).

PREV123NEXT