We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Psychedelic Therapy to help end Addictions. Who's experienced? Options

SKA
#1 Posted : 1/6/2015 12:03:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hai Nexians,

I've been hooked on the Tobacco monster for about 12 years now and I really want to quit.
I've attempted to quit about 3 times before, but each time fell back in the pit again.
So for my next attempt to quit(and not start ever again) I seek to use an aid. I could
obviously use some help.

Now the concept of Psychedelics + Therapeutic sessions to cease addictions, craving and all
is nothing new to me, but I've no experience with it and no knowledge of the Therapeutic
part of the psychedelic addiction-cessation session.
I have read of Iboga root, Ayahuasca and LSD all having been used succesfully in combination
with therapeutic sessions to end notorious addictions like heroin, alcohol & cocaine.
However I've never read anything about the therapy-part of those sessions.

I was wondering: Does anyone have experience with such Psychedelic therapy sessions to
aid in ending an addiction? Either self-performed or done by psychiatrists & psychologists
in a controlled setting?

What I'm interrested in is the content of the Therapy employed during these psychedelic
sessions. If anyone with experience could elaborate on that? Is such therapy something
that could be learned and performed in a DIY at home fashion?

I have had several psychedelic experiences in which I saw how badly I needed to quit smoking,
some even where the craving for tobacco disappeared completely for the duration of the trip.
But none of these effects and insights ever lasted.

I have at my disposal: Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD and DMT. I can obtain Ayahuasca ingredients,
Iboga root, HBWR & Morning Glory seeds, Yopo & Cebil, Salvia, Peyote & Trichocereus Cacti.

I would like to use the awesome power of psychedelics to help me escape the deathlock of
Tobacco, but need to learn structured methods and applications of therapy to make those psychedelic
sessions really count in breaking my Tobacco habbit.

Any experience and knowledge of such Therapy is welcome.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Chan
#2 Posted : 1/6/2015 12:56:07 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Hey Ska,

I'll report back tomorrow!

In the same situation, and today is my day for what I'm calling the Symposium.

As soon as it's dark, I'm planning on working my way steadily through the following:

Caapi tea, iboga, mapucho, psilocybin, DMT, salvia tincture, weed and a brandy*, if I get that far! I am comfortable with them all individually, he says Shocked I had also planned to kick off with kambo, but left it too late...

OBVIOUSLY, all doses will be at the low end of my normal, pre-measured, and everything will be spaced out so that each sacrament will hopefully unfold into the next without imploding the known universe. I've had to resort to "combo-therapy" as pure sessions haven't helped so far.

I've also obtained some cytisine tablets (Tabex brand) to start tomorrow, hopefully she will also prove a useful ally. It's my first time to try this.

Hopefully the results I get will be the results I need...

Anyways, better get back to the smudging, fasting and meditating, need to get my levels up!

———
* One of these things is not like the others, and it might appear odd, but a dash of nice old cognac rounds off heavy sessions beautifully IME. More weird molecules in the mix?
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#3 Posted : 1/6/2015 4:23:52 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

SKA wrote:
Hai Nexians,

I've been hooked on the Tobacco monster for about 12 years now and I really want to quit.
I've attempted to quit about 3 times before, but each time fell back in the pit again.
So for my next attempt to quit(and not start ever again) I seek to use an aid. I could
obviously use some help.

Now the concept of Psychedelics + Therapeutic sessions to cease addictions, craving and all
is nothing new to me, but I've no experience with it and no knowledge of the Therapeutic
part of the psychedelic addiction-cessation session.
I have read of Iboga root, Ayahuasca and LSD all having been used succesfully in combination
with therapeutic sessions to end notorious addictions like heroin, alcohol & cocaine.
However I've never read anything about the therapy-part of those sessions.

I was wondering: Does anyone have experience with such Psychedelic therapy sessions to
aid in ending an addiction? Either self-performed or done by psychiatrists & psychologists
in a controlled setting?

What I'm interrested in is the content of the Therapy employed during these psychedelic
sessions. If anyone with experience could elaborate on that? Is such therapy something
that could be learned and performed in a DIY at home fashion?

I have had several psychedelic experiences in which I saw how badly I needed to quit smoking,
some even where the craving for tobacco disappeared completely for the duration of the trip.
But none of these effects and insights ever lasted.

I have at my disposal: Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD and DMT. I can obtain Ayahuasca ingredients,
Iboga root, HBWR & Morning Glory seeds, Yopo & Cebil, Salvia, Peyote & Trichocereus Cacti.

I would like to use the awesome power of psychedelics to help me escape the deathlock of
Tobacco, but need to learn structured methods and applications of therapy to make those psychedelic
sessions really count in breaking my Tobacco habbit.

Any experience and knowledge of such Therapy is welcome.

I quit all tobacco cold turkey after smoking since I was extremely young (11 years old).

The biggest determining factor in quitting, IMO, is WILLPOWER and SELF RESTRAINT.

Perhaps psychedelics can help you realize why it is harmful and show you why you should quit in a profound way, but when you return to baseline it is solely UP TO YOU.

There is no escaping that fact.

Find something to replace the habit of smoking.
Avoid situations that trigger cravings.
RESTRAIN YOURSELF FROM PURCHASING/USING TOBACCO.

I have no experience with using Psychedelics to quit addictions, but I have experience quitting addictions with willpower.
Just say no, and remind yourself of what the (psychedelic) experience showed you.
There is no easy way, but it does get easier.
I'm almost a year tobacco free (I had one dip and spit it out, so I don't count that)
Still cravings, but I never feel a compelling need to dig in.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

GOD
#4 Posted : 1/6/2015 7:37:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My opinion ---- >

Self treatment with drugs is not a good idea . Its ego . Drugs dont stop adiction . The only thing that stops adiction is the person themselves .

The patient has psychology sessions and the drug is just suposed to put them in a position where they can think about it and see it differently .

As was said you have to do it . At the moment you are not doing it ...... because inside your subconscious mind you dont want to . You see more advantages than dissadvantages to it . When you realy see that your adiction is worth less than self pity you will stop .

When we dont get what we want in life we often seek other things that fill the gap ....... some choose drugs ...... wich DONT fill the gap . Adiction has very often got a self pity componant and a masochism factor .

A friend of mine has a life that they dont think is interesting enough = she smokes and never stops talking about giving up . She " trys " every few weeks ....... and realy enjoys the sympathy she gets .

Think about this . Tobaco costs a lot of money . It makes a person dumb because it affects the periferal blood vessels in the brain = they dont get as much oxygen . People who smoke cigarets smell like ashtrays but dont notice it .

Sorry if that hurt . I was hurt when i was told it by doctors but when i realised that it is true i stopped .

I have been adicted to cannabis , barbiturates , valium , alcohol , opiates and mixed tablets . Tobaco was the easyest to end . I just started rolling joints instead of cigarets .

I drank up to ten liters of beer a night over years . I knocked a bottle of beer over on my friends carpet ....... put my bottle down and stoped drinking . Since then i can take medicines that come in alcohol with no problems .

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 1/6/2015 7:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Personally I found the dissociatives were better suited to 'getting ones head around' leaving tobacco behind. I'm not trained in doling out psychotherapy but my thought processes involved recognising that tobacco is a means to an end, namely the delivery of nicotine to my brain, and that there is no real sense of loss by choosing to get my fix via another ROA apart from ceasing my self-indulgent desire for instant gratification (a pretty unattractive and destructive trait) . The nicotine monster is self-serving and creates a need for itself that can be met in many ways, and the price-tag on tobacco states in the small print that it fulfils this need at the cost of massive physical damage, and its use is not justified even to meet this need when other methods exist. Once I grasped the essence of this and whole-heartedly accepted it, I started using nicotine patches and tapered the dose by cutting them into progressively smaller pieces over about 3 weeks in a painless fashion. MXE, I thank you to this day! Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/6/2015 7:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Certain substances and plants can clearly help some people quitting different drugs, as has been shown in many researches. Do a search on google scholar and you'll find several articles including use of dissociatives, or psychedelic substances such as iboga, ayahuasca, peyote. There is evidence from ayahuasca churches , there is evidence from peyote native groups and alcoholism, plus several case reports, there are pharmacological researches that show actual effects in the nervous system with iboga, and different researches both from the 60s and recent in treatment of several addictions, etc.

Personally I stopped using tobacco (used to smoke a lot of hash with tobacco) after an LSD trip, and it wasn't something I was looking for, it just happened, big overnight change. Same with my diet. Sometimes it's spontaneous, but you can also look for it and prepare a mindset to achieve that goal.

Stanislav grof has an lsd psychotherapy book that you can find around the net and it's great, and details specifics of how to do the sessions.

GOD
#7 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:12:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@ Endlessness .

Can you please post some evidence for ---- >

" Certain substances and plants can clearly help some people quitting different drugs, as has been shown in many researches. Do a search on google scholar and you'll find several articles including use of dissociatives, or psychedelic substances such as iboga, ayahuasca, peyote. There is evidence from ayahuasca churches , there is evidence from peyote native groups and alcoholism, plus several case reports, there are pharmacological researches that show actual effects in the nervous system with iboga, and different researches both from the 60s and recent in treatment of several addictions, etc. "

How can certain substances and plants do that ? Wich plants and substances ? Like cannabis because it relaxes ?

Or is it that the person puts themselves in a position where they see things better / more honestly with certain substances ? = Not the substance in itself its the person .

EDIT ...... A VERY easy experiment = Give an adict a full narcosis and then the drug . Are they cured when they wake up ?

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

Synkromystic
#8 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
@ Endlessness .

Can you please post some evidence for ---- >

" Certain substances and plants can clearly help some people quitting different drugs, as has been shown in many researches. Do a search on google scholar and you'll find several articles including use of dissociatives, or psychedelic substances such as iboga, ayahuasca, peyote. There is evidence from ayahuasca churches , there is evidence from peyote native groups and alcoholism, plus several case reports, there are pharmacological researches that show actual effects in the nervous system with iboga, and different researches both from the 60s and recent in treatment of several addictions, etc. "

Does he have to do everything?....lol. He's pointed people in the correct direction to look. Isn't that enough?

endlessness
#9 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD
#10 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:25:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

" He's pointed people in the correct direction to look. Isn't that enough? "

No . The " right " direction ? Its only the right direction if its true . And up untill now i have not seen any evidence for the claim . All i have seen is distortions from different directions in books and the web . IF drugs cure adiction where are the millions of sucsess storys ? How do they do it besides the person putting themselves in a position where they think with different prioritys / in a different way ?

corpus callosum
#11 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:33:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

GOD wrote:
" He's pointed people in the correct direction to look. Isn't that enough? "

No . The " right " direction ? Its only the right direction if its true . And up untill now i have not seen any evidence for the claim . All i have seen is distortions from different directions in books and the web . IF drugs cure adiction where are the millions of sucsess storys ? How do they do it besides the person putting themselves in a position where they think with different prioritys / in a different way .

I don't think endlessness has said that drugs cure addiction, but rather that they can aid the process of effecting a cure which does require a change in thought-processes. And this is where certain drugs can assist, in modifying the thought-patterns which typically accompany addictions.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

GOD
#12 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:35:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

" etc "

Thanks . I've already read those things and thats why i asked . The drug doesnt cure a person . The drug is used as a psychoilogical aid in psychotherapy = against mental adiction . It itself does nothing to stop adiction . Its used when a person is therapy resistant .

@ Thread ....... we undestand the difference between physical and mental adiction ? What drug stops physical adiction ?

jamie
#13 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive seen it in the downtown eastside of Vancouver..we have legal iboga centers. They have cured more people of heroin addiction than any of the other modalities being implemented.

There are legit studies which showed, way back before prohibition, that LSD is more effective at treating alcoholism than conventional methods.

There are countless studies showing such things with entheognic compounds..

like this...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24484985

google works.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#14 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC3306836/

GOD, you are wrong that the substances themselves cannot work in treating addiction. It is not just an adjunct to therapy.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You have not read the links then. How are effects not physical when results are also shown on rats? Or are you thinking they have a rat psychologist working in the researches doing rat talk therapy to cure mental issues? How do you explain noribogaine pharmacological effects, for example?

Nobody is saying drugs by themselves are the one and only cure for all cases of addiction but they can certainly help in many cases as shown extensively and are great tools in more than just psychological ways. You are not reading the publications if you don't see that.

GOD
#16 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:57:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Posting general links to google doesnt help me to understand what you are saying . Please be specific and point me at individual relevant studys that show that drugs cure adiction ...... physical adiction .

endlessness
#17 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...nking_and_basic_autonomy

You have to do your part of the research instead of expecting others to spoonfeed you. The links above should be sufficient to show physical effects and evidence for the benefit of those tools. Now you have to read the full publications, spend your time if you really want to know about this subject.

GOD
#18 Posted : 1/6/2015 9:09:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If people took the time to read what i have said they might understand .

It is claimed that people can use drugs to cure adiction . Thats similar to claims that cannabis cures cancer . I have said that its not the drugs of themselves . Its the drug asisted psychology sessions = A BIG difference . Without the psychological therapy they dont realy work . BUT ...... Fo instance ...... very small numbers of people go to ceremonys and think about their adiction and the reasons for and against it and then help themselves .

Drug therapy is usualy used against therapy resistant adiction ...... or in newer studys on a few patients .

The ibogain theapy is ( at least the last time i looked a few months ago after questions on another forum )acompanyed by two years of psychological therapy / hand holding . Does the drug cure adiction ?

GOD
#19 Posted : 1/6/2015 9:12:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

" You have to do your part of the research instead of expecting others to spoonfeed you. "

Please dont insult me . I did the research and am asking you where the proof is . A proof that you have so far not deliveed . All you have done is make statements and post general links . Please be specific . Do drugs cure physical adiction ?

jamie
#20 Posted : 1/6/2015 9:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is why I used to be an atheist.
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT