We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best Caapi Leaf Extraction? Options

Chan
#1 Posted : 1/6/2015 12:44:53 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

With a good quantity of dry caapi leaf, is simmering in acid-water, then reducing, the best way to grab an extract?
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tregar
#2 Posted : 1/12/2015 5:04:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi! man from chan chan. Smile Yes, I use pure vitamin C or citric acid powder (10g per lb) added to boiling spring water for 20 minutes, then simmering leaf for 35 more minutes in a stainless steel pot only to get a leaf extract, after cool down, transfer all to a tall mason jar, then leave it in the fridge for 1 week, this allows the sediment to all fall to the bottom, then just decant off the top water from the sediment, and evaporate. Or can use a 'pure alkaloid caapi extract' (just google to find, they are 280mg or so.) i have seen not only caapi vine but leaf extracts very cheap (less than six dollars?), the extracts even had lab tests done to verify the purity and ratio of natural ingredients which were harmine, tetrahydroharmine, and harmaline. With about 1 and 1/5th extract, I can feel the presence of the caapi vine nearly all day long, so I like to use it early in the day, great sense of well-being, really like the high-frequency vibrational feel of caapi vine or leaf, nothing else like it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

tregar
#3 Posted : 1/15/2015 10:11:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Concerning caapi leaf, Found this from their FAQ as well:
Quote:
Why do we only carry two products?
Back to Basics is our motto. Sure, we could offer hundreds of other products like many other Botanical places, but our two fragrances (caapi spirit vine extract and caapi blossom leaf extract) meet a market which is already saturated with gimmicks like 1:4, 20:1, 16:1..caapi extracts etc. This has been going on for decades, with no end in sight. None of these other businesses even bothered to once perform a lab analysis of their product. Many of these caapi extracts are super over-priced, have been found to contain miniscule amounts of tetrahydroharmine, some low quality extracts containing only harmine & harmaline, which is not representative of real authentic caapi at all. We take our two extracts very seriously with pain-staking attention to quality and standardization, extracting from the finest caapi and using all natural solvents, taking many days to arrive at the final high quality standardized pure alkaloid extract, all in the goal to provide 98 to 99% clone of the beginning Peruvian Yellow Cielo Master Mother Vine. We only offer two products because we believe in them, and a money-back guarantee.
I have found them to be 100% no nausea so long as you don't go too far past your personal level for inhibition, (for me this is 1 and 1/5th of an extract) but they don't irritate the intestines one bit; even received a couple free extracts with order as there are specials every now and then.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Chan
#4 Posted : 1/15/2015 10:35:33 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Hey Tregar, thanks for the info!

The settling step sounds useful Thumbs up

As you clearly know, the leaves themselves are tough as hell, similar to bay-leaves, and my blender won't touch them, even after cooking. So, I think I'll use a pressure cooker and a couple of freeze/thaw cycles to bust those cells wide open...will report back.

My first extraction I simmered down to a tarry syrup, which refused to harden off. I used dried lemon balm "flour" to make a kind of hash, and let that dry some more. With that, I can add a spoonful to a mug of boiling water and get a very pleasant, and as you say, long-lasting tea. IME so far, caapi leaf tea is much preferable to rue tea, purging seems a much more remote possibility, but then, I've purged a heckuvalot this last 12 months, so maybe my bar has been raised!
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

tregar
#5 Posted : 1/15/2015 12:40:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know exactly what you are talking about Man from Chan chan...a good quality caapi leaf brew induces a long-lasting high frequency body vibration (due to the high levels of thh in the leaf as compared to the vines sometimes) at least in myself, I've noticed, which can be felt for a long part of the day, that's why I take it early in the day myself, very high quality spiritual connection. Interested to see how your extration comes out! keep up the good work.Smile Yeah, the tarry stuff seems to take forever to harden off, likes to remain a sort of gooey mass. I don't even bother to blend the leaves or freeze them, etc. just drop them whole into the boiling water with plenty of 100% citric acid. I love your forum emblem, that has always been one of my favoritesSmile

Chan
#6 Posted : 1/15/2015 2:26:28 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Thanks Tregar! Obviously he's not from Chan Chan, which I thought might confuse/annoy some folks, but I like that he represents >10000 years of "inconvenient truth" Big grin

I like my tea with lemon balm and a drop of honey. Have you tried lemon balm as an add-in? It goes well with lots of things, and has some interesting properties of it's own.
― B.G. Bowers

tregar
#7 Posted : 1/15/2015 5:40:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna pick some lemon-balm up this weekend, thanks!

starway7
#8 Posted : 11/11/2021 10:12:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar wrote:
I know exactly what you are talking about Man from Chan chan...a good quality caapi leaf brew induces a long-lasting high frequency body vibration (due to the high levels of thh in the leaf as compared to the vines sometimes) at least in myself, I've noticed, which can be felt for a long part of the day, that's why I take it early in the day myself, very high quality spiritual connection. Interested to see how your extration comes out! keep up the good work.Smile Yeah, the tarry stuff seems to take forever to harden off, likes to remain a sort of gooey mass. I don't even bother to blend the leaves or freeze them, etc. just drop them whole into the boiling water with plenty of 100% citric acid. I love your forum emblem, that has always been one of my favoritesSmile

quote.... old post.... caapi leaf brew induces a long-lasting high frequency body vibration (due to the high levels of thh in the leaf ...

Are there high levels of THH in caapi leaf??

Hmm...Wut? I do have some 8 year old black caapi leaf... Rolling eyes

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 11/12/2021 5:48:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes but stairway isn't black caapi not really caapi at all, but Alicia Anisopitala?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand