We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tincturing Syrian Rue Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 12/31/2014 7:08:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I decided to attempt to create a Syrian Rue tincture. It's still in progress, but I took 60 g of un-crushed seeds and added them to a pint of clear 40 proof rum. They've been soaking in the rum for 4 days. Will keep this updated.

Has anyone else done this, any tips on the length of time required?
BundleflowerPower attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (851kb) downloaded 290 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 12/31/2014 7:28:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your going to have to evaporate quite a bit of that in order to make a tincture.
Otherwise it's just rue vodka making it even worse to drink.

If you want a harmala tincture why not take purified harmaline & dissolve it in the smallest amount possible of vinegar & take doses that are a few drops?

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 12/31/2014 7:41:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd be very wary of taking any amount of alcohol with Syrian Rue. Maybe I'm more sensitive than most, but I've felt an uncomfortable amount of respiratory depression when I mix Syrian Rue and other herbal alcohol tinctures.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 12/31/2014 11:29:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just messing around after I saw an online vendor selling a similar product. I'm thinking that by the time I strain it, the seeds should have soaked up a lot of the alcohol. I'd like to get it where 40 drops = 3 g.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 8/4/2016 6:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So quite by accident I learned how to do this.

I was brewing p harmala, perhaps 50 g to perform manske on. While reducing I feel asleep or something and woke up to the smell of the pot boiling off the last of the water. But the residue in the bottom of the pot was quite easy to remove, it was crystalline with a sticky texure overall. This product was very easily dissolved into clear rum, and now I have a pretty potent tincture.

So although I didn't weigh anything, because I generally weigh out the final product only with the rue, this seems like it could be a basic framework to start from.

starway6
#6 Posted : 8/4/2016 9:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think your going to have to crush and powder the seeds to extract a potent product..

I would store as a tincture in grain alcohol ...

Once ..I trued to extract salvorian A out of some ..blackish colored salvia 40x extract].. by soaking the plant material in alcohol and after couple days poured off the now greenish colored alcohol leaving much cleaner and greener colored leafe material..?

Thinking i got all the goodies out of the leafe materia was not correct as i descovered that all the soak did was make the salvia leafe cleaner to smoke..

The remaining dryed green leafe material.. was still quite potent!! but much smoother and cleaner to smoke..

So the grain alcohol i used didnt unlock the molecules from the leafe material very well it just cleaned what was on the outside surface of the leafe material..

A diferent chemicle must be needed..

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 8/4/2016 9:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's no need to crush p harmala seeds, they're very soft. I never crush them whether I'm making a brew or extraction, and this has an added benefit as crushing the seeds makes the liquid very hard to strain.

Btw, just completed a manske extraction, and I have quite a bit of product in citrate salt form. I think I may weight it out and see how some of it dissolves in alchohol.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 8/5/2016 9:44:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

People have stated that methanol is the best solvent for harmalas, which is clearly not food grade. And evaporation of ethanolic solutions of harmalas yields harmala red (Turkey red).

Quote:
There's no need to crush p harmala seeds

It is said that much of the alkaloid content is in the skin of the seeds. Grinding them up really does cause separation anxiety Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Intezam
#9 Posted : 8/7/2016 11:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
I'd be very wary of taking any amount of alcohol with Syrian Rue. Maybe I'm more sensitive than most, but I've felt an uncomfortable amount of respiratory depression when I mix Syrian Rue and other herbal alcohol tinctures.

can perhaps try instead loop hole 'stupéfiant' Laughing -- it be called huile de harmal aka extra vergine cold pressed harmal essential oil?

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 8/7/2016 10:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
RhythmSpring wrote:

can perhaps try instead loop hole 'stupéfiant' Laughing -- it be called huile de harmal aka extra vergine cold pressed harmal essential oil?

I'm actually in the process now of evaporating the rum.