We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Strength and Cardio Training Options

Ufostrahlen
#21 Posted : 1/20/2015 9:19:09 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Motivation pics for your today's workout Razz

http://instagram.com/sophiearvebrink/
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Varni
#22 Posted : 1/20/2015 12:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
ewok wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Random question for y'all muscle men (or women) Pleased So I've heard mixed opinions on whether to do cardio before or after lifting weights so I'm a little confused. What's a more effective routine? (in general- not necessarily bulking or cutting)

If you want to get stronger/grow would recommend cardio after weights. This way can put full energy into lifting. When people do cardio first I find they lack energy to lift with full intensity which is needed to get stronger/bigger.

I agree with this but only if you don't pace yourself.

I would try dividing your cardio in half.
Do some light cardio before to warm yourself up and get the blood flowing.
Then pump some iron.
Then finish off with more intense cardio while drinking a protein shake.

Typically, you want to warm up with whatever activity you will be doing later. Jogging doesn't really do much in the way of prepping your body for deadlifts. Surprisingly enough, stretching also hinders strength (but if you stretch your antagonist muscles for the day, you will see a slight increase in strength) and is best saved until after. You also usually want to avoid cardio, or any endurance training, until after you have completed your strength portion to prevent a buildup of lactic acid in the muscles. Every person is different so, of course, one needs to find what works best for them, but this approach has works for the majority of trainees.

Source: I'm an ACE certified personal trainer.
A naked man fears no pickpocket.

Varni
#23 Posted : 1/20/2015 12:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Motivation pics for your today's workout Razz

http://instagram.com/sophiearvebrink/

With boulder shoulders like that, I'm willing to bet she has more free test in her blood than most men do at any given moment lol.

Ufostrahlen
#24 Posted : 1/20/2015 2:56:40 PM

Varni wrote:
With boulder shoulders like that, I'm willing to bet she has more free test in her blood than most men do at any given moment lol.

Yeah, she's probably juicing, but who am I to condemn someone's drug use. Laughing She's a cute freak nevertheless.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Varni
#25 Posted : 1/20/2015 4:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Varni wrote:

Yeah, she's probably juicing, but who am I to condemn someone's drug use. Laughing She's a cute freak nevertheless.

lol Very true. It's unfortunate that steroids are still so shrouded in misinformation. People assume if one pins, they didn't work for their gains (whether it be strength or hypertrophy, or both) or that they are wrought with nasty side effects. In reality, you have to work just as hard, and twice as often since you recover so quickly, and side effects are slim to none, and almost always acute, if administered properly. Just about every horror story involving steroids is either about synthol (ugh, pure nastiness), or someone who went way too far with it.

Ufostrahlen
#26 Posted : 1/20/2015 5:26:43 PM

Varni wrote:
and side effects are slim to none, and almost always acute, if administered properly. Just about every horror story involving steroids is either about synthol (ugh, pure nastiness), or someone who went way too far with it.

My knowledge on steroids is rather tiny, but what I've heard is that there's alot of misconception regarding this topic and steroid users basically face the same problems as psychoactive substance users. The war on drugs certainly affected that area as well.

I don't consider taking (strong) anabolic substances in the near future, but if I find a doctor who is willing to prescribe and the side effects are really marginal, I'd look into it. HGH (somatropin) is said to have some positive effects: http://www.ema.europa.eu...p;mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1

SpartanII
#27 Posted : 1/20/2015 5:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Varni wrote:
lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
ewok wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Random question for y'all muscle men (or women) Pleased So I've heard mixed opinions on whether to do cardio before or after lifting weights so I'm a little confused. What's a more effective routine? (in general- not necessarily bulking or cutting)

If you want to get stronger/grow would recommend cardio after weights. This way can put full energy into lifting. When people do cardio first I find they lack energy to lift with full intensity which is needed to get stronger/bigger.

I agree with this but only if you don't pace yourself.

I would try dividing your cardio in half.
Do some light cardio before to warm yourself up and get the blood flowing.
Then pump some iron.
Then finish off with more intense cardio while drinking a protein shake.

Typically, you want to warm up with whatever activity you will be doing later. Jogging doesn't really do much in the way of prepping your body for deadlifts. Surprisingly enough, stretching also hinders strength (but if you stretch your antagonist muscles for the day, you will see a slight increase in strength) and is best saved until after. You also usually want to avoid cardio, or any endurance training, until after you have completed your strength portion to prevent a buildup of lactic acid in the muscles. Every person is different so, of course, one needs to find what works best for them, but this approach has works for the majority of trainees.

Source: I'm an ACE certified personal trainer.
Rebounding on a mini-trampoline also seems like it would be an effective low-impact warm up and in-between activity since it's relatively anaerobic yet provides a powerful vertical pumping action which is said to have numerous benefits including improved balance/coordination, blood and lymphatic circulation, detoxification, bone density, digestion, muscle tone, increased endurance on a cellular level via stimulation of mitochondrial production, and, considering many of the effects listed above, rebounding seems like it could reduce lactic acid buildup. Unfortunately, it appears that not a lot of research has been done on it, although there is some, including a study done by NASA. There is also a wikipedia artical with more info and sources. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_exercise

SpartanII
#28 Posted : 1/20/2015 6:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a thread I made on Rebounding back in 2012 that includes some more info and research links (although a couple don't work anymore).

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=320186#post320186

Varni
#29 Posted : 1/20/2015 6:48:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Here's a thread I made on Rebounding back in 2012 that includes some more info and research links (although a couple don't work anymore).

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=320186#post320186

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I could definitely see this helping in all sorts of situations, especially CNS development for stability and balance. Jump rope helps tremendously with that as well, and they're both basically the same approach. I'll have to toss some of this in with my workouts and see how it takes.

Varni
#30 Posted : 1/20/2015 6:55:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Varni wrote:
and side effects are slim to none, and almost always acute, if administered properly. Just about every horror story involving steroids is either about synthol (ugh, pure nastiness), or someone who went way too far with it.

My knowledge on steroids is rather tiny, but what I've heard is that there's alot of misconception regarding this topic and steroid users basically face the same problems as psychoactive substance users. The war on drugs certainly affected that area as well.

I don't consider taking (strong) anabolic substances in the near future, but if I find a doctor who is willing to prescribe and the side effects are really marginal, I'd look into it. HGH (somatropin) is said to have some positive effects: http://www.ema.europa.eu...p;mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1

Yea, the majority of steroid fear is greatly exaggerated. I have no reason to even consider supplementing test yet (I'm still in my 20's and my test levels are in the upper range), but I wouldn't completely rule it out in my late 30's or early 40's. Like you said, test brings a host of benefits all by itself. I've always looked at steroids like putting a turbo on a car. You're going to get great, sometimes amazing, results but you have to be willing to put the time, attention, and care into maintenance, otherwise you're gonna blow something. Right now, I'm happy being all motor (body and car lol).

Ufostrahlen
#31 Posted : 1/20/2015 7:09:47 PM

Varni wrote:
Yea, the majority of steroid fear is greatly exaggerated. I have no reason to even consider supplementing test yet (I'm still in my 20's and my test levels are in the upper range), but I wouldn't completely rule it out in my late 30's or early 40's.

Yes, 35-40 seems to be a good start. Some graphics I found:

Also, steroids seem to be relatively safe compared to cannabis, alcohol or ketamine. Source: Drug harms in the UK: a multi-criteria decision analysis", by David Nutt, Leslie King and Lawrence Phillips, on behalf of the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs. The Lancet. 2010 Nov 6;376(9752):1558-65. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)61462-6 PMID:21036393

--Shadow
#32 Posted : 1/21/2015 2:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That graph shows Ecstasy including "Harm to Others"

....like knocking someone over on the dance floor?
....Hugging someone to death?
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

Ufostrahlen
#33 Posted : 1/21/2015 7:08:42 AM

--Shadow wrote:

....like knocking someone over on the dance floor?
....Hugging someone to death?

e.g. environmental harm, crime related harm, cost of ODing or allergic people:

Quote:
"Currently, the production of sassafras oil, the source of MDMA, has been linked to the devastation of old growth forests in southwestern Cambodia. Sassafras oil from the Cardamom mountain area of Cambodia is more than 90 percent pure, so the desire to access this limited resource has resulted in the mass harvesting of trees, which has severely damaged the local ecosystem. Illicit factories can be found throughout the region, and the influx of workers into the camps has led to a depletion of wildlife in the area as well as the pollution of the rivers from chemical run of from the distilled oil. These rivers flow into the rest of Cambodia through the Mekong and Sap rivers, so not only are the flora and fauna from the immediate area being killed off, but the entire nation's water system is being polluted."

http://www.herbmuseum.ca...afras-safrole-production
Ufostrahlen attached the following image(s):
harm.jpg (116kb) downloaded 153 time(s).

nexalizer
#34 Posted : 1/22/2015 10:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to. Now I am travelling and it is harder to keep an exercise regimen going (being spoiled and used to forests/beaches..) in the big city.

I can't recommend this enough. If you don't exercise, barring any health issue, begin tomorrow!

Your body will improve, your confidence will improve, your energy levels will improve.. it's one of the best things that you can do for yourself, and it will echo through your life for decades and decades.

Seriously. It's hard to imagine unless you've been there. But you can start taking baby steps towards it.

Running, cycling, swimming, all favorites of mine. Don't neglect weights, especially as a man.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

pitubo
#35 Posted : 1/22/2015 10:34:20 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Ufostrahlen wrote:
--Shadow wrote:

e.g. environmental harm, crime related harm, cost of ODing or allergic people:

The bulk of actual harm is a direct result of prohibition. Without prohibition, a different set of rational mechanisms would allow for more efficient and safe production and use.

In your graphic schematic, I see no item or category for "prohibition".

3rdI
#36 Posted : 1/22/2015 10:58:43 AM

veni, vidi, spici

that graph seems pretty wonky, im surprised that K/mephadrone/E ect are said to cause less harm to the user than pot.

i only have personal experience to go on but i know if i had used pretty much anything below pot with the frequency i have smoked i would be a mess.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

obliguhl
#37 Posted : 1/25/2015 7:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Your body will improve, your confidence will improve, your energy levels will improve.. it's one of the best things that you can do for yourself, and it will echo through your life for decades and decades.

Sport has never been the miracle cure for me,,,i bike two times daily and lift every day or every other day. Sure, it beats not doing it, but mood and energy levels don't improve that much imho. Well, at least no for me Wut?

Its still a good thing to do, because our bodies simply need the workout. As for muscles, i haven't seen good results for my first 4 months, but now im getting more protein and things seem to progress faster Thumbs up

Not sure if im interested in steroids. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, just make my body as sexy & healthy as possible Pleased

adam
#38 Posted : 1/26/2015 1:50:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like running, but its hard in the winter on my throat and lungs. Lifting weights for at least a bit everyday. Yoga and stretching. Swimming is the best but I am banned from the university gym for another 3 months for climbing the rock wall without a rope Thumbs down .

Just mixing it up and staying active. I really miss going to yoga class though, I have been wanting to get started again but am so busy. In my opinion it gave me the best results out of any exercise when I was going routinely.

#39 Posted : 1/26/2015 2:28:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

adam wrote:
Swimming is the best but I am banned from the university gym for another 3 months for climbing the rock wall without a rope Thumbs downn .

Laughing

hardboiled
#40 Posted : 1/27/2015 12:28:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mostly body weight training in last 3-4 years. Went really hardcore in last year with adding the additional weight for resistance. Muscle ups, dips, push ups, pull ups, chin ups, hand stands, front and back levers etc...for the upper body and for lower squats of all kinds and sorts and for cardio i run or just decrease my rest time periods between each set. I use to play alot of basketball and other sports but after a decade and more i completely stooped it and lost interest in it. Funny and i thought i would be playing it for the rest of my life.Smile
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

PREV123NEXT