We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Earthwalker's 100g tek question. Options

whatlurks
#121 Posted : 3/26/2015 10:45:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine, how much of the 2 liter does your sediment take up? Following your help someone might play around with levels and it may seem to take up most of the jar. Like, let's say 9/10ths of it wet. It might be a bit worrysome that dmt might get trapped in the big fat wad of fibrous strands left after putting the bark through a small coffee grinder. Should someone be worried about that?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tryptallmine
#122 Posted : 3/27/2015 12:45:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

whatlurks wrote:
Tryptallmine, how much of the 2 liter does your sediment take up? Following your help someone might play around with levels and it may seem to take up most of the jar. Like, let's say 9/10ths of it wet. It might be a bit worrysome that dmt might get trapped in the big fat wad of fibrous strands left after putting the bark through a small coffee grinder. Should someone be worried about that?

Well I used very finely powdered bark so theres not much in the way of fibrous material to begin with. The powdered bark/sediment might take up 10% of the 2Lt lab grade bottle with 250g. 100g of powdered bark barely covers the bottom.

The bottle itself holds about 2.3lt to the rim so theres adequate volume for mixing material with acidified water. I'd probably consider things differently if I were using shredded bark and scale back the amount somewhat.

Try and run it though a blender first and then through a coffee grinder until you break the material down a bit. Or just a coffee grinder if that does the job. The finer the bark the greater the surface area it has to touch the acid and base phases.

500g of bark into a 2Lt lab bottle would probably utilize 20-25% of the space which wouldn't bother me at all. It's the acid phase that I'd be most concerned with in that regard. As long as its freely moving in the acid phase and not thick it should be perfectly fine.

whatlurks
#123 Posted : 3/27/2015 6:25:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Heh, I realized that the problem would probably be that the bark was not ground up enough after posting, but thought I'd see what you said first. Woooooooops. Guess it'd be time to strain off those liquids, ring the fibers out, and put it all back through a grinder until it wouldn't take up so much space. Confused

«PREV567