We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Earthwalker's 100g tek question. Options

GoldJesusFeet
#1 Posted : 12/29/2014 4:27:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Friend just finished the tek for my first time and was curious as to weather or not this looks normal.

3 pulls/50g Instead of 100
I'm a Telemarketer that watch's way too much Anime.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tydel24
#2 Posted : 12/29/2014 5:47:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has it dried? Did you do the mini a\b backsalting step

GoldJesusFeet
#3 Posted : 12/29/2014 7:45:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is directly after the mini a/b, I know it says the DMT will "crash out" but being his first time he was hesitant do to the white that came with it.

His main concern was the lye water and to weather or not any lye water could have possibly contaminated while only sucking the naptha off?

I personally believe some of the white layer in between the lye water and the naptha got sucked with it.

Should we re wash in naptha?

Forgive the fact that I'm fairly new.

tydel24
#4 Posted : 12/29/2014 7:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it looks like it I suppose. I can't say this from experience however, but I know your supposed to stay away from that fatty white layer.

I've also been thinking it would be advantageous to use a Ziploc bag and pinch a small hole in corner to drain slow and accurately. But I've yet to attempt this'

DrWalrus
#5 Posted : 12/29/2014 9:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably too late to say this, but...

Have you thought of freeze precipitation from this point?

tydel24
#6 Posted : 12/29/2014 11:30:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could backtrack, warm up some naphtha and redissolve with small amount. Then freeze, I think you should have froze it out to begin with, that's probably why you didn't get fluffy white.

DrWalrus
#7 Posted : 12/30/2014 4:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It doesn't look like the solvent is completely evaporated. Just throw it in the freezer with seran wrap over it.

GoldJesusFeet
#8 Posted : 12/30/2014 12:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is what the finished product.
O
Looks similar to the mhrb extraction but let know what y'all think.

Would a naptha simple naphtha was get any unwanted material out or dose this look decent.

*edit*
This evening I will explain in depth the entire process he followed maybe an experinced chemist could perhaps find something he might have miss.

tydel24
#9 Posted : 12/30/2014 6:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks pretty good. Especially with only 50 grams extraction. Did you redissolve then freeze again? Just curious as how yly went from your previous gooey pic to that. As I may have to myself very soon. Depending on what I get

GoldJesusFeet
#10 Posted : 12/31/2014 4:59:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize I have deadlines to meet by the end of the year so have been overwhelmed the last couple weeks so I haven't had many opportunities to visit him but will get a full in depth process of how it was compleated, I do apologize for procrastinating.

I do know he didn't freeze precipitate. Straight evaporated, 8 hours later there was no residue no smell of solvent and about 75% pure white/ 25% yellowish as you can see.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
But by no means "spoonfed"

~GoldJ€susFeet™©®¢÷×Π¶∆√©®™

Earthwalker
#11 Posted : 12/31/2014 8:50:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When doing the mini ab you can't just suck up the frothy looking fatty layer with the naphtha , surely there's dmt in it but it will slowly disperse and dissolve after a few pulls ..... In saying this that that dmt from the original post will be SO contaminated its not funny DO NOT SMOKE that under any circumstances without reX it at least 2 times ..... If you can't understand how I've written that particular tek out ASK THE QUESTIONS dont just wing it or reread it multiple times to get the jist of it or tackle an easier tek !!!!!

GoldJesusFeet
#12 Posted : 12/31/2014 1:47:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
When doing the mini ab you can't just suck up the frothy looking fatty layer with the naphtha , surely there's dmt in it but it will slowly disperse and dissolve after a few pulls ..... In saying this that that dmt from the original post will be SO contaminated its not funny DO NOT SMOKE that under any circumstances without reX it at least 2 times ..... If you can't understand how I've written that particular tek out ASK THE QUESTIONS dont just wing it or reread it multiple times to get the jist of it or tackle an easier tek !!!!!

Earthwalker, I do appreciate the advise. I learn through experience and learning from the mistakes.

I hope you wouldn't mind checking back, I will re-x tonight.

Quick question about the frothy layer, I noticed even if I didn't directly pull it it seemed to want come in small traces as the solvent got thinner, for future reference should I play it safe and leave some solvent.

Just curious how to avoid this problem in the future.

Earthwalker
#13 Posted : 12/31/2014 2:21:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GoldJesusFeet wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:

Earthwalker, I do appreciate the advise. I learn through experience and learning from the mistakes.

I hope you wouldn't mind checking back, I will re-x tonight.

Quick question about the frothy layer, I noticed even if I didn't directly pull it it seemed to want come in small traces as the solvent got thinner, for future reference should I play it safe and leave some solvent.

Just curious how to avoid this problem in the future.

Yep just pull slowly and carefully when it gets real thin , I usually do a extra pull or two 24 hrs or so later as it seems to dissipate .. Even try sucking it up and placing it up in to a shot glass or test tube just something that's really thin so it's easier to get too !! Thumbs up

tydel24
#14 Posted : 1/1/2015 4:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what do you guys think of the ziploc bag idea? also a quick ? i have, i just didnt wanna post a new thread as it really is a quick question, in ews tek i noticed he just used straight tap water when he freeze thawed, would it be okay to go ahead and use acidified water with the freeze? no ph meter here so i stick to a ratio and dont wanna throw that off too much.
In retrospect. Thatsca stupid question. I imagine the zipkic bag would just melt from the lye.

Earthwalker
#15 Posted : 1/1/2015 12:34:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tydel24 wrote:
. I imagine the zipkic bag would just melt from the lye.

Yep contamination that's for sure , also I wondered about acidifying the water before the freeze thaw stage and couldn't come to a true theory for advantage as I use really finely ground barks so I didn't give it anymore thought Rolling eyes

tydel24
#16 Posted : 1/2/2015 8:14:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

whats your suggested ratio of vinegar to water, would like to avoid getting and dealing with ph strips, but if its highly suggested i do, couldnt i retrieve them fairly cheap at a pet supply store, in the fish/aquarium section?

Earthwalker
#17 Posted : 1/2/2015 9:24:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tydel24 wrote:
whats your suggested ratio of vinegar to water, would like to avoid getting and dealing with ph strips, but if its highly suggested i do, couldnt i retrieve them fairly cheap at a pet supply store, in the fish/aquarium section?

As said in the TEK 60ml white vinegar to 400 - 500ml water , would be sufficient ..........Smile

GoldJesusFeet
#18 Posted : 1/4/2015 7:29:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished re-x 2, evaporation has begun.

Everything looks beautifuly clear.

Thank you Earthwalker, I will be mindful of that white layer next time.

Spaced Out 2
#19 Posted : 1/5/2015 12:21:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep that fatty layer is hard to avoid when decanting to get every last drop, I always have some that gets through. After I do the freeze precip I just scoop out the orange or brown crystals that appear and then reX them and that usually takes care of any contaminates. Good luck with future extractions.

tydel24
#20 Posted : 1/6/2015 12:38:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Yep that fatty layer is hard to avoid when decanting to get every last drop, I always have some that gets through. After I do the freeze precip I just scoop out the orange or brown crystals that appear and then reX them and that usually takes care of any contaminates. Good luck with future extractions.

Hmm.. that seems right up my alley. Ive got some pics i need to put up but im on a cell and dont kbow how to. I did ews mibi ab and i can really tekl the difference. Only problem is it still loooks like sone fats got introduced. It liiks great when froze and crystald just flake off. But i fear melting when it dries. Should i scrape up what i got and re'x while frozen

123NEXT»