We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
lespedamine (1-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) active? Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#1 Posted : 12/19/2014 1:30:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In TIHKAL shulgin speculates that 1-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine May be active as a psychedelic when smoked.

I've searched for information on this topic and have not been able to find any thing.

Has anybody ever tried smoking 1-MEO-DMT?

Does anybody know of any reports of 1-MEO-DMT being active as a psychedelic when smoked?

-EG

The compound with a methoxy group substituent at the 1-position is called Lespedamine, 1-MeO-DMT. With an NO bond, this should be classified as a substituted hydroxylamine. I would love to know if anyone anywhere has ever tried smoking it. I suspect it might very well be active, but it is, to my knowledge, untried. -A. Shulgin; TIHKAL-

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Auxin
#2 Posted : 12/19/2014 7:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This could be quite bad for your lungs.
Just boiling lespedamine in water is enough to convert it to DMT and formaldehyde. [1]
Smoking may do the same.

Smoking formaldehyde = unwise

SKA
#3 Posted : 12/19/2014 11:02:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just reading about this molecule 2 days ago. Appearantly it is found in a plant
called Lespedeza Bicolor. However Wikipedias page on Lespedamine does not say in what
plant-parts and in what percentages Lespedamine was found in L.Bicolor.

Would be interreting to find out.
If it contains decent percentages of Lespedamine it may be worthwhile to extract it,
boil it in water and find a way to separate the DMT from the formaldehyde to yield DMT.

This plant needs further chemical analysis. We need to know Lespedamine content of various
plant parts of Lespedeza bicolor, harvested in various seasons.

MaNoMaNoM
#4 Posted : 12/20/2014 3:02:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wut? i was just reading about this same thing a few days ago.. Great minds and all that. Pleased
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/20/2014 2:59:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Quote:
With an NO bond, this should be classified as a substituted hydroxylamine.

Confused

he must've meant substituted methoxylamine. the bond order is R=N-O-CH3.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck