We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long can i leave it colonized? Options

yamma1
#1 Posted : 12/18/2014 7:45:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With Cubes,

I know to leave at least a week or so after being fully colonized in the jars, But how much LONGER can I leave them before removing?

I have jars that have just fully colonized but I may not be around to remove for longer than a week, maybe 2 or even 3 weeks may pass before I can continue.

Will this be ok for them? OR is there really a MAXIMUM time you can leave for?

Thanks guys.

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MaNoMaNoM
#2 Posted : 12/18/2014 2:57:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, iDK bout leaving them 2 or 3 weeks when they are already ready,
but only thing i know to suggest is cold temperatures slows the growth.
Maybe involve a trusted friend todo the birth stuff for you. GoodLuck Thumbs up
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

yamma1
#3 Posted : 12/19/2014 6:30:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK Thanks.

Don't have anyone to birth the cakes for me, so maybe I will put the jars somewhere colder for the duration. Will this ONLY slow down the rate of growth? or is there a chance of killing it? If I was to maybe put the jars in the fridge for a few weeks, could this work?

really would like an answer to maximum time it can be left fully colonized though, If anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks Smile

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 12/19/2014 9:08:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2-3 weeks can be too late. I think you should prepare for mushrooms Very happy No big deal though....i've even had several in vitro flushes. Just birth them after the first flush and proceed normally.

But then, sometimes what looks like full colonization isnt.

MaNoMaNoM
#5 Posted : 12/19/2014 7:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This post on the Shroomery may be helpful.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

BecometheOther
#6 Posted : 12/20/2014 1:14:30 AM

metamorhpasizer

I have busted out jars months later and still had success.

Just look for myc piss (a yellow liquid that is waste product of mycelium) too much of that is nasty... also smell the jar. A really sour smell may indicate bacterial contamination. Any mold contamination should be readily visible.

Also, shake the jar (if grain) 24 hours before doing anything, if healthy the culture should recover, if not healthy it will die.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

yamma1
#7 Posted : 12/20/2014 6:23:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, Thanks Guys, and for the link MaNoMaNoM Smile

I should have planned it a little better than I did, but then, who would know Christmas would turn up now??? Razz

I think I can get round not having to leave them for too long fully colonized, with a bit of planning and devious moves, it should just work out Smile Thanks Again Smile

Terrence Mckenna

Varni
#8 Posted : 1/20/2015 1:50:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard of people going for months without opening the jar, and the myc growing fine once put in sub. I have a jar that's been fully colonized since end of June/beginning of July last year. Life happened and I was unable to do anything with it so I just left it in a makeshift incubator. I haven't noticed any in vitro fruiting so I may need to make a thread whenever I can get a tub set up and see what happens.
A naked man fears no pickpocket.