We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Laughter inevitable? Options

lonewolf123
#1 Posted : 8/16/2009 6:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only smoked salvia a few times before, I think a 5X and 20X, its been a while but im not sure. Either way, the few times ive done it I was laughing insanely and nothing could stop my laughter. Every video ive seen on youtube the people are laughing. So pretty much my question is, even if I have a deep, enlightening trip, will I still be laughing my ass off? Id prefer not laughing only because I do not live alone and I dont need to let everyone in on what im doing....

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 8/16/2009 7:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Short answer: NO
Long answer:

Quote:
Every video ive seen on youtube the people are laughing

The world is full of idiot. Unfortunatly. Most of the time not the tripper is laughing but his "buddies" who're trying to scare the hell out of him.

HappyCamper
#3 Posted : 8/16/2009 9:59:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know where the laughter theory is coming from. SWIM and his trippers usually just sit motionless the whole time.

lonewolf123
#4 Posted : 8/16/2009 10:57:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So it seems laughter isn't as common as I thought it would be, maybe it was just me.... I bought some more this afternoon and will try it tonight. Ill report how it went incase somebody is interested. Thanks for the responses

۩
#5 Posted : 8/16/2009 10:58:50 PM

You can hold it in,
or you can let it out.
It's up to you.

lonewolf123
#6 Posted : 8/17/2009 1:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I remember correctly (this was maybe 2 yrs ago), there was no holding it in......

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 8/17/2009 2:14:35 AM

John Murdoch IV

You might laugh for the first times until you get used to the bizarreness of salvia. But then you start to go deeper and the trips start to change. It's like with pot. The first times you smoke pot you might laugh a lot but when you start to smoke more the high changes a lot. At least for my smoking cannabis is nothing like when I was smoking it as a teenager. It's a totally different high today Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/17/2009 5:38:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had a salvia trip once where I was shown a wall, and on one side of it was laughter, complete release and collapse in joy and happiness, and on the other side was sort of a melancholic, dark and fearful fealing..I could feel the laughter bubbling, and I let it rise and I popped over onto the other side of this memrane wall and began laughing like a freakin madman for what must have been 10 or 15 minutes..so hard I was practilly crying, and it felt so damn good. Nothing at all wrong with shamanic laughter..I have this theory that a person is most happy and alive while laughing..I am talking about real laughter that fills you up, from inside.. not some stupid kids laughing AT someone else out of they're own insecurities..and yes..I do see this as a big part of the salvia experience..doesnt always happen, but often it does.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#9 Posted : 8/17/2009 5:40:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

DMTripper wrote:
You might laugh for the first times until you get used to the bizarreness of salvia. But then you start to go deeper and the trips start to change. It's like with pot. The first times you smoke pot you might laugh a lot but when you start to smoke more the high changes a lot. At least for my smoking cannabis is nothing like when I was smoking it as a teenager. It's a totally different high today Smile

Yes, those really deep trips I admit aremore shocking than anything..but those journeys I am not "here" to laugh..I see it happen with others durring re-entry alot though..and if not laughter for me, it can be the complete opposite..not everything she shows me seems funny..not at all.
Long live the unwoke.

DOS
#10 Posted : 8/18/2009 6:49:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I had a salvia trip once where I was shown a wall, and on one side of it was laughter, complete release and collapse in joy and happiness, and on the other side was sort of a melancholic, dark and fearful fealing..I could feel the laughter bubbling, and I let it rise and I popped over onto the other side of this memrane wall and began laughing like a freakin madman for what must have been 10 or 15 minutes..so hard I was practilly crying, and it felt so damn good. Nothing at all wrong with shamanic laughter..I have this theory that a person is most happy and alive while laughing..I am talking about real laughter that fills you up, from inside.. not some stupid kids laughing AT someone else out of they're own insecurities..and yes..I do see this as a big part of the salvia experience..doesnt always happen, but often it does.

Fractal enchantment, I agree with you 100%. I've experienced this same deep, Salvia laughter that brings tears of shamanic joy. Laughter is excellent medicine supported by science that shows laughter lowers stress, lowers blood pressure, releases endorphins, strengthens the immune system, improves cardiovascular health etc. People don't laugh enough, and Salvia knows when you are in need of a good laugh. I've talked to a couple people who said they don't like Salvia because they laugh so hard, and I wonder...are these people sick in the head?! Who the F!ck doesn't like laughing?! Don't fight it lonewolf123, you need it on a personal level.
Every post made past, present, and future by DiscipleofSpice is purely fiction.
Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

HappyCamper
#11 Posted : 8/18/2009 8:58:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that I think about it, I once did have a fit of laughter. It wasn't during the main phase of the trip but on the comedown part when I was back on earth. It was really dumb, I felt like I was in a time loop and everything was repeating itself. Just kept laughing till tears came out

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 8/19/2009 2:12:34 AM

John Murdoch IV

It can be so good to laugh on Salvia Smile To just scream in laughter Smile Hahahah Salvia can be a lot of fun. After the first times I tried Salvia I had so much fun I just couldn't imagine a bad trip. Not until I smoked a massive dose of 60x Salvia. Since then I've been showing it a lot more respect. Don't fuck around with her.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

lonewolf123
#13 Posted : 8/19/2009 3:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice replies, how much 15x would you guys say is a good dose?

lonewolf123
#14 Posted : 8/26/2009 6:39:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I loaded 30mg up and torched it down.... maybe 30mg wasnt enough and I am getting a wrong impression of salvia, but the feeling it gives me is not a good feeling at all. A very disgusting feeling all over my body (not just the 'salvia gravity' and pins and needles all over my body). So just in case anyone was wondering how my time with it went, I would say not good and I will not be smoking it again for awhile..... oh, and there was no laughing this time, yay

jamie
#15 Posted : 8/27/2009 12:34:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that feeling...she needs to be approached differently than other entheogens, that's for damn sure. If you go into it looking for that tryptamine feeling you will miss the stuff she is really made of. Also try plain leaf and do it in the dark..DO NOT use music with beats or anything like that at all..a light tonal sounding music at the most, or silence. There is a way to let go with salvia, but if you dont really "get it" it can feel quite uncomfortable.
Long live the unwoke.

Darkbb
#16 Posted : 8/30/2009 7:48:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

StudentofSalvia wrote:
fractal enchantment wrote:

Fractal enchantment, I agree with you 100%. I've experienced this same deep, Salvia laughter that brings tears of shamanic joy. Laughter is excellent medicine supported by science that shows laughter lowers stress, lowers blood pressure, releases endorphins, strengthens the immune system, improves cardiovascular health etc. People don't laugh enough, and Salvia knows when you are in need of a good laugh. I've talked to a couple people who said they don't like Salvia because they laugh so hard, and I wonder...are these people sick in the head?! Who the F!ck doesn't like laughing?! Don't fight it lonewolf123, you need it on a personal level.

You could use it like medicine. : ) really fun medicine. I find it easier to guide the trip between laughter and seriousness while alone in the dark. I thought it almost impossible to not laugh when I did it with a few friends Smile. But when experienced alone I let the visuals take me over it was different.

corridors of my cells
#17 Posted : 9/6/2009 11:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i had times when im smokin alone that i couldnt stop laughin but i noticed near to end of the trip its like u laugh then u dont then again u laugh and u dont ur feelings keep fluctuating a bit then the trip ends...