We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yellow crystals spice verses white crystals... Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 12/4/2014 2:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my last extraction of 400 grms of acacia bark i got two types of crystals in my acacia tincure ..
Yellow crystals and snow white crystals.. and seperated them in two dropper bottles of grain alcohol being concerned about purity and not wanting to spoil my pretty white crystals..Wut? ...
This time i finaly had the chance to test booth seperatly...
I was expecting the yellow crystals to be more harsh and no so injoyable but found that ..[although the white crystals [in 15 drops]..were quite good vaped well..
The 10 small drops of the yellow crystals were very smooth come up and a more visual experiance?
Even though the two tincures look about the same amber gold color im starting to mlike the yellow crystal better?
Whith the lack of talk about DMT tincure i feel as if im the only one why likes it as a tincure?
Anyone ever noticed this diference with acacia?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ScientificMethod
#2 Posted : 12/4/2014 2:21:39 AM

The_Scientific_Method

I have had very similar results but had not compared the two until recently. Upon trial, I find them to be virtually identical.
All of my posts are entirely fictional. I am a writer, and as a means to research the life of a fictional character that I'm writing about, I post on the Nexus to get into character. In real life I have no interest or interaction with mind-altering substances.

anrchy
#3 Posted : 12/4/2014 2:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The variable effects of dmt are difficult to judge. To say the yellow gave you this experience and the white gave you that is impossible in the setting that i assume you were in. If that were all it took to figure out the difference then this experience where i used the yellow pillow under my head that was more visual compared to the time i used a blue pillow means the yellow pillow will always produce that effect. Which is wrong.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

starway6
#4 Posted : 12/4/2014 2:28:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ScientificMethod wrote:
I have had very similar results but had not compared the two until recently. Upon trial, I find them to be virtually identical.

Iteresting ...
It may be posible that my yellow spice tincure is more densly concintrated.. [per drop] than the white crystal tincure is [per drop]/meaning i may be getting more dmt per drop?
Just a theory..

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 12/4/2014 1:30:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The yellow crystals don't bother me, I have had very meaningful and intense experiances from the yellow crystals as well as the white. I'm sure that chemically there is some minor difference, but subjectively the experiances from white or yellow are very similar if not identicle. This is just my oppinion though, if there is a reason to believe that the yellow crystals are inferior I would very much like to hear it, because its hard for me to differentiate based on my personal experiances with both colours of crystals.

-EG

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/4/2014 2:02:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=11715

Color is a very poor indicator of content. Considering your extraction was used with clean chemicals, I'd say the color makes no difference, its possibly just DMT polymorphism, and my hypothesis is that nobody would be able to tell apart different colored extracts in a blind test anyways.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 12/5/2014 3:41:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you endlessness! Very happy, really good information.

-EG

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 12/12/2014 1:33:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.sciencedirect...e/pii/S0026265X13000544

The link above is to a paper titled "Investigations into the polymorphic properties of N,N-dimethyltryptamine by X-ray diffraction and differential scanning calorimetry"

Aside from being very informative this paper also addresses some of the topics discussed in this thread.

-EG