We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
with friends like these... Options

null24
#1 Posted : 11/28/2014 8:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Another chunk of bad news in my gmail inbox this A.M. From the short article:
Oh, and this doesn't belong in the CELsubforum, this dude traded in his right to liberty for a few dollars. (Uh, allegedly, tbf)
"...the search warrant for a suspected DMT lab was completed at Garrison's residence in the 600 block of East Morningside Street in May. DMT, which stands for dimethyltryptamine, is a hallucinogenic drug that is typically snorted, smoked or injected.
During the search, several items were found under the stairs that are commonly found in labs used to manufacture methamphetamine, according to the statement. Those items included a hot plate, glassware, lighter fluid, syringes, tubing, screens with filters and bottles with various liquids.
After being read his Miranda rights, according to the statement, Garrison reportedly said he was attempting to manufacture DMT.
"He gave me the steps he had taken to attempt to make it," the statement reads.
Samples of the liquids were sent to the Missouri Highway Patrol Crime Lab, and results showed they contained amphetamine, according to the statement."

Even with all the typical drug war hyperbole and jingoistic misinformation, this guy looks like a real low life. Stolen vehicles, ID theft (or forgery, wtvr), meth, and... DMT?

What, are there enough rap and 'alternative' songs about DMT now that criminals like this guy have been clued in and are jumping on the bandwagon looking for another way to make easy money? I used to think that the virtue of the spice was that it led to life improvement through it's action, but that idealism was nullified by the fact that, well, it doesn't. It's up to the person who takes it.

It's only magic in the hands of a magician, otherwise regrettably, it's just a drug top some.

I wonder if this mullet-bearer (actually looks like he traded it in for a buzzcut and chops) thought that for some reason he'd have lesser charges if he copped to DMT extraction, rather than meth manufacture. The short article mentions that amphetamine was found in some of the liquids that police confiscated. Maybe saying that after being mirandized was one of his brilliant meth ideas.

Say it ain't so, Joe!Thumbs down
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 11/28/2014 8:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hopefully this idiot wasn't on the nexus. Sounds like he'd readily give up any & all info on everybody he knows for a lighter sentence. Thumbs downn:
I can't understand why anyone would voulantarily tell law enforcement how they manufactured an illegal substance. Kind of seems like they'd be able to charge you with more knowing the entire process & details of what you did.

Aweems
#3 Posted : 11/28/2014 10:37:10 PM

Wisdom

This really bums me /:
Some people just aren't there yet guys...😔
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 11/29/2014 1:11:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
Hopefully this idiot wasn't on the nexus. Sounds like he'd readily give up any & all info on everybody he knows for a lighter sentence. Thumbs downn:
I can't understand why anyone would voulantarily tell law enforcement how they manufactured an illegal substance. Kind of seems like they'd be able to charge you with more knowing the entire process & details of what you did.

You'd be suprised how easily people will sing when arrested. It's new world where 99% of people are strictly out for themselves, and if that means ratting on their best friend to avoid charges... Or ratting on DMT as the case may be.

It's our job to grow that 1% into a substantial fraction of society, and not necessarily with entheogens, but also by setting a positive example in our daily lives.

concombres
#5 Posted : 11/29/2014 1:42:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
concombres wrote:

You'd be suprised how easily people will sing when arrested. It's new world where 99% of people are strictly out for themselves, and if that means ratting on their best friend to avoid charges... Or ratting on DMT as the case may be.

It's our job to grow that 1% into a substantial fraction of society, and not necessarily with entheogens, but also by setting a positive example in our daily lives.

i agree. I don't see why such a large portion of the population has such a hard time being held accountable for their actions when it's getting them in trouble.
A lawyer is one thing, but selling out other people to reduce the consequences of your own actions is just about the lowest you can get.

Whats even more immoral is that law enforcement supports this type of behavior.

Aweems
#6 Posted : 11/29/2014 3:04:20 AM

Wisdom

The "system"...
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 11/30/2014 4:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aweems wrote:
The "system"...

Exactly, that's why they call it the dope game. My state legislature may vote to legalize medical marijuana soon. The various police forces are against it claiming that it's too easy to bust people for it, and that arrests lead to bigger dealers.

This is line of reasoning is absurd! It proves that law enforcement does encourage snitching.

Of course sane people know that the only reason marijuana is sold by criminals is because of prohibition, thus if it's outlawed only criminals can sell it by definition. What a silly society we live in.

jamie
#8 Posted : 11/30/2014 4:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I am naturally very hesitant to draw conclusions from police reports. They are known to either be so clueless as to make bunk statements, or outright lie.
Long live the unwoke.

concombres
#9 Posted : 12/1/2014 12:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I am naturally very hesitant to draw conclusions from police reports. They are known to either be so clueless as to make bunk statements, or outright lie.

Thats a very valid point. Reading about another dmt bust got me so riled up i completely forgot about the fact that the police & journalists are uninformed & sensationalize things like this for shock value & fear mongering purposes.

null24
#10 Posted : 12/1/2014 5:17:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

What i was referring to as jingoistic drug war disinformation, but still, you don't often see a completely fabricated list of charges.

Its the alleged dmt producers alleged actions that puzzle me. And the lab report claiming meth in fluid form. O don't know what reagent test LE uses, but i would imagine meth and tryptamines produce different results, but maybe there was a misreading.

Still not finding much love in my heart for the guy. Apologies for coming off judgemental just kinda hate what meth does to people and have a prejudice against it.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Aweems
#11 Posted : 12/1/2014 5:51:03 AM

Wisdom

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Aweems wrote:
The "system"...

Exactly, that's why they call it the dope game. My state legislature may vote to legalize medical marijuana soon. The various police forces are against it claiming that it's too easy to bust people for it, and that arrests lead to bigger dealers.

This is line of reasoning is absurd! It proves that law enforcement does encourage snitching.

Of course sane people know that the only reason marijuana is sold by criminals is because of prohibition, thus if it's outlawed only criminals can sell it by definition. What a silly society we live in.

It's pretty sad..
The "economy" runs all this sh**. We don't trade shiny
rocks anymore for goods. Materialism, poverty, and "government" has corrupted
everything. We need our origins back. We need a solid foundation again in this
world. Not where our dreams are made illegal by the laws of lesser evil.
I could go on.. But I guess it's all personal perspective. Some may be offended.
But in the end, it's all physical bs(; enjoy your trophies lol.

But anyways, glad I can "vent" or ramble as you could say here 👌😂
Glad I found my family (: hope all is well fellow nexians.

hug46
#12 Posted : 12/2/2014 12:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Jamie to an extent.
I may have misread the article but nowhere can i see that this guy has ratted on anyone. We are speculating that he has ratted out his friends, he would rat out the DMTNexus and he has also ratted out DMT. DMT probly doesnt give two hoots as to whether it has been ratted out or not. He is more than likely very shifty but as far as i can see, he was the guy that was ratted on.

These reports are partly designed to provoke such reactions but lets try not to kneejerk ourselves to death.

Quote:
What i was referring to as jingoistic drug war disinformation, but still, you don't often see a completely fabricated list of charges.

You do see highly exagerrated lists of charges. It makes the cops look like they are efficient and fills quotas.

null24
#13 Posted : 12/2/2014 2:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where's the face palm emoji? Lol.
Yes, LE often throws as many charges at a person they can, it makes any plea deals they offer more palatable if they drop a couple, and i think it covers their litigious bases. I feel I'm putting myself in a position to defend cops and their behavior, I'm boy going to do that.

I'm also not really sure where the 'ratting'thing came from. If its from a statement i made, i was only thinking that he ratted in himself, according to the cop quoted.

Anyway, I'm leaving this can of worms be. I'm still applying my perhaps illogical and prejudicial hatred of meth heads (yes, coming from an old (inactive) opiate addict),so there. And if it comes out that the guy was set up, well, I'll hang my head in shame. Maybe.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

hug46
#14 Posted : 12/2/2014 4:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
And if it comes out that the guy was set up, well, I'll hang my head in shame. Maybe.

And if it comes out that he"s a dirty rat i will recant on my stance and hope that he burns in hell for eternity and some.

Quote:
VYes, LE often throws as many charges at a person they can, it makes any plea deals they offer more palatable if they drop a couple, and i think it covers their litigious bases. I feel I'm putting myself in a position to defend cops and their behavior, I'm boy going to do that.

I don"t think that you are defending cops Null and i wouldn"t be angry if you did. I always appreciate someone who plays devil"s advocate, even when i don"t agree with them.

I am not that familiar with the US law system, but where i live i have had friends do time for miniscule crimes with the accompanying charges and newspaper headlines twisted to make them look like the most heinous criminals. I will never take a news story at face value. There are always too many intricacies involved in a story to get it completely accurate.

GOD
#15 Posted : 12/2/2014 6:19:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Did that guy do anything different than the most people here do with DMT ? Wouldnt it be the same if you got caught doing an extraction ? Arent you all criminals ?

Meth is NOT dangerous . It is 100 % harmless . Its what ignorant people can do with it ......... the same as with othe drugs ........ that can be harmfull .

Most people grass . They play games that they cant take the responsibility for and then when they get caught they get the shock of their lives and talk . VERY few people dont .

At least in the unUK people who dont talk get beaten up / raped / tortured ...... or the pigs just tell people that someone who hasnt ytalked has talked . Abu graib situations are not rare there . A few hours in a cold dank , stinky cell with no daylight plus a few threats is enough to make most people talk . Even your own " friends " and family .

When the pigs doubt that charges will stick they often shower the person with charges because the acused person can not wash themselves completely clean = there is a good chance that one of the charges will stick ...... and ...... the courts and jurors think that the person must be a professional criminal . Courts mostly believe that the pigs dont lie ----- > = As we see here all they need to do is write a bad report about someone and that person is automaticly scum .

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

Nathanial.Dread
#16 Posted : 12/2/2014 6:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:

Meth is NOT dangerous . It is 100 % harmless . Its what ignorant people can do with it ......... the same as with othe drugs ........ that can be harmfull .

I have two words for you:

Dopamine neurotoxicity.

Meth is dangerous and damaging. It's coded right into it's MoA.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

GOD
#17 Posted : 12/2/2014 6:55:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Air is harmfull . Its called oxidation . Its unavoidable .

Meth is avoidable and has never harmed anyone . Just like all other recreational dugs ...... and also cyanide and other poisons .

Dtugs are NOT dangerous or harmfull ...... its what ignorant people can do with drugs that can be harmfull .

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

null24
#18 Posted : 12/3/2014 12:27:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
GOD wrote:

I have two words for you:

Dopamine neurotoxicity.

Meth is dangerous and damaging. It's coded right into it's MoA.

Blessings
~ND

Yeah, uh,no. I've had an argument for the legalization of all drugs on a harm reduction stance, that detriment to self and society from drug use is borne on the consequences of their illegality, an argument I've always succeeded in even persuading the likes of my octagenarian, southern republican father. Meth blows it out of the water. Based on nothing more than observational personal information, meth changes people, not the other way around. On an esoteric level, it's a synthetic made from reacting various toxic ingredients and the people that produce, to the one, ARE NOT NICE,NOR GOOD PEOPLE. Blanket statement i have no reservations with. I've listened to meth heads talk about how much they love committing crimes like ID theft, vehicle theft, robbery etc and how much meth helps them along. Either the drug is evil, or it attracts evil people. Either way, noone will ever persuade me that it's less than that.

Nothing personal. Meth sucks.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

anrchy
#19 Posted : 12/3/2014 10:40:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are no good or bad drugs. However, there is such a thing as harmful chemicals/drugs. Meth causes damage to the body, so it cannot be called harmless whatsoever. I have vast experience with tweakers.

I think possibly GODs post may be taken out of context. Maybe I am wrong, but it almost seems like he is trying to say what I said in my first sentence. A drug is not bad, what the person does with it we label as bad. Example: holding meth in your hand, no danger.

@GOD: You shouold be careful how you word things, as people will take you literally here, literally.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

hixidom
#20 Posted : 12/3/2014 3:11:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
During the search, several items were found under the stairs that are commonly found in labs used to manufacture methamphetamine, according to the statement. Those items included a hot plate, glassware, lighter fluid, syringes, tubing, screens with filters

This is the part that surprises me. I tell myself that "there's nothing illegal about owning a hotplate", but apparently it would make me a target.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.