We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi Alkaloid Extraction After Ayahuasca Brew Yield? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 11/26/2014 7:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read in the FAQ that after brewing the vine one can soak it in vinegar overnight and then proceed to freeze and thaw the mixture and follow with the easy caapi alkaloid extraction tek in order to obtain any remaining alkaloids from the vine.

My question is based upon others experiences doing this. Has any one done this and if so what type of yield can be expected? Obviously this is all dependent upon quality of vine and other factors during the injtial brew but I'm curious as to what type of yield has been achieved.

I just finished my first ever ayahuasca brew, vine only , and have the brewed vine soaking in solution. I plan on doing this tomorrow but am wondering if it is going to worth my time or if I should just leave it as is.

If anyone can contribute that would be great.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 11/26/2014 7:39:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depending on how much spent vine your extracting from it may or may noy be worth the effort.

If you do 4x boils theres only a small percentage (5-10%max) of alkaloids left in the vine.
What i like to do is save the spent vine from extractions in a large bag in the freezer & use that for extracting the remaining alks once theres a decent amount built up (500-1000g).

Al-Wasi
#3 Posted : 11/26/2014 7:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only did 3x3 boils on 100g of vine.

What I don't get is last time I did easy caapi extract tek I got 1.5g of harmalas from 100g. Meaning if I had drank a brew instead of doing extract I would of consumed 1.5g of harmalas? Or is a brew not getting all kd them the same way the easy caapi tek is? Seems like a huge dose.

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

concombres
#4 Posted : 11/27/2014 3:59:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al-Wasi wrote:
I only did 3x3 boils on 100g of vine.

What I don't get is last time I did easy caapi extract tek I got 1.5g of harmalas from 100g. Meaning if I had drank a brew instead of doing extract I would of consumed 1.5g of harmalas? Or is a brew not getting all kd them the same way the easy caapi tek is? Seems like a huge dose.

There wont be much left even after a 3x3 boil.
I just had the same thing happen w/ that extraction tek as well.
It may be that the alkaloids need further cleaning up. They are not fully pure i think until you can dissolve the alks in an acidic solution & nothing precipitates.

I thought it was really strange, because the effects of 50g vine was very close to the effects i normally get from 5g rue, which contains nowhere near 1g harmalas.

Al-Wasi
#5 Posted : 12/1/2014 11:17:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So if I was to do this. It says to soak and freeze the bark in vinegar then dethaw and boil for two hours and follow with caapi extract.

So after I soak and freeze in vinegar do I just add some water to the vinegar and caapi and boil for two hours and then follow the easy caapi tek?

Seems all the vinegar would throw off the amounts of lye needed in the process.

I'm quite confused as to how to proceed. I've done the easy caapi tek before so I know how to do it.

I soaked the bark in vinegar for 24 hours and then froze and thaw twice. If any one can tell me how to proceed that'd be great.